17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That surprises me also. I thought they were going to exhaust all potential buyers. In fact, one would think they're OBLIGATED to contact, in turn, everyone on the waitlist because that is what you paid the Jets for. Contractually, you paid money to be on a wait list to be contacted.

So, my guess is, they just haven't reached you yet. It's still only April 24 and they did say they would commence Phase II in May, so perhaps they'll be getting to you within this next week.

The fun will start when they go back around again. Then maybe we'll start to get some kind of indication as to how well the general PSL seats are selling. In my instance, I'm just going to go for the Uppers and see how I like them for a year or so.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Why will we be a "true home team"? We will still be sharing a Stadium so ti's the same thing we have now except the name on the building and the color of the seats will be different.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Some of the sales propaganda has been downright comical. Since the very beginning, they've portrayed this turd as a chocolate eclair.

Even the salespeople try to pass themselves off as "representatives" who are "here to help you with your move to the new stadium." They can't even be honest with the fan base about their own role, which is clearly to sell PSLs. The "help" part is all bullshit.

When my "rep" called and I gave him my inevitable decline on the Club PSLs, his question to me was, "Don't you want to be part of the 5-star upscale experience? Aren't all the amenities worth it to you?"

"Well, actually.... um... No," I said. "I've never gone to any of the games looking for an upscale experience. I go to the games to watch a football game. I don't care about 5-star amenities."

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love that last sentence, I go to football games to WATCH football! baseball is different, ti's a slower paced game, there are 81 home games and you need more amenities. Football just needs a field, I'd sit anywhere. The current Stadium is a great Stadium(although I hate that it is called Giants Stadium and in theor colors. All they had to do was repalce the seats and sell the naming rights), we didn't need a new one to share. if we got the NYC Stadium I'd have been fine w/ PSLs but to share a Stadium and pay for PSLs is even more criminal. The worst part will be b/c they cannot sell these PSLs games will likely be blacked out and we'll be like Miami, Buf and NE(pre-Parcells) fans worrying about blackouts.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the reason they did not exhaust the waitlist for the PSL's is b/c now they are starting at the top of the list of seniority and offering every seat in the house.once the upper deck is sold out,the remaining current season tix holders will have no choice to pay up or ship out.and i think they feel they have a better shot of a long time season tix holder who is used to forking over bucks annually and have some memories or traditions that we hold on to , that we will finally break and fork the cash over for a PSL just so we get in the building.

a waitlist member has never had to fork over a thousand bucks yearly and with the tough economy probably cant envision himself being delusional like us season tix holder.

really i must be out of my mind.if i ddint have such great seniority or fond memoeries with my deceased father,my ass would have bailed already.

FUCK YOU WOODY JOHNSON

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You got it 17A. They cant sell the PSL seats to waitlist and not have any inventory for the current upper deckers who are not going to make the 27k cut. I don't think its a big deal giving the $500 per seat because its less I have to pay later and I don't blame them for making sure you are gonna take the uppers. Sorry, I hate the PSL's and everything about this new place, but its not that big of a deal. If you don't like it, give them up

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This makes sense. I agree about the $500/seat up front, too. It's a chunk to have to come up with early but at least it's money towards the actual tickets and not just flat out extortion.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO is we NYJ fans should not give Woody 1 penny until he field a CHAMPIONSHIP team & I do not mean anything less then SB CHAMPIONS

9. Section 227. Row 5

I can understand them wanting you to pony up a deposit. They want a commitment. I don't have a problem with that, although I'm sure they know if I were to say yes and then not follow through, there are literally thousands of others who would jump on my PSL-free seats in a heartbeat.

But whatever. My official start date, according to them, is 1985. I thought it was earlier but was unable to prove it since I didn't keep receipts or whatever for the past 25 years. So, if I get the Uppers, I get the Uppers. If I don't, I'm out of here after many decades of enjoying the games in person.

And even if by chance I get the Uppers, I've got the attitude now that I can take it or leave it. I'll see what I think of those nose-bleed sets when the 2010 season arrives, and if I'm not thrilled with the "5-star experience," I'll just not renew for 2011.

That's what this entire cockamamie screw job has done to me... made me indifferent about it and caused me to re-evaluate whether the entire thing is really worth the money and/or the time spent all day on Sunday. As many have pointed out, you'll always be able to get a seat if you want one. If the Jets are 3-11 and the forcast is for sleet, tickets will always be able to be scored for a mere fraction of their cost, and the season ticketholder having to bail will be double screwed. Once by Woody and then again by the scalper or eBay bidder.

10. Section 227. Row 5

You got that right.

11. Italian Seafood

To follow that literally, it means we'd play the AFC Championship game in an empty building.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Let the building be empty and let it be blacked out. Fuck it. I've had it with Woody Johnson.

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

Hey 227, I feel the same way. My date is 1989, like you if I get non-PSL seats I'll try it out and determine whether or not I'm going to continue. After attending about 200 games in my life the team has made me feel really pissed about something that should be a happy occassion for the true fans who have supported this team for so long. Oh well, as you have also pointed out, they've pushed me to the point where I don't give a crap anymore...

#393 baamf, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ok but i have high seniority.i cant just give that up.especially for my 2 sons sake. my father was a season tix holderim a season tix holder and now the seast are in my sons
    17a III has them in his name. and as my duty as a father and sports fanatic i owe it to my bloodline to stand pat.

and wood y has a price on that. not only a price.but up their in his Park Ave Kingdom he keeps deciding,"oh 17a has paid that much??? lets see if i can get this much?????"

FUCK YOU WOODY JOHNSON

15. Italian Seafood

I'm not going to sweat it. If I'm out of the Jets tickets I'll get a Devils plan. The Devils have a beautiful new building 15 miles from my house, they don't play in the cold elements and there's no PSL. Oh yeah, and they win.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaaa..... good one.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I figured there is NO way I'm staying upstairs so I chose the 2 cheapest PSLs for 1st and 2nd choice and the upper for my 3rd.

Will see.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

F'ed

The problem here is that they are asking for a large sum of money already for 2010 right after the 2009 invoices are due. It's like a faux PSL for those who were So lucky not to have to pay one. Woody sucks. The whole thing SUCKS. To me. $500 per seat is another 3K to find somewhere. I am already borrowing for 2009.

I happen to be one of the poor slobs who are unemployed for the first time in my life. I had an easier time paying this invoice when I was a full time college student in 1981 than I am now as a god damn married North Jersey homeowner. It's tough right now, and now not only am I losing my lower tier seats that I've parked my ass in win or lose rain or shine since I was 16 years old, (I was at every Kotite home game, even the Saints games) I have to now somehow pay in advance for 2010. I opted for uppers and have to consider myself "lucky" for it compared to others fucked even harder than I am. Lucky? I go to every game since '79 in nice seats and now I get to sit upstairs and pay more for it. That's lucky in this modern age of pro sports.

I agree with you guys who say that the entire experience has led to them finally questioning the validity and sanity of all this. I agree. I was the a-hole who went each week and never questioned it. I'm not a front-runner. I am a Jets fan. My bachelor party was held in Boston and we all went to the Mo Lewis crushing Bledsoe's lungs game. We loved it. We won. Of course it was the beginning of their dynasty, but we didn't know it at the time. We are all being bled until we are at death's door. It is nuts. I never thought that I would say this because I love this team. I am close to giving it up. I promised myself that I would not succumb to the sucker PSL deal and that I'd at least carry over to the new stadium no matter where the seats were. I want to go for at least one season, After all of this crap, they'd better show me something on the field or else I am gone. I never demanded performance from this time like I will be now.

With all the complaining about the prices at Yankee Stadium now, I went Wednesday and sat in $20 seats - uppers, but not bad seats, I was surprised. Shocked actually. We had a blast. For any of you considering it, the bleachers are $14 and aren't too bad. You can roam the entire stadium from the bleachers now. So, even in Yankee Stadium there's value to be found. Not in this deal. Reading all of their stadium propaganda is down right sickening. Who are they kidding?

I vented and feel better. Thanks for listening.

19. Italian Seafood

I was at that KC game, 1988. Didn't we blow a 17-3 lead in the 4th quarter? I remember it because not only did we settle for a tie, it started pouring rain in OT and we got soaked, along with blowing the game. Had they hung on we could have probably made it out dry.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

3k going out a year early is a big deal to alot of people. especially if you are having to borrow it!!!!!!! when people are talking about tens of thousands 500 bucks doesnt sound like alot but it sure as HELL IS, especially today!!!!!

ugh that saints game on christmas was a horror show. no beer either, thanks giants fans! i think it was me, you and about 800 other people in the stadium that day. :)