Jewish fans jolt Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Are we only talking about ticket holders here? (I thought that is the issue, but I could be wrong. I didn't read every complaint post in full in this thread.)

Giants Stadium has roughly 15,000 more seats than Raymond James Stadium. For argument's sake, let's suppose twice as many Jewish fans attend Jets games than Bucs games. If so, we'd still only be talking about a small number of people who might be inconvenienced by the start time.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Holiday smack is weak.

3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

:rofl:

I love this thread.

4. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

5. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

That's because about 90% of it comes from one of the mods.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I agree with some of what you are saying but the facts are that some people who are ignorant to this may learn something.
    Isn't that the point of a discussion board?

To lock a thread because some think others are ignorant or because you or someone else has a different opinion is just as bad or even worse than the ignorance.

and for that matter locking it is basically the same thing the NFL did to the Jewish JETS fans....

7. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

holy shit this thread still didnt fucking die?! where's the crom! guy i wanna hear his opinion on this one...

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I totally respect the fact of a very sacred event for any religion..but come to my house and see the mental and physical preperation for Christmas.

The bottom line is that most religions seem to have days where you cant leave the house..except for Christians..and quite honestly...that makes me jealous. I would love to have a holiday that makes me stay in the house with family and not leave..instead of bouncing around the entire state of New Jersey on Christmas day..to the point that Im ready to blow my damn brains out by 6pm.

With that said, anyone that would have to miss a game because of this situation...I promise you the league will fix the problem.

9. SnakeTom

SnakeTom New Member

The Jets dropped the ball here.. The Giants asked to be on the road these two weeks & the Jets were silent about it. Now they are finally asking the NFL to allow changes on game dates or times. I guess Woody never heard of Rosh Hashona nor Yom Kippur. The point is that nobody would have complained if both the Giants & the Jets each had one home game on these two Sunday's. But NFL assigned both home games to the Jets rather than to the Giants thus requiring observant Jews to miss 25% of the home games that they have bought tickets for. Oh, by the way I do not think sports should be played on Christmas Day nor Easter Sunday either.

Tom K

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think this has been posted:

Letter from Woody Johnson

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/two_new_york_jets_home_games_c.html

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this further proves my belief that goodell is a nazi ;)

nice find wsw, that made me feel a little bit better that woody didnt completely drop the ball again!

this reminds me of last year when new england asked the nfl to schedule them out west 2 weeks in a row and they did it for them while the jets flew back and forth 8 times.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

if we're only talking about ticket holders, which I think we are, I'd wager the Jets have more than twice as many Jewish season ticket holders than the Bucs.

If you throw in fans who watch on TV or listen on the radio, that number grows.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Do you have a Jewts jersey? :wink:

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I am disappointed that one of the Jets games takes place during my annual Festivus celebration.

There is no way I can pin my father before kickoff time.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah. We're going to have to air our greivences during the tailgate.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

lol!

OK everyone in this thread take a turn telling everyone else what you dont like about them.

17. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Would a yarmulke day at the stadium to make up for this?

18. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Is that really necessary?

People who can't go those games have a right to be upset because the NFL helped the Giants but not the Jets. I got rid of my season tickets and I will be tivoing both games.

The issue is that a large percentage of the ticket holders will now have to sell their tickets. The Jets secondary market usually sucks. Add another 10% of the ticketholders trying to sell and it's going to make it that much more difficult to break even. What if your not jewish and you planned to sell those tickets? Now your going to have to deal with a market with a lot more supply and much less demand.

At some point the sellers will just give up and the Jets will have a home game with a ton of empty seats. Whatever small home field advantage the Jets have will be thrown out the window for those two games.

I could care less when they play, but why should the Jets have to deal with two of these games while the Giants will be on the road both weeks? That's the issue.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I have yet to see a mod or anyone else bash Arabs as a whole on this board.

I challenge you to prove otherwise.

20. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is a bummer. Something should be done. Do you think a yarmulke day at the stadium would make up for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.