Jewish fans jolt Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

And another interesting article with a different perspective on Koufax:

http://www.jewishsports.com/reflections/koufax_yom.htm

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This thread is an embarrassment to this board. The amount of mutual disrespect and ignorance on both sides is incredible. It's time people on this board acted with some maturity, intelligence, and empathy.

If I were Jewish, I would not be happy to have to give up 25% of my season because of a scheduling issue when there were obvious solutions (if this was a problem for the Giants, it was one for the Jets also - schedule one away game for each and have the home game start at 1 pm).

Some people get their panties in a bunch when their tailgating is interfered with, let alone the game. Why shouldn't people complain about missing two games???

And the comparisons between Christmas and the Jewish High Holidays are equally ignorant and offensive. As a Catholic, I can say that, depending on your heritage, Christmas Eve and Christmas are far more than just going to church. I am of Italian descent and Christmas Eve is the main holiday. It is an all night event with many family activities - that would take precedence over a Christmas Eve night game. Christmas is also an all-day holiday that involves important family time. It is a religious holiday and many Christians could not attend a Jet game.

The bottom line is that this thread should be locked and tossed and we should let the NFL deal with this issue.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Well said.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

10 times was an unnecessary exaggeration in any case, but again, your original point had nothing to do with this thread unless the NFL moving the game back to 1 PM would prevent Irish people from watching or attending the game.

5. GreenMachine

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

enough with your bullshit. Every time Jews are mentioned, you're present to criticize them and then yell loudly that you're not an anti-Semite and how people are unfairly called anti-Semites.

It isn't just this thread, typeO. Stop making out as if you're being unfairly portrayed as a bigot. This has been a pattern going on for years, and it's hard for you to hide it.

With anyone else, I wouldn't call them an anti-Semite for saying the NFL shouldn't make allowances for Jews. It's a reasonable and defensible position. For you, though, it's pretty clear why you have the stance you do, and it has nothing to with logic or reason.

I also note that no one actually called you an anti-Semite, but you're so sensitive about it that you've been screaming about it for pages.

9/11 or Israel ring a bell? Or 5 other threads that come to mind?

#226 Yisman, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

wtf are you talking about? Does Tampa Bay encompass all of Florida?

I said the tristate area compared to Tampa Bay's area, which is far smaller.

You want to compare the number of Jewish Bucs fans to the number of Jewish Jets fans?

Why must you twist my words? I don't know how many Jews there are in NYC or how many Jews there in Florida. What I do know is I never said "there are more Jews in NYC than Florida." You did.

But if you want to compare city to city, I'll wager that there are at least 10 times the amount of self-identifying Jews in NYC than there are in Tampa Bay.

8. GreenMachine

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

When have I criticized anyone,Yisman? I got pissed off becuase posters were claiming their religion of more importance than others,just like it seemed to boil over with some other people. I never said anyone called me an anti semite,but some call anything said in opposition to their opinion anti semetic. You chose to call me out,so show me where i have criticized or done anyhting other than defend my opinion without insulting anyone,or can your bullshit of calling me out.
    edit-oh,I see. It's because i also feel that the Arabs aren't solely to blame for the Mid East coflict. Yeah,add those 2 opinions together and you have a genuine Anti Semite.

#229 typeOnegative13NY, Apr 16, 2009
  10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

oh good, if we're using all of West Florida, then we'll use the tristate area, not just NYC.

You can't compare an entire state to one city.

11. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Your opinion has been consistently in one direction.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Blame it ALL on Israel? really? I did?

I think I have made it clear that I think both sides are to blame. I also find it kind of funny that there is Arab bashing relentlessly,and no one says shit about it.

#233 typeOnegative13NY, Apr 16, 2009
  14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

So point out the Arab bashing and say it's wrong. That's one way of changing things.

15. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

When I'm freezing my fucking ass off and the sun is down and the Jets are losing in the 3rd quarter I'll be sure to be glad that nobody on the West coast had to get up early.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy cow 11 pages full of talk about jews!!!!! i read page 1 and got to the bottom and said 11 fucking pages? holy shit!!!!

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Southern Baptists: giving the rest of the Protestants a bad name.

19. doug4563

doug4563 Active Member

I agree with Joe Willie, this thread is a complete embarrassment to this board and the amount of mutual disrespect and ignorance is enough to make me sick.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

When in doubt, accuse the person who disagrees with you of bigotry. It's an automatic win.
    I think he accomplished that a few months ago when he was begging for Favre to come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.