Jewish fans jolt Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

haha

I think it's hilarious you're accusing me of being a bigot. What's more amusing is you refuse to explain why, you just throw the accusation out there.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What do you think the league should have done?

Should the league have made the Jets play on the road for the first three weeks?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It also lets us see who the retards are.

4. Merkava

Merkava New Member

I think they should have done one and one. Such as giants play home yom kippor and jets play rosh hashana.

OR

They could have just started the Yom Kippor game earlier so people could get home. There was no reason for a 4:00 game.

OR

Had the Jets and Giants have their Monday/thursday night games instead of having them on sunday.

The fact of the matter is, the NFL/Jets screwed up, and now people want their voices heard over it. Nothing wrong with that.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

How bout moving the game to Sat. and play in Israel outside the wailing wall. We could tailgate and cook ribs and pork shoulders. "Next Year in the Meadowlands"

#205 sec314, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Wait, there are more non-Jews than Jews? Stunning! I had no idea. :rolleyes:

Your post had nothing to do with what I posted, unless you think that moving the games to 1 PM would prevent all Irish people from attending.

Your post is also factually incorrect. It's not 10 times or close to it, unless "Irish descent" counts people who are 1/8 Irish.

#206 Yisman, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I really don't see why they are making a big deal about this. NFL football games are played on Sunday, sometimes at 1pm and sometimes at 4pm. No one complains when the games are on Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's just a game, and if your religion is more important than football, then don't watch the game or DVR it. What's next? Are they going to stop having games on Sunday because Sunday is the day of worship in many religions?

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets are playing at 4:15 in Week 3 because the Giants are playing at 1:00 that day. I suppose the league could switch the times of each of those games. But then, wouldn't the Jewish Buccaneers fans have something to bitch about?

Also, the league wouldn't allow for the Jets or Giants to play Monday games this year due to the parking issue. The Giants did get two Sunday night games, though. I don't quite follow the logic on that issue.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The Jewish community in Tampa Bay is insignificant compared to the Jewish community in the tristate area, and that's why I think the NFL would normally work around it for the Jets and Giants, not for the other teams.

The NFL and the Jets screwed up here, if the Jets did not make a request.

The point is not to schedule around every person's schedule or even 100 people's schedule. There are thousands of Jets fans with tickets who would not be able to attend the two games if they're at 4:15 PM. That's significant enough to warrant consideration when making the schedule.

10. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

as a Jew...this is awkward

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Lets the Jets wander in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights for such decisions..... oy Vey

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaha..... you are too much my friend...

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

15. tubby

tubby Active Member

religion itself is retarded. the fact that jews are complaining about this is laughable

16. Heavy Metal Thunder

Here's my 2 cents...

1) Fuck religious intolerance of any kind, against Jews, Christians, or any other religion.

2) Fuck the Giants. Their fans should go fuck themselves in their own mouth.

Any questions?

17. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

I came on here this morning, i saw this thread, thought it would be at the bottom page by the end of the day, 215 replies?? are you kidding me. Religion is religion, sport is sport, if your religion is so important, fine! go to wherever you go, do whatever you do, and miss the game. If the NFL scheduled around everyone's priorities we wouldn't see any games.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. If there is a gripe made by the jews,and anyone disagrees they are bigots? Just want to make sure i am following.

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

20. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Really if this issue is about religion and faith vice scheduling quirks of the NFL, then it is really no-brainer answer for those of the Jewish faith who are affected by the scheduling problem:

Do what your religious beliefs and conscience require.

It has been done before by others in the sporting world who decided to put their faith ahead of sports and personal gain, despite having a greater vested interest than we as sporting fans do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Koufax

This is the perfect example of an individual/athelete sacrificing for their beliefs, that all religious and non-religious sports fans can respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.