Jewish fans jolt Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

exactly. :up:

2. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Christmas is holy and tends to be a kind of celebration. This is not the case with Rosh Hashanah and entirely not the case with Yom Kippur.

If you guys want to really know, you can google them. There is simply no way a jew could attend the 4pm game or even watch the game really. It isn't like turning on a light switch. One has to mentally and physically prepare themselves for the Highest Holiest Day in Judaism. Changing the time to 1pm would ease the situation.

But I agree that jews should not "complain" about it and you know what--they probably didn't. I know I didn't. Its an honor to be able to fulfill the commandments and if there is some cost, big deal. In the big scheme of things, missing a Jet game is not that big a deal.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Football IS religion.

4. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Amen brother. First off, as you said, you can't compare Christmas to the High Holy Days of Judaism. Also, I guarantee you it's not the fans complaining. My guess would be that some of the premier season ticket holders, including David Findel who spent $400,000 on a psl for the best seats in the house, are Jewish, and this is very bad for business for the Jets.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I know little about this, but my understanding is that it is a rare event that both Jewish high holy days would take place in conflict with the NFL schedule, since they can fall on any day of the week, not just Sundays.

Just a little piece of the story, I guess, that and that I doubt it's many Jews who are complaining.

6. Salz

Salz New Member

If they can change the time from 4 to 1 they should. They won't be able to change the day. I for one think 4 PM games on the East Coast are ridiculous to begin with, especially in the winter. The NFL is a great league, but they ought to really be ashamed of themselves by never putting fans first with scheduling games. Flexible schedules? Come on.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If a few "premier season ticket holders" being upset can have such an effect on an 80,000+ person stadium then it's a flawed business model from its inception.

Religion is a completely individual undertaking. You can't compare one religion's high holy days and observances to another. Anyone who does that is completely biased regardless of what their opinion is. It is solely up to the individual to determine how they want to observe their most religious days.

To say that one religion's holiest days are more important or more involved than another's is purely bias and nothing more.

The fact that this can impact a sports team in America is just disheartening IMO.

8. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Whats the prob with a 4pm game on the east coast? If anything more should be at this time so that everyone on the west coast can watch them. Having them at 10 am PST can be rough for them.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If everyone would just convert to the greatest religion of all, which is football of course, this wouldn't be a problem.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it took 29 posts....but finally somebody saw the light.

11. King Chadwick I

King Chadwick I New Member

I'm offended as a comedian.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'd have thought a guy named Howard Katz might be a little more sensitive to this dilemma.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I thought this was going to be about the PSLs.

14. Salz

Salz New Member

In the winter time it's much more chilly. At least from 1 to 4 you have a chance to feel some sun.

15. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The issue is the Giants get two away games during the holidays and the Jets are home. I'm assuming a large percentage of the jewish ticket holders will not be able to go to these games. If only the Giants made this request then it's a royal F up on the Jets part. One team should be home one week and the next week the other team. The home game should be played at 1 pm. It's only fair that both teams fans bases should have to deal with this. If it weren't for the psl's I would have my season tickets this year. If I couldn't go to a 1/4 of the home games because of the holidays I would be extremely pissed off.

16. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Not Really, The sports bars open early here. I get my drink on right after b-Fast, It is kinda nice actually.

17. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, everyone posting and blasting the jews simply don't understand what these holiday's means and obviously arent jewish.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You are Italian? Me too :) where from?

19. Denny

Denny Active Member

You'd be pissing into the wind. As you know the Pastafari do not celebrate on a specific date so much as it is the Holiday season, itself. Which is around the Christmas season. There are no specific requirements for the holiday. I think your zeal got the better of you.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Jews know these holidays happen during football season. The Jets don't need to cater to them. Either don't buy season tickets or STFU, it's really that simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.