17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's correct. That is ALL they are allowed to sell at the moment (Phase I). None of the other PSLs are for sale yet, nor are they making any Upper assignments. So, the choice right now is real simple:

A) Yes, I'll buy the most expensive seats in the house right now and allow you to put my nuts in a vice forever, or

B) No, I'll pass on those PSLs but I'll consider either the less expensive PSLs or a seat in the Uppers later, in May. Please contact me after you've gone thru the complete account list as well as the Waitlist people.

Those are the only two choices at the moment.

2. Section 227. Row 5

It may not be so funny to Woody. I expect Woody to make another HUGE splash in F/A again because of the PSLs. He's already started his spending spree this morning with Bart Scott.

This is all designed to give the guys on the fence something to justify shelling out the big bucks for his PSLs. Ironically, this is great news for all the Jets fans, because it gets us more quality talent.

But I'm not sure it'll help sell any more PSLs, because the economy is really in the tank. Every time the Spendiculous Package is mentioned in a press conference, the stock market drops even more. The market has lost 24% since Obama took office and started talking down the economy in order to sell the package.

This can't be helping the "PSL reps" working the phones. Not at all.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Has anyone been contacted for a 2nd time?

It's been a couple of months now since we last visited this thread.

1) I was wondering if anyone out there has been called back yet after the initial go-around. I know they were talking May for Phase II, so it's still early, but they've got to be having a lot of difficulty selling these things.

2) Also would be interested in knowing about any Waitlist people who've been contacted, especially those in the higher numbers, and what that conversation consisted of.

4. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I should be near the top of the waitlist ("deferred" after being offered tix last year since I'd already bought them from a friend).

I haven't been contacted yet.

Have any other waitlist members been contacted?

5. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

I have had tickets for just 3 years from the wait list. 2 weeks ago was the mail notice, followed by the phone call last week offering the PSL seats. They should soon be starting the second phase. I have little hope for keeping my tickets with such little seniority.

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I deferred last year just like you did and I haven't been contacted either.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Well, this gives us a pretty good idea of where they are. I suspect they are just about finished (or are finished) with everyone who currently has tickets (however they got them and however long they've had them) and are now probably starting to work their way down the Waitlist people.

I wonder how many people (accounts) are on the Waitlist nowadays? That could easily take another month or so, but the economy being what it is, you'd think Woody would be getting pretty antsy by now.

8. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would think they would want to hold out on everything as long as possible with hopes that the economy will turn around in the near future.

i really dont see it happening this year no matter what bullshit they pull in washington so this should end up being fun.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

PSL counts??

Is there a list anywhere of PSL buyers and their seats??

My Father and I have 25 years on the books and believe or not I love the lower endzone. That's were I grew up and want to continue viewing the games.

You don't think those will be gone do you??

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what is your seniority date?

12. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Considering the 'believe it or not' part, and the fact that those are PSL sections, I would say theres probably a good chance youll have the opportunuity. Cross your fingers...

13. MadBacker Prime

I believe 86.

My Dad refused to pay the PSL so he transferred them to me, much earlier then expected.

My REP sucks so far!!

14. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

My hunch is you'll be able to get those seats. They're in the $5k/PSL range, right? I know Giants waitlist members have been able to buy $5k PSLs (I know two sets of folks who have so far). I know the plans aren't exactly the same, but if the Giants had to reach into their waitlist to sell their $5k seats, I'm pretty sure the Jets will, too. Regardless of what the sales people say.

15. MadBacker Prime

They tell me with my seniority and location it looks good, but I just want to buy them already.

Were in 140 now and have the isle, that gets freaking annoying though, getting and down for everyone. I would love a front row seat.

Were going to have the "Jet Jump" in our new home!!

16. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

If you are willing to buy a PSL in the new stadium, I'm fairly certain you can have your choice of seats. They cannot be going well. My rep, FITZ-the fastest talking man on earth, just called me back yesterday to ask if I'd be interested in Club Seats. They are "a great investment, and only $400 per game. look at how much Yankee tickets are, these are a bargain." I said thanks, but no thanks as politely as I could, and wished him luck.

I found this link the other day...You think Woody is off his rocker, look at what Jerry Jones is asking for. Click on the "Founders Pricing", "Club Level Pricing", and "Loge Pricing" just to get an idea of what he's asking for in Dallas.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets/newstadiumPricingMaps.cfm

17. MadBacker Prime

I have very fond memories of growing up down there!!

I'm very willing to pay the PSL price so I can enjoy that with my own son.

I just have to get married and have children first, but that is besides the point.

Jerry Jones is on crack.

18. alleycat9

if you get married in 10 years we will be in a new stadium before your son ever gets there.

hey if you decide to waste that much money on football i wish you luck. i personally cant see how anyone can waste so much money on a football game.

19. MadBacker Prime

I get it, but I'm at a point right now where I have some disposable income and don't mind the issue.

Down the road I feel like if I need to sell them I can get more in return.

Has anyone purchased PSL's yet? Are they still in the club phase?

20. alleycat9

thats the scary part, the way i am looking at it they will not go up in value, especially now that people are having to deal with the current issues. it has made most people realize that these things like football are not worth the price.

good luck, i wish i had that kind of disposable income.

although i can think of a number of better ways to dispose of it than the jets at this point. :)