Is this the 'man' Jets fans coveted so much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BomberJet, Apr 5, 2009.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The same can be said for every QB that's ever suited up to play. They're all unproven until given a chance. Some get their chance right away, and others are given their chance after a season or two.

I'll trust the coaches and front office personnel that see him every day over someone on a Jets' message board who doesn't.

2. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Bingo, bingo, and bingo.

Of course a lot of fans are going to be optimistic about the unproven talent that we have on the roster - especially at the QB position - it's only natural. Those who think that our team has no chance of a decent season unless we land a big name FA quarterback are just as irrational as those who have already named Ratliff a future HOF'er.

3. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

it was my understanding that denver wanted cutler out of the afc and didnt even return our phone calls. how can u be mad at tanny if they refused to deal with us or even talk to us.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree completely and totally with this post!

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ok what has he done in his life to warrant people talking about him as a franchise qb even so much as a hall of famer? what? has he done what many qbs his age had done? no he sure as hell has not. how many nfl games has he even suited up for?

was it his OUTSTANDING play at butte college? maybe the fact he played a grand total of 13 games at a non bcs division I school. maybe its the stats Completed 228 of 391 passes (58.3 percent) for 2,796 yards, 23 TDs and nine INTs.....

really though... seriously what leads you to believe that he is the savior?

i am not talking about the people who say give him a shot i am talking about those that are annointing one of these guys the savior. the BEST part is that they dont even know which guy the savior is. but its one of them!

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

And you making them out to be the second-coming of a steaming pile of shit is just as irrational as someone claiming one of them is the savior. You probably would have thought Brady was garbage if he was picked by the Jets considering he was a 6th round pick.

People who aren't even willing to give these kids a chance honestly don't even deserve a response.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I think everyone was willing to give them a chance it seems that Tannenbaum, Mangini and the owner didn't want to give them a chance.

8. Royce Parker

Not that I'm a fan of Mangini, but I think this particular decision probably had to do more with all of the money that the owner had riding on Favre than it did with Tanny or Mangini's opinions. If they had pulled Favre and put in KC or Ratliff... much less if they flopped... forget about it. Favre would have had to be unconscious for either of those guys to get PT. So it's hard to say that the fact that they both sat the bench last year necessarily reflects on their readiness to play.

9. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Forget that the Pats had an established Pro-Bowler as a starter and that Brady wasn't supposed to be on the field... very convenient.

I HIGHLY doubt the Pats go into that season with Brady and another unproven commodity as the starter. They were afforded the opportunity to have Brady come in as the back-up because of a Bledsoe...

We have NO QB of such stature anywhere near our roster...

*** EDIT ***
    Now not saying anyone would have thought he was a piece of garbage... but they would in no way shape or form gone into that season with him as the starter... NOT A CHANCE

#49 Mehl-56, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

lets just see what we got

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

My point is that every QB gets their opportunity at some point. That just happened to be Brady's time. Who is to say that Clemens or Ratliff can't be successful once they get their chance? This doom and gloom without them even taking the field is so assinine quite honestly. But that's life around here as a Jets' fan.

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Your first statement is bogus. Find me an example where a QB had success, comparable with a team that was as bad as ours in 07'.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Nobody knows what we really have at QB, and that is fine. A lot of us have hope for our "unproven" QB's. Everyone has to start somewhere, who knows what will happen?

What is so wrong with people having some hope for them? Getting a little excited about the possibilities isn't so wrong.

Why are you trying to act like people are so wrong for being hopeful, and excited?

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You think Tanny and Mangini didn't want Favre and we got him anyway?

14. Royce Parker

No, I'm not saying that, necessarily, I would just think that the ultimate decision to get Favre would have been the owners, and once we had Favre that automatically meant that Clemens and Ratliff would sit the season.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I’m very happy we didn’t pull the trigger. It’s a mistake we always make with players on our roster. Either we start and suffer through a terrible player or we underutilize until there gone and contribute on some other team. We now have a pretty good Oline, so if Clemens wins out in the QB competition, then there can be no excuses. I will always default the Baltimore type Offense that wasn’t explosive while boller was under center, but will be looking for an up tempo type of offense that Flaco had last year. Kellen or Ratliff can deliver on offense and with the emphasis on defense and new additions; we will be tough to beat; well unless we beat ourselves.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i covet the 86% of SB winning teams with a franchise QB leading those 52 other players on the roster into battle, opposed to the 14% of SB winning teams who had to find the once in a lifetime defense. I'll take the odds.

forget Cutler, just find me that field general. Find me the guy i wanna make a block for, and possibly get hurt for to keep him upright during that 2 minute drill at the end of the game. Find me the guy who by just being my QB I'm not nervous about being down by 3 or 4 with 2:13 left to go in the game. Find me the guy who has brought a team closer together in the locker room. Find me the guy who has my back on a bad day, and before the end of it, turned it around into a good one. Find me the guy who made me unafraid of said team, because he just laughed in the face of their defense before the huddle. Find me the guy who even on a bad day still thinks this game is winnable, and makes me try to make that big comeback. Find me that guy.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Well said.

18. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

In the last ten years, who has been underutilized with the Jets that then went on to flourish with another team? I can think of two players. Derrick Ward and Nick Ferguson.

James Farrior (142 tackles in last season with Jets), Randy Thomas, Kareem McKenzie, Moss (traded) and Coles weren't underutilized. Hugh Douglas (traded) and Aaron Glenn (expansion draft) weren't underutilized while on the Jets either.

19. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

No they did not get raped, one is raped against their will. The Bears wanted this deal....that is stupidity

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member