What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

OBrien threw the ball well the problem I had with OBrien was not the fact that he was a statue in the pocket, but he got that dear in the headlights look when under pressure. I never believed he could take us through a playoff guantlet.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He never could and that is still the problem the Jets have today. Nobody has ever been able to do that and there is nobody currently in sight who will be able to in the future. Then again, as great as he was, how many rings is Marino wearing?

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

to defend him and keep it in perspective - for every draft pick to work out in a draft year is slim to none. The 6th and 7th round picks have a less than 20% chance to make an NFL roster. 5th rounders are also most likely 3rd stringers and Practice Squad players.

The positive is that the 1st round picks since 06 are here and extremely talented minus our new LB who may or may not turn the corner with a new CS.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Great post. I agree, Orton could suprise this year. Not that he was total crap last year, he had a solid year. I am just curious to see, was it the Bears D carrying him, or was he hampered a bit by lack of weapons? We will see.

5. TampaBayJetsFan85

I make one point that the Bucs gave up WAY TO MUCH for Gruden and you write that bull shit? It's obvious that you go against EVERYTHING I say but then again, I wouldnt expect you to understand when a team gives up way to much.

The Bucs had to give up two first-round draft picks, two second-round draft picks, and $8m to get him. Look at the Bucs as of right now, they are desperate for young talent and that trade of two first round picks and two second round picks really hurt the future of that team and I have loved each and every 2nd of it.

The Bucs won the SB in 2002 and thats only because Tony Dungy put a GREAT defensive team together and John Gruden took advantage of that, still...He's not a great coach, he's not worth two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks along with 8 million dollars. There is a reason why he's not the Bucs head coach anymore and success wasn't one of them.

The 2002 Buccaneers became the first team to lead the league in total defense, points allowed, and interceptions since the 1985 Bears and thats because of Kiffin...Gruden had NOTHING to do with that Defense, NOTHING at all and Gruden NEVER made one call on the defensive side of the ball as a coach in Tampa...That was Kiffin's unit and Gruden got blessed with a great Defense and solid Offense and thats the only reason why they won in 2002, since then...Gruden found ways to simply destroy that team with no top draft picks and I loved it.

To make a long story short...Like I said before, just like the Bucs...The Bears made a HORRID move giving up two first round picks along with a 3rd and a winning QB in Orton for a QB in Cutler who simply has "Potential"

#225 TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

when you throw out these sentences that hold no water, I will correct them. I defended you in post 223. So you're wrong again with "Everything" you say. If it was everything, then I wouldn't have agreed with you.

the fact is that Gruden did what Dungy couldn't because of Gruden's mentality with that defense. Watch the America's Game special on the super bowl team. It'll give some insight to what Gruden did for that defense.

Not to mention Brad Johnson had a career year with a 22:6 TD:INT and a 92 QB Rating. That's pretty damn good, not very "game manager" IMO.

The long winded paragraphs don't help the fact that the trade worked for Tampa and they went from what Warren Sapp called, "A third world country into the Taj Mahal."

#226 NDmick, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

you make too much sense for some of these guys. You nailed it and I agree with you word for word. CLEMENS putplayed CUTLER at the combine a few years ago. They seem to forget that a guy like JAWS said that CLEMENS was the better QUARTERBACK. Not the most gifted but the better QB. I have not heard any of these potential GMs say that CUTLER would have done any better then CLEMENS did with that horrible OL two years ago. Who are they kidding? CUTLER needs time to set and throw. He is inaccurate as is. 37 INTS in 37 NFL games. In a weak division the guy went 8 and 8 and 9 and 7. BIG DEAL. If that was CLEMENS they'd all be screaming for his head. CUTLER is vastly talented but a cry baby on whom his teammates soured! Plus he had a pass happy HEADCOACH in denver! In NY with REX he would not be allowed to throw almost every time that he wanted to. WE ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT CUTLER! No more PRIMA DONNAS in NY! A team player like CLEMENS and RATTY will win for a team with a great defense! Cutler would shrivel up the first time the home fans booed him for stupid INTS.

8. TampaBayJetsFan85

Exactly... These guys hate the truth around here

9. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Some do, but there are also quite a lot who see it the same way as us, they might just not be as vocal. :up:

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hmm i thought this thread was like 2 years old. oh well guess i missed 11 pages.

i really dont think that rhodes or harris are "elite" at this point and probably will never be. other than that i agree with the op.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Oh boy.

Clemens did not outplay Cutler at the combine. Most of Cutler's "hype" came from the combine and the Senior Bowl. As a big Pac 10 fan, I was a big Clemens fan. It's a big reason why I'm pushing for him to start now and continue to have some faith in him. Oh, and Jaws is ONE commentator. If you haven't noticed, there are thousands these days.

As I stated before, only one QB in NFL history has had a winning record on a team that gave up 400+ points. That was Kurt Warner, who took the Rams to 10 - 6 one season after they obliterated the NFL en route to the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning couldn't do it his 4th season. He went 6 - 10 with his 400+ point defense. Saying that Cutler sucks because he couldn't win more games in 2007 and 2008 is moronic.

Please show me where his teammates soured on him. I'd be happy to agree with you if you can provide me with proof.

His INT % was 3.0% in his first 3 seasons. Peyton's is 2.8%. In other words, in every 500 pass attempts, Cutler throws one extra interception. In Manning's first 3 seasons, his INT % was running at 3.5%. So, there goes that one.

To argue that we're better off without Cutler is silly. To argue that he's a poor QB is silly. To argue that we would have had to pay too much to get him, and in the end it wasn't worth it? Maybe you should have tried that. You'd have been right.

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

Can you please take my name out of your sig already? It's pointless and everyone already knows I love Harvins ability.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Sorry, I need something better to come along. I already removed Priscilla from my avatar. Worst case scenario, the draft is only 3 weeks away.

14. Phear

Phear New Member

Haha, his counter argument is "take my name out of your Si"g. Good luck with a rebuttle for that one.

15. ........

........ Trolls

I think I found a solution.

16. TampaBayJetsFan85

lol, atleast your a man of your word.

Honestly...You can change it back to TBJF85, I dont mind...Really doesnt bother me, its just funny

17. ........

........ Trolls

That was before our deal in the other thread. I'm looking for some good 1290 tard talk to replace your quotes.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That shit MBGreen has in his sig is pretty hilarious rofl