Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

clemens can be ok though, he did decent on a horrible football team in 2007

2. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Also we are gonna play smashmouth football with 30 year old Thomas Jones and Leon Washington? LOL

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Clemens didn't even look like he belonged in the NFL in 2007.

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Completely. Not only did Denver get a solid QB in Orton who was breaking out until he got hurt they got 2 1st round picks. Denver can easily turn there D around rather quickly by the 2010-2011 season with all those draft picks.

5. ........

........ Trolls

No way would they have taken that deal from us. We don't have a proven starter AND we're in the AFC.

Also, I highly doubt we take a QB in the 1st this season. Sanchez might make it interesting, but he won't be around. I'm fairly convinced we're trying to get someone to jump up ahead of us and take Freeman with the attention we've given. Open up a better player or two for us.

6. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Orton is gonna break out? How long does it take for a player to breakout? Gimme a break and do some homework. So Denver is better with a Sanchez than Cutler? Who knows if those other draft picks will amount to anything.

7. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

5tds, and 10 ints and a win over the steelers, the jets were garbarge in 2007 u cant judge him off that 3-5 was not bad at all for that disgrace of a team

8. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

If we get Freeman our Front Office is in worse shape than any of us thought. We better have kept this pick to get a Sanchez or Maclin. Enough said. Im not going to get into why I dont like Freeman but trust me he isnt the answer at QB.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm praying for this to happen.....given the circumstances...i'd rather see what we have in Clemens/Ratliff this year....and draft one of the QBs in the 2010 draft.

If we draft Josh Freeman this year.........it would be the clusterfuck of the offseason.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

wow.

(I know it adds nothing but it seems posts like this is how you get to be "totally addicted")

11. ........

........ Trolls

Denver has invested in its backfield this offseason so that they don't have to throw the ball 600 times. Orton's really not THAT much of a difference from Matt Cassel. He's 21 - 12 as a starter and not nearly as bad as some people on here seem to think. Have you ever watched him play? He was starting to put it together last season with Devin Hester and Brandon Lloyd as his receivers before getting injured. Think about that for a second.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

what concerns me is that on Path to the Draft on NFLN - Mayock and Davis both continue to say that the Jets LOVE Freeman at 17. That better be a smokescreen because he's way too much of a boom/bust candidate and those are the type of QBs I stay away from when it comes to giving them 1st round money. Not to mention his piss poor footwork.

13. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

So he's gonna bring Denver to a championship? He is gonna be a one-year starter unless they get a Sanchez and throw him to the wolves. Orton is mediocre at best. Chicago gave up nothing but a quality backup in Orton.

14. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

This is a quote from Freeman himself...
    "I have deceptive quickness and speed. Defenders underestimate what I can do on the run. I react well under pressure and I'd say I'm a good motivator for my other teammates to get fired up at practices or in games.
    "Throwing the ball is one of my best talents at the QB position," he says. "I throw the deep ball the best, and my underneath passes, like slants and quick outs, is something I also do well."

So the Jets want a running QB who can only throw the ball deep. He can kinda throw underneath passes. LOL Isnt this Vick all over again who was a joke at the end of his career? Tell me this is a joke.

15. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

LaMont Jordan, JJ Arrington and Correll Buckhalter is a pretty small investment.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Fire Tannenbaum!

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Yep....I noticed Mayock going on about that on Path to the Draft as well.....it's like "claws on a chalkboard".

18. ........

........ Trolls

For Denver? That's huge.

19. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Please move this to the NFL section. Its not JETS news.............:up:

20. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

It's not Jets news that our Front Office has shown the fans that they are totally imcompentent with Cutler's move to Chicago while they were sitting on their asses?