Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Well at least now i still have a chance at my Utah Utes autographed mini helmet being worth something:up:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Exactly. Right away Tannenbaum is trash and the Jets are the same old inept idiots because we didn't pay through the freaking nose and mortgage our souls for this guy. Some deals just can't be made.

For Christ's sake fellas, you can't have everything in life. Knowing Tannenbaum, he did everything REASONABLE to make this deal. After that... let's move TF on.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This makes sense. Basically the Browns were the only other team that had the package to offer that the Bears did, and if the difference was Orton or Anderson, then it's a toss-up, with the trading out of the conference chip being the final chip.

4. ........

........ Trolls

Agreed. I'd also guess that the reports that a QB wasn't required were formulated to keep teams like the Jets in the bidding, just in case. I'd suspect they wanted a QB back all along.

5. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

We absolutely have to draft a QB now.

I become less confident in our QB's with each passing day.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

THE ONLY REASONABLE RESULT IS THE JETS GETTING CUTLER!!!

:smile:

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

then I guess the Bucs and Vikings are in the same boat with us... total fucking failures.

if tanny has the track record of being this aggressive, then maybe the aggressive offer he made wasn't liked by the Broncos but Jets fans would have approved (like we matter, haha).

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well considering the FO and CS have zero confidence in the QBs there is absolutely no reason for the fans to have any. Only problem is now there is another team standing in our way to one of the tops QBs in this draft.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah I think they wanted a QB too... Bowlen and xanders couldn't look good without one and it balances out the trade.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You sir, are obviously a Herman Edwards Era survivor! :wink:

#230 Cman68, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah, it just went from 10 to 12 and 18... fuck. If the prospect gets past 12, then there is a shot, but the broncos can race to trade up from 18 if they don't take Sanchez or Stafford with 12... this will be a fun draft day.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thank goodness, now time to move on.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone feel like they wasted too much of their time in Cutler threads the last month? Me too.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The Whiney douche lands with the bears.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Man...the Bears gave up a tonne......I wanted Cutler....but i'm glad we didn't give up the farm like that lunatic, Angelo.

16. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

The thing that will piss me off is if they draft a QB in the 1st rd now

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

haha yes sir! From Walton on up!!

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why wouldn't they? It's not like they just traded for the QB of the future in Orton. I'd rather they did. Next year's draft prospects are supposed to be much better at QB.

19. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

According to reports only the Redskins and Browns were in it until the end. Where were the Jets? Does the front office not realize that WE NEED A QUARTERBACK? Never does a top-five quarterback entering his prime become available, and thats what we just missed in getting Cutler. Say what you want about his attitude but the kid has all the tools and wants to win. This is a huge mistake by the Jets. Having a franchise quarterback is the key to winning in the NFL but unfortunately the Jets dont feel the same way. The are only interested in bringing in a Favre for one season who gave them exposure and gave them some money.

For those of you who think the Bears gave up a lot seriously need some help. The Jets number one need is QB going into the draft. Right behind that is obviously WR. So we wouldve gotten a PROVEN QB in Cutler and still couldve chosen a WR in the 2nd Round. Next years number wouldnt matter if we had a great record this season. Are you telling me if got Cutler and gave up this years #17 and lets say a pick in the 20's next season it wouldnt have been worth it? I am totally disgusted with this organization. Just when it looks like we are going in the right direction something like this happens. Typical Jets.

20. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I'm glad we didn't make that deal. On top of 4 starters(which those picks plus Orton is) the now have to sign this douche to a new deal. No Thanks.