Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no adding an extra 5th isn't the farm, and may have to be a 4th to do the trick, but look at this from the Denver side - do you really take Clemens when the Jets aren't even sold on him?... you are not looking at this from their side. They are dopes to take Clemens if the Jets themselves have never even hinted at this kid taking this team over. You don't take that risk when the team trading him won't even do it... its foolish.

That's why Orton wins, he's had winning records in both seasons and Lovie Smith has endorsed him as the unquestioned starter last season. He went 9-7 with a bad team.

2. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Yea.. he isn't a average back-up QB... I think he is slightly above average backup QB.

3. ........

........ Trolls

There was some dispute about the deal due to an ESPN report. I was noting that ESPN swapped its report so there was no more confusion. As far as the other three, they were likely posted at the same time.

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

It's semantics, and I know it's over... it's just another case of the Jets missing out. We could have and should have MADE the deal work. For some reason we did not. It will come back to haunt us... sooner rather than later.

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

ESPN originally has the 3rd going to the Bears.. now they've changed it. He didn't 'repeat posts'.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Steal for the Bears, I can't wait to see McDaniels run out of town within two years.

The only reason I am happy about this is because I love draft day and I am used to rooting for a loser organization. But seriously if I hear one more person say they are excited about the trash we currently have at QB I am going to freak out. The QBs we have suck, it is very clear that no one in the FO or CS has any confidence that they can turn out to be anything more then the crap we have had at the QB position for the last 40 years, save from 2 seasons.

Now we just have another team standing in our way of either Stafford or Sanchez making it to 17. Orton is trash too and will be nothing more then a stop gap until McDaniels hand picked QB is ready to play.

7. JetsFanInVB

JetsFanInVB New Member

Why argue? They will settle it in camp.

8. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

From reports the final three in the hunt were the Bears, Skins, and Browns.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Everything isn't about the Jets. Denver likely preferred to trade Culter out of the AFC, remember they didn't want to trade him at all. They also needed a QB back and we don't have one to trade. We got Favre last year largely because we were in the AFC, that's the way it goes. Tannenbaum has generally stepped up and been aggressive when a good deal was there to make. Maybe this time it wasn't, we don't know. I'd guess it wasn't.

10. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Can you think of anything else to argue about?

11. Mehl-56

The lesser of 2 evils... WHOOPIIEEE!~!~!~!~!

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

orlando pace is now a Bear - heard it on NFLN

13. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Bears just signed Orlando Pace too.

***Posted right after.....sorry***

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess they can aford it, they just traded away 2 first round draft prospects worth of salary.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Yep. All teams with starters to give. I can't help but wonder what the Browns were prepared to give.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Angry Teste is going to kill you.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I guess I'm on the Ratliff bandwagon now, since we already know KC is a waste of roster space. Piss poor day that I have to hope an undrafted 3rd stringer ends up as the starter.

But hey, we added Bart Scott. Superbowl here we come.

18. Mehl-56

I know it's not all about the Jets... in this situation the Jets needed to make it about the Jets. If your going to be that aggressive about Farve, you needed to be that aggressive, if not more because Culters impact would have been more than one dismally failed year.

You guys want to write this off as some sort of small victory, please feel free to go ahead and do so. For me, this is just another epic failure in what has been an epic failure of an organization at so many levels for such a long time. Its frutrating, and no I'm not going to bail on my team, I've just had it up to here with the approach this organization has. It so god damned erratic.

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The Broncos were determined to trade him to the NFC. Well that's that, moving forward with our guys...

20. ........

........ Trolls

It's not a small victory, nor is it an epic failure. It's frustrating, like you say, but there really was nothing we could do. It fucking sucks, but that's what it is. The more I looked at it, the less likely I thought we were to get him given the price we'd be forced to pay.