What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

QB, LT, WR, CB, S... those are the top 5 most difficult positions to evaluate.

There are more top end LTs than QBs in the NFL

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

gee wiz, a whole two years in the league is all you want cutler to be judged on.

in those two years, he has shown the talent to bring an offense to an elite level. but all the lose's are to be laid on his shoulders. i guess the bronco's should have played him two ways just to satisfy some of the less knowledgeable...

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

This aint Madden...You dont just trade away cornerstone players and hope to replace one the following year.

David Harris was ranked as the best 3-4 IMLB in the country when the Jets drafted the man and thats the reason why we traded up in the draft. Yeah, Harris was injured last year but you know what? This is football and injurys happen, it's a huge part of the game.

I'm not sure if you watch any Jets football because Harris proved his rookie season (When Vilma got hurt) That he's a BEAST of a MLB when healthy and I'm sorry...You dont just trade away a player like David Harris and expect to replace him just because you have Rex Ryan as your head coach.

When healthy...Harris is an elite talent as a 3-4 MLB and he's already becoming the leader of this Defense and I can bet my bottom dollar that Rex Ryan has plans to build a defense around this man.

4. EAF29

EAF29 Member

Gotta just 100% agree with TBJF, if we make a trade for Cutler we should offer picks and people on the offensive side, our Defense is clearly going to be the strong part of our team and it would be a terrible decision to starg trading off pieces of the Defense. And adding Revis in the deal for Cutler would be ridiculous.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hell...we should try out Harris at QB....this guy sounds good. :rolleyes:

6. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not sure you watch any football, because I again have to remind you that there are no MLBs in a 3-4. Or IMLBs, whatever that is.

Ryan has plans to build his defense around Bart Scott, not around David Harris. I agree it would be a shame to lose him, but out of the three, he'd be the easiest to trade. If we kept our second, we could at least find a decent replacement for him. Of course, that also leaves us without a WR until the 3rd, but there are still some UFAs to look at.

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

lol, have to clean my key board, spilled my coffee laughing...good one

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you proved my point, stupid. the jets drafted Harris and Mangold to replace Vilma and Mawae in back to back years.

Maybe Tanny plays a lot of madden in that case.

And Harris is not elite, stop throwing that word around like its for everyone - he's good to very good.

Ray Lewis is elite - he's not ray lewis. And Bart Scott is the ILB the defense is built around, Ryan said that himself. You suck.

9. TampaBayJetsFan85

Good, I'm glad you atleast admit that he's top 10 and honestly... And if Rhodes is a top 10 safety after being miss used by Mangini and company I can bet my bottom dollar that he will turn into a top 5 (Elite Safety) under Rex Ryan.

Put it this way...If we had Ed Reed for all of these years (On Defensive teams that sturggle to apply pressure) he wouldnt be what he is today for the Ravens and if the tables were reversed and Kerry Rhodes played for the Ravens for the past couple of seasons...He WOULD be considered a top 5 safety and in my eyes...It's a plus that Rhodes is a standout player @ the safety position after playing for a defense that leaves him stranded on an island more often than not because the lack of the pass rush.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

let's not trade the defense away even though our HC is a genius. But he can't draft new defensive players because we can't find them we are the jets i'm scared of taking a leap of faith BOOOOHOOOOOO
    sounds about right this time of year.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i predicted that during the season.

Rhodes will have a better season than his 07 season under ryan, but to touch Reed or Polamalu's status is a stretch. Those guys are really special.

12. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry. You won't allow anyone to play "what if" and argue that Cutler's an easy playoff QB on a team that plays defense, but you can toss Kerry Rhodes on the Ravens in order to evaluate his talent? Maybe it's just blurry in here, but I'm seeing a double standard.

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

*cough*vilmaandharriswerebothherein2007*cough*

14. TampaBayJetsFan85

Woowww...You really resprt to name calling with little kid words like "Stupid" when someone doesn't agree with you? How old are you anyway? 16?

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

in two years time, you make harris an elite mb, with one good year and one lousy.
    yet for cutler, the same two years, it's all his fault the bronco's didn't make the playoff's. also throw in his losing record, but ignore the jets losing record when it comes to harris. go figure. kool aid anyone????

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, what we need is a pass rush that prevents us from having to put a player like Darrelle Revis on an island for 5 seconds every play. Great cornerbacks do not win Super Bowls. They never have and they never will because they effect the edge of the game not it's heart. Great WR's have never won a Super Bowl and never will for the same reason.

That said, I don't think Cutler is a good enough QB to trade Revis for at this point. If the Jets did this the trade would effectively become a 1st and 2nd from 2007 plus whatever else they gave up this year and next for Cutler. That's too much value to package for one QB who has had one great season in a losing effort.

Get a grip here. Harris spent half of last season on the bench with injuries after having injury concerns at Michigan and in high school. I like him too but we already know he's not going to last a long time in the NFL. The only question is when he gets hurt again.

Kerry Rhodes is not a great player. He's a very good one that shines when the system is designed to exploit his talents and lacks luster when it is not. Mentioning him in the same breath as Reed and Polamalu is just silly because he's not the caliber player and likely never will be. Sanders is way over-rated and not big enough to survive at the NFL level for long.

If the Jets could get Cutler for Harris and Rhodes without giving up draft picks they should grab it and run. And again I'm not a fan of Cutler's but he is much more valuable than a couple of good players, one of whom has real injury concerns.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i know.. Vilma got hurt and Harris stepped right in... I'm counting that.

I should have been more specific.

18. TampaBayJetsFan85

It's Cutlers job to lead his team to the playoffs, he's the QB and the LEADER of the team and it's HIS JOB to lead his team to the playoffs. Manning and the Colts had a HORRID Defense for a while (Other than Freeney and Sanders) but yet...Manning would lead that team to the playoffs year after year.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its not about disagreeing, its about how intelligent the presented argument is and do the facts support the argument.. 95% of your posts have neither.

#159 NDmick, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they didn't have a horrid defense, they had a bad running game, but they could defend the pass and create turnovers on defense with Freeney and Sanders.

The one month they did stop the run they won it all.

Denver's defense has Bailey and no one else. That's a horrid defense.