What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

sounds about right, but off the top of my head we seem like the only team with a "qb situation" that has anything of real good value to give the broncos, I mean they could get the first from detroit but I dont think detroit wants to give it up, oakland has nothing really to offer but a high pick and maybe their CB but he's locked in, really cant think of anyone else, washington? carolina? chicago?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think that's true. That same article said they probably wouldn't want the overall #1 even if Detroit offered it. That's probably going to be a 60 + million gamble. Then it comes to players as everybody's picks are about the same. That seems like it would favor the Jets.

3. JetsYankeesThrylos

The thing I never got was, if McDaniels wanted Cassel so bad, why didn't he trade Cutler for Cassel off the bat with the Patriots.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is a good point, plus Linebackers are a lot easier to find then skill position players like Safety or CB or perhaps a franchise QB.

Harris is replaceable, but in the imaginations of Jets fans he's a top 4 LB in the NFL.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I didn't read the OP, can someone tell me if actual facts were used or was it a lot of hoping and wishing hugs and the such.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not to mention that we already got Scott. Getting somebody to line up next to him is that much easier now.

7. JetsYankeesThrylos

basically tbjf85 is stating that we shouldnt give up rhodes revis or harris for cutler, i get what he's saying, though harris is expendable, im not a real cutler guy in fact i hate him, so i wouldnt like to lose harris for him, i think some folks like to take things out of context. sorry for the lack of grammer im tired as hell, goodnight:up:

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Kerry Rhodes IS NOT an elite safety. He's an average safety who had an above-average rookie year, and later slumped.

You're insulting guys like Sanders, Reed or even Dawkins by putting Rhodes' name in the same category. Sanders and Reed are premier safeties, while Rhodes is wondering what it will be like to get to that point someday.

Rhodes is overhyped and his play has been underwhelming as of late. Give me the Kerry Rhodes of yesteryear and I'll say that you can't trade the guy. Last year's Kerry Rhodes is certainly not untouchable- very few players on this squad are with the exception of Revis, Leon and Mangold.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

there was so much "sunshine" in the OP that if you didn't cake yourself in sunscreen, you would risk 2nd degree burns.

10. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I agree completley its kind of sad that people want to consider these transactions

11. Sinq15

Sinq15 New Member

I would think Scott and Jenkins are included as well.

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Forgot about Scott, I'd be inclined to include Jenkins based on first half performance last year.

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

ok, i guess you know it all and we jets fans should bow to your superior knowledge.
    i'll come back to remind you of this post when cutler brings the team he ends up being traded to, to the playoffs and takes said teams offense to a different level than they ever were, before his presence.
    he took the bronco's offense to an elite level, and if you can't see that, then you obviously can't recognize talent when you see it.
    cutler does not play defense, but what he does do, is lead an offense to being one of the best in the league.

gotta ask: what do you think has been the most important missing cog on this jets team in the past decade's?
    franchise qb's don't grow on trees! i would think that jets fans most of all would know this to be true. unless you want to consider noodle a franchise qb. in which case, i would know for sure what is wrong with you...

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

massive fail.

Why do you think Rex brought Scott in? Get this through your head: Harris is NOT expendable.

15. TampaBayJetsFan85

Are you kidding me? Rhodes is a top 10 safety and thats elite in todays NFL. It's not Kerry's fault that Mangini used him wrong and it's not Kerry's fault that Mangini would line him up 20 yards deep in the secondary every other play. Kerry Rhodes is an elite player with ball hawking ability and I have a feeling that Rex Ryan will put this kid in position to make plays here in 09.

You say..."Give me the Kerry Rhodes of yesteryear and I'll say that you cant trade the man" lol, you act like Kerry Rhodes is 35 years old, this guy is still in his prime and if anything, he's gotten better with more playing time and experience since his breakout year and like I stated before...It's not Kerry's fault that the coaching staff hasnt allowed him to be the aggressive player that we all know he should be

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

because of his rookie year? and his injury plagued sophomore season?

Out of the three players speculated by TGG, Harris is the most expendable.

And if Rex Ryan is the genius we've made him already - can't he find a player who can fill Harris' shoes. The Jets found a Center to fill Mawae's shoes the minute he left.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Harris is VERY MUCH expendable......great player, but certainly replaceable.....especially in favor of bringing in a potential franchise QB.

18. TampaBayJetsFan85

Thats not true. Just about every football expert would rank the LT position as the hardest position to actually draft a franchise LT. It's rare to find an elite LT and when teams run a 3-4 Defense (Like the JEts) an elite NT is also harder to find than a franchise QB.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No, elite is a top 5 safety. Top 10 is very good to great. In today's NFL, elite means the same thing in the old NFL.
    Rhodes is a top 10 safety.

It was the coaching that made Rhodes regress. Rhodes has a lot of talent, he is the Adrian Wilson of the AFC. He is not in the same breath as Reed or Polamalu, even though that was the sentiment in 2007 on this board.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you on fucking crack???!!! we've been searching for a franchise QB since Joe Willie Namath was taking the snaps.