NJ Star Ledger: New York Jets monitoring Jay Cutler situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/new_york_jets_monitoring_jay_c.html

2. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

i hope people read the second half of this and dont just read the first few lines and fill this thread with comments about how we are getting culter.. not going to happen.. denver doesnt want to give him away.. so their askin price will be ridiculous.. Freeman would be a nice pick.. especially when we dont have to use a 1st pick on him..

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

"the Jets have prided themselves on building through the draft."

Are they kidding? Other than a couple of OL, 1 DB and maybe a LB what exactly have they done through the draft? Where is their stud QB, RB or WR? Where is their stud DL? Where is anything?

5. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Leon, Rhodes, Mangold, Revis, Brick, Cotch, Ellis, Harris, & Keller.

6. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

LOL.. i was thinking the same thing.. lol..

7. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

me 2 those guys are fixatures for the long haul

8. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Definately more than 2...

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would rather continue to build through the draft. I would love to bring in somone like Cutler, but it would be way to expensive. I think it would set us back a great deal.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cutler would mean PSL sales, and we know that's really all Woody is concerned with...

11. Don

Ellis was from a different generation almost. Leon is a situational down player. Keller is too new to tell. Other that that we agree on the rest. Hardly puts them in a position to say they pride themselves on building through the draft.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hutch is a usually reliable reporter for the Star-Ledger. Read the latter part of his article:

"My take is that the Jets don't have enough ammo to land Cutler unless they go through a third team. The Broncos are going to want a starting-caliber type quarterback in return for Cutler and the Jets can't deliver one. A third team could but that team would likely want Cutler for themselves.

Also, I don't think the Jets want to mortgage their future for Cutler. It would likely take at least a couple of high draft picks to land him and the Jets have prided themselves on building through the draft.

Again, I think the Jets are perfectly content to go into the season with either Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff as their starter -- and are eyeing Kansas State QB Josh Freeman, among others, in the draft."

13. Don

Yeah, I agree with that^^. They don't have the ammo and they don't have the money either for a star QB anymore.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

1st and 3rd this year, 2nd next year. If that can't get it done, probably pass, but getting a franchise QB with a big arm like Cutler would be worth the investment (if possible).

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Leon has been voted team MVP. Mangold is on the verge of being an All-Pro. Brick just keeps getting better. Cotchery is one of the best #2 WRs in the game. Harris is solid and probably will get even better. Revis is arguably the second best CB in the game. Rhodes has shown flashes of being elite. Stuckey has promise.

"Keller too early to tell"? Yeah, spin away, Don. He was one of the better Offensive TEs in the league last year, as a rookie.

If that's not building through the draft, then please tell me what is, because I'd like to know.

16. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

i know.. i didnt even want to waste my time writing out a post like that.. he's just retarded..

17. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Quick! Cutler just took a piss. Somebody make another thread on it!

18. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Once again proving why you are the winner of the 2008 least knowledgeable poster award.

Congrats, and keep up the good work.

19. Don

You people are just plain pathetic. All of you. You think 5 or 6 players out of 53 is just about the greatest thing since sex. My God, do you ever listen to yourselves? So we have drafted a few good players, so what? We don't have a single drafted player worth two cents at any skill position. Oh, wait we have Washington and Cotchery. Great, a good special teamer and a 2nd or 3rd look WR. Like I said, just listen to yourselves. The highest picks we have had in recent years were totally wasted on Robertson, Ferguson and Gholston. So let's hear how great they are. I am sure you will start with Ferguson.

#19 Don, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Man, you are nailing it. Seriously.