Jets Running Game (quick consideration about our RB)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Given that next year starters are T. Jones and L. Washington and that we will emphasize our running game what do you want the FO to do with our RB's?
    I'd like to have a Jets version of Earth, Wind & Fire where Washington is Wind and T. Jones is Fire... for Earth i'd like Michael Bush for a 4th rounder or Beanie Wells or Jennings/Greene.
    Do you think we are set with what we have or is there someone in FA/Draft/"already on the team" which you are excited about?
    I am kind of excited about what Woodhead can do but if he turns out to be good he'll be a L. Washington clone (best case scenario of course) and i like the RB to have different abilities so that you can wear out defenses in different ways.
    Have your say :)

#1 Mambo9, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would loveeeeeeeee Michael Bush on this team honestly, dudes a big back can take some hits and even help out on pass protection, eventually could take the place of Thomas Jones as well, if it took a 4th to get him I say do it

3. J-Kay

J-Kay New Member

After what Bush did against the Bucs to close out the season, the Raiders have made it clear hes not available. The Bucs tried to trade for him and offered at least a 4th and got turned down.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Are there any other good under-utilized big backs in the league which might be interesting?

5. Graytness

Graytness Member

I posted this a month or so ago, about the Jets going after Bush. I'd be a big fan of that move. I think he would be that short yardage back we've been missing for the past couple seasons. I mean, I think we all remember 2 seasons ago, when watching TJ get stuffed from the 1 time and time again actually became comical. Granted, our line sucked, but he just doesn't have that explosive short yardage burst.

As far his availability, I heard he was on the block when the free agency period began.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If Michael Bush isn't available were better off getting a back in the draft

7. Graytness

Graytness Member

I agree...unfortunately, this years crop of RBs is nothing special. The good thing is that some pretty decent guys will be around in rounds 2-3. Guys that are only the 3rd or 4th backs off the board.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In fact I got the M. Bush idea from your Thread :D

I wouldn't mind having R. Jennings around... but I'm sure there must be some unknown RB in the draft (or already in the league) who could be a good RB for those short yardage situations... take for example that Benjarvus Green-Ellis kid the Pats got last year.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

PS I think if we get Torry Holt or if we are high on Robiskie we might go after Beanie Wells in the first round... some mock drafts like Walter Football have us doing that.

10. JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector Member

I would love to get Bush. He is a beast. I don't think Al Dush would make any trades with the Jets. He hates us.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Unless the voices demand that he make a trade.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

F that.

TJ, Leon...and then Leon and Woodhead in a 2 back set, where Keller splits out wide.....

Clowney, Stuckey, Keller, Washington, Woodhead in separate lanes running down the field,

or 4 running down the field and either back on a delay...

13. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

We need at least 1 more RB on our roster. If Ryan stays true to his run-first offense, I can see more injuries this year (knock on wood). Jones is getting older, and as age increases, durability decreases. I can guarantee we are going to walk away from the draft with a goal-line/future starter RB.

14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think that TJ and Leon will still make a good combination going into next year, but they have to have some fresh talent behind them because Jones won't be around for too much longer, and even if Washington were to be the feature back as a lot of people would like to see, he would still need someone else to carry some of the load. I would like to see the Jets take a RB in the later rounds though, not with a high pick. RB seems to be one of those positions where later round picks often work out just as well if not better than a lot of the earlier ones.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Yup, that's what I'm thinking as well

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Let's not forget about Jehuu Caulcrick... 6'0" and 255.

The kid looked pretty good at TC last year but got very little time on the field in Preseason. I'm not for looking for another RB this year. RBs are not that hard to come by and I think we should work with Caulcrick and see what we've got.

He's only 25 years old and has plenty of fresh gas in the tank.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'd like to see Leon Washington as starter with Thomas Jones coming in on short yardage situations.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as they're thinking about beating a stacked front, its all good for me cause that's exactly what they're gonna be facing early on.