Rashad Jennings

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GreenMachine, Mar 12, 2009.

1. GreenMachine

The Jets brought this guy in for a work out. Anyone follow him or know of him?

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
    person
    Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty
    Jennings originally committed to play for Pitt but did not qualify. He played the 2005 season for the Panthers, rushing for 411 yards on 86 carriers (4.8 average) and one touchdown. In 2006 he transferred to Liberty University where he started nine of eleven games, recording 1,020 rushing yards on 179 carriers (5.7) with 10 TD. He also caught six passes for 56 yards. Jennings was voted to the Big South Conference First Team. He then followed his breakthrough campaign of 2006 with a similar impressive 2007 season. Although he only played in nine games gaining 1,113 yards on 191 carriers (5.8) with 15 TD. He also caught 13 passes for 276 yards and two TD, earning the Conference's Player of the Year Award.

Jennings is a big and strong back. Is deceptively fast (4.60) for his size. A true downhill runner, Jennings does not "dance" around the pile. Great leg drive. Very tough to bring down inside. A workhorse-type of back. Very productive back. Does not turn the corner. Will get caught from behind.

This would be the Matt Forte of next year's draft. A workhorse back who would carry the load on the next level. In a weak running back class, Jennings (with a good post season) could sneak into the second round.
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1581

2. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

He's been talked about to death. If he's around in the 3rd I'd look at him seriously but not earlier.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

RJ has good size and would be a nice compliment to Leon. Doesn't have good speed, but could be a good between the taclkes, goal-line back.

I wouldn't draft Jennings in Rd 3, if he's available in Rd 4, I would consider him.

4. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Hell Id take him in the second. Ive just always wanted a true power back for the Jets. Kevin Barlow, YEAH!

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Everytime I think of Barlow, I feel ill. What a terrible aquistion by the Jets....one of the worst ever.

6. greenghost

greenghost Member

Who else have the Jets brought in for a work out?? Where did you see this information?

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I don't know where the thread starter got his info.

Here's a link for good breaking news...good luck.

The Jets had an assisiant coach at BC today to see Raji & Brace.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

8. The GM

The GM New Member

Check the sig - he's been there all year.

He has better speed than 4.6 - he's a very good jack-of-all-trades, but perhaps master of none. Has great size, power and speed, can block and has very good hands out of the backfield.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree on all points, except speed, Jennings doesn't have speed as part of his game.

GM....why do you always have to pat yourself on your back? I know Mr E. get's on your case at times, but you are giving him every reason.

10. The GM

The GM New Member

Jennings is the one player I've touted and defended on these boards all year - I'm not patting myself on the back, GreenMachine asked if anyone followed him or knew of him. Maybe he thought Jennings was a random RB.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...yea, all two and a half months of 2009.

Nice find dude. It must be hard to notice him listed as a sleeper on almost every draft site.

You overrate this player A LOT -- saying he would've been a "first round lock" if he stayed at Pitt is just one example. The Pitt coaching staff was going to convert him to fullback -- they were ready for McCoy and Stephens-Howling.

He's a decent prospect, but he's not an every-down back. He won't be able to turn the corner in the pros...

#11 Mr Electric, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  12. GreenMachine

Jets | R. Jennings to work out Friday
    Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:24:02 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Liberty RB Rashad Jennings has a workout with the New York Jets scheduled for Friday, March 13.

Jets | Locklin attends workout for Brace, Raji
    Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:59:12 -0700

Howard Ulman, of the Associated Press, reports New York Jets defensive line coach Kerry Locklin attended a workout for Boston College DT B.J. Raji and DT Ron Brace Thursday, March 12.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Most likely to watch Brace...unless the Jets are trying to pull another Dewayne Robertson-esque trade up.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i saw the workout on NFL Network.

Locklin was there in a JETS Pullover, conducting some of the drills. I wonder if they were there for Brace, because Raji will be long gone by 17.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

whats scary is that at times he sounds like D Rob, but i know he's a exponentially better prospect.