WFAN radio reporting that when Torry Holt gets realeased the Jets will sign him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vilmalover51, Mar 10, 2009.

1. pg828

pg828 New Member

Oh come on...neither Ratcliff or Clemens is worth a damn...until we get a decent QB we're going nowhere

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They must be looking really hard at a WR No.1 in the draft and feel comfortable with Stuckey and Clowney

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wanna Bet??

We're going into the season with 3 unproven Qb's and a offensive mindset of being a smashmouth team with a dominant defense. Schotts might wanna rethink that 2 year extension he just signed since he'll be pretty much a cardboard cutout.
    Obviously, the FO and the CS feels that what we have quality wise is enough. I'm thinking 10-17ppg at best.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Or Rex Ryan knows nothing about offense and gave the duties do a guy who doesn't either.

5. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

How do you know this? What have we seen from Ratliff to tell us that he is not worth a damn?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I figure that you got it at least half right. I would like them to go WR in 1 or 2, but I have a feeling we're still going heavy defense.

7. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Too much effort on a spelling error.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah .

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He'll never get back the 10 seconds it took him to do that.

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Great...Pardon me for not being an optimist on 1 guy who has never thrown an NFL pass, and 1 guy who looked like crap when he had 8 starts.

11. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This thread is pure comedy. If they sign Holt, that means they draft a QB at 17? LMAO. Sure, sign a 33 year old WR and draft a QB who won't be ready to play this year.

Holt would be OK, but I would prefer to see what the kids have.

12. pg828

pg828 New Member

No doubt about it...as much as everybody is on the Anti-Favre bandwagon now, everyone will be wishing he was back after the Clemens or Ratcliff sees the field. Unless of course, Jeff Garcia winds up being our guy.

13. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Or maybe they let the rookie play and they would want a security blanket vet like Holt to help the young QB...

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Woody gave that guy his duties, not Rex.

15. Murrell2878

Or he can see an aging WR that may not be the best option for the 2009 New York Jets.

16. Murrell2878

I'm hoping for Nicks because I think he can be a playmaker on offense. the only one we have right now is Leon Washington. I think this is where Tannenbaum will show his true strength and realize that over the last decade we have invested a lot of high draft picks and a large sum of money on the defense. Whether it's Gholston, Revis, Harris, Vilma, Robertson, Thomas or free agent signings of Pace, Scott, Leonhard or trades for Jenkins or Sheppard. There has been so much invested in the D. Now it's time to refocus on the O. At least I am hoping

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I love how many posts there have been about Holt signing after 2 people posted that the Jets have no intrest. You know guys part of the purpose of the message board is read what is posted not just voice your opinions. He's not coming here so lets move on.

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Man I would go fucking crazy. I've always been a big Holt fan and I still think he has 3-4 years left in him.

19. Christian

Christian Active Member

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didnt pursue Holt and used a 1st day draft pick on a wide receiver. The Jets have 1 very good possesion receiver in Cotchery, a so far so good slot receiver in Stucky, and Dustin Keller who was great last season. Even if we didnt have another established receiver, I feel Keller will really step up and become a security blanket for Clemens or Ratliff if either of them start. We all saw the mismatches when linebackers tried to cover Keller. Now think about Keller after 1 full season under his belt. We should see a huge improvement in his route running and blocking skills and hopefully he wont make as many rookie mistakes on the field like losing concentration when trying to catch crucial balls.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It would only be right to give the Pats new aquisitions someone to cover.