WFAN radio reporting that when Torry Holt gets realeased the Jets will sign him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vilmalover51, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

If it came from Francesa, it totally made up. That guy don't know shit about the Jets. Besides, if Holt gets released, he's signing with Carolina. The Jets only get him if we overpay and I wouldn't want that.

Lastly, I would of rather had T.O. for a year than Holt for a year. T.O. draws double teams, defenses slide toward him and he's an excellent blocker. Holt, at this point, is not much better than JAG. The precise timing he'll need with his QB doesn't come easy, especially when we're having a QB competition.

2. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

What's with all this tutor talk? Who has Holt tutored in St. Louis that turned out any good? You can argue that Isaac Bruce tutored Holt, but Holt never showed he could teach a young WR anything.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ok... now this.

All right. I am openly critical about signing Torry Holt. I'm more for giving the young guys a shot. We all say they lack the experience, but somebody has to give them that chance first before they can get that experience, right? So that's where I stand.

With that in mind... T.O over Holt? This has got to be a joke. One of the reason I didn't want Holt is simply that he's just older, improved version of Cotchery. Not because he had bad hands or had bad attitude or something.

Now... T.O has very little to offer. He doesn't use his body to fight for the ball like he used to. *When he was doing that in the past, he was one of the very best.* He's dropping the ball, and most of all he's like a walking time bomb, waiting for the chance to explode - which Torry Holt is not.

Look. I'm not trying to defend Holt. I don't even like the idea of signing him. But T.O over Holt just makes absolutely no sense to me.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Donnie Avery.

had a great rookie year for a "terrible" WR draft class.

he is now their #1 receiver.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

T.O. and a QB competition.

why are you trying to divide by zero.

6. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

I fixed that for you. :)

7. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

It all comes down to cost. If he's not real expensive there would be no reason not to pick up Holt. He's a great receiver and I do believe he's still got some very good years left. Plus, it once again gives you more flexibility in the draft. The question becomes how much will he cost and will it hurt the team elsewhere to sign him. If you can afford him and and he signs, it's a no brainer.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The Jets have an "in" because new receivers coach Henry Ellard was Holt's longtime position coach in St. Louis.

Nice if we could land him. I also think his character would go a long way with our younger WRs.

9. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Cause even T.O. can block in teh running game. T.O. blocks after his fellow receivers catch the ball. T.O. draws the defense toward him freeing up other players to make plays.... T.O. is effective even when he doesn't get the ball on every play. Holt is only useful when the ball is throw to him.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no, thats when the world begins to implode.

see the bigger picture.

and i'll type it again - TO and rookie/inexperienced QBs... its dangerous.

Edwards may have a season under his belt, but he's still inexperienced. Its not good.

11. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Read my post above.... BTW most of your assertions just aren't true. Doesn't use his body? T.O. is one of the most physical PLAYERS, let alone WR, in the NFL. Drop balls? He's always dropped balls, but he also catches a lot and if you watch the games, you'll see many of those 'incomplete' passes 'thrown toward' T.O. were yards to high or low etc.... and they just count as incomplete toward T.O..

Also that time bomb, thing, blah, blah, blah. Quit repeating everything you read in the newspaper. It just to sell stories. Most of the players in the locker rooms love him.

#131 Sinjz, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  12. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like a parrot; repeating the same line over and over. I wonder how many of you will admit you're wrong when T.O. DOESN'T cause problems in Buffalo this year.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

so what happened in San Fran, Philly, and Dallas is a big lie created by the mass media???

GODDAMN CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You are comparing a guy that we got at age 37 to a guy that is 32?
    The first comparison is even worse Sheppard is 28, Lott when acquired was 34.

Please, please think before you type

15. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Donnie Avery? Are you saying you want our young WRs to turn out like Donnie Avery??????

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Did you see his rookie year stats and catches? 53 catches on a team that could hold onto the ball for 3 second is pretty damn good.... as a rookie.

I'd be happy with a Donnie Avery across from Cotchery.

#136 NDmick, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  17. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Yes! :)

What really happened in San Fran? Him calling Garcia names didn't really come out until he was in Philly and Garcia got shipped out too. T.O. didn't cause the 49ers to tumble, they were tumbling and he got out. Philly was McNabb and Reid putting all the blame on T.O. when they should of taken their fair share. Neither McNabb or Reid are as 'nice' as their TV persona. Explain to me what happened in Dallas? THREE WRs complained about how Romo focuses on Witten to the detrement of the offense. Why is T.O.'s name the only one out there? Cause it sells papers!

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I was being sarcastic......

19. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Avery hasn't done anything yet. And aren't you screaming for a #1 WR? Do you really think Avery is that?