getting very depressed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Who was the 2nd DB we picked up in free agency? I only know about Jim Leonard.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

whats with this "our offense is weak"shit?i'd say at the worst its a question mark.we don't know who our #1 or qb are.so how do we know they suck?as for the no.1 wr keller being split wide is gonna do the same job as a star wr.which is clear a lb out of the box or prevent the safety from coming up either way the run game will be as dominate as last year.btw coles wasn't commanding a bunch of double coverage

3. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Damn, I wonder what you sound like when you're pessimistic. :smile:

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

lito shepard

5. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

That wasn't a free agency pick up. We gave up picks for Lito Sheppard; He was a trade. If the OP can't get that right, he shouldn't be making predictions and starting threads like this.

#45 Sinjz, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I dont think they mentioned what pick was actually given up,, I could be wrong but I dont think I read anything saying what round the pick came from

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

if our team was so dominat that no game was in question, then how much fum could that possibly be?

life is a journy, and so is the regular season. it's still fun to watch and cheer even if we are not the one team out of 32 that 'wins the last game'.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Strange. Last time I checked, the site had Jets going 1-15.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

5th round this year and a conditional pick as high as 2nd round next year if we sign Lito

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Talk about depressed, wait until our secondary completely shuts TO down and he unleashes his fury on every player within earshot, including the coaches and Bills owners in front of a national audience.

Talk about depressed, wait until Chad Pennington gets thrown around like a rag doll and separates both shoulders while being pancaked by Scott on one side and Harris on the other.

Talk about depressed, wait until Bill Belichick has to shake hands with Rex Ryan after we kick their ass in NE again and he knows the Jets are for real this time and have eliminated them from the playoffs, despite Tom Brady's return.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Speaking of trenches you do realize we were plus 10 in sacks to sacks allowed last year. That's pretty significant. We also got 20.5 sacks off the edge between Pace, Thomas and Ellis last year that's with Harris hurt most of the year. This year we should be much stronger in the middle if only Harris is healthy, add in the one gap which should add sacks to Jenkins totals and I think we should be pretty good in the trenches..

If either Clemens or Ratliff step up we may well be ahead of where we were at QB since Chad got hurt in 04 when we went deep in the playoffs.

While Jones isn't my favorite back I expect we take a back in the first three rounds who should get significant carries along with a big blocking TE who should be substantially better than Baker in the running game. Baker was a huge downgrade at blocking TE from Becht and really didn't bring enough to the passing game to warrant a roster spot after the emergence of Keller as our pass catching TE.

I really don't see Cloney and Stuckey underperforming Coles and may well provide an upgrade at this point?

If Gholston emerges as an edge rusher we may well have a very good team next year.

I can see things going either way it wouldn't surprise me if we come in 4th or if Brady has a hickup in his recovery coming in 1st in our division. Miami and Buffalo are far from perfect teams both could be up or down next year.

We certainly are not in decline and are clearly getting better since the bottom feel out in 05.

#51 winstonbiggs, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good point. I expect breakout years from at least one of them, if not both. Coles was biding his time and milking his contract.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a declining team right now. We've spent draft picks to consolidate value and acquire veterans. We've signed free agents to fill holes. We've actually developed very little of the talent currently on the team, mainly the C, LT, RG, LDE, one ILB, one WR, one CB and a Safety.

If you look at how New England or Pittsburgh or Indianapolis set themselves up to good for a long period of time you begin to see how we have failed in that regard. The price we pay for doing things the way we do them is that there is always a critical hole that must be filled via trade or free agency. Good teams add a missing part here or there. The Jets on the other hand are always looking for crucial pieces in the offseason and then we get a nasty shock when something else falls out of the picture in training camp or early in the year.

Take the best player available. Trade down for depth. Let players go a year early instead of signing the players the good teams let go a year early. It's not hard to see where success comes from in the NFL and it's not hard to see where the Jets fail.

This team is headed for a perpetual 3rd or 4th place run in the AFC East at this point. There are real management teams in New England and Miami now and the Mickey Mouse FO we have cannot compete.

That BTW is how I post when I'm not being optimistic, just realistic.

14. jsf_f35

jsf_f35 New Member

I don't know if we will have a better record in 2009 than 2008 but I'm certain we will have a better football team in 2009. Bank on it.

15. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

just relax the jets will be fine

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'm confused by this statement.

Mangold is one of the best, young Centers in the game.
    Revis is probably the second best CB in the game, going into his third season.
    Rhodes has shown flashes of being elite, and was a second day pick.
    Cotchery, another second day pick, is one of the better #2 WRs in the game.
    David Harris is one of the better ILBs in the game, suited perfectly for the 3-4, and is going into his third season.
    Ferguson is getting better each year and is going into his fourth season.
    Brandon Moore has been a pretty good run blocker and started off on the Defensive side of the ball.

How exactly do you define development?

17. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

By the title I was half expecting a fellow Jet fan to say he lost his job, wife leaving him, closest friend serving over seas, even his dog hates his guts.
    But unhappy with the Jets off season????
    Tanny has done a great job trimming fat and getting a ton of money to move around. It could have been a lot worse if Favre held this team hostage and we couldn't aggressively pursue the guys we got.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He'll likely suck more this year.

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Please tell me that by now you've jumped off the building, putting the rest of us out of our misery, unless of course this was a really poor attempt at sarcasm.

20. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Well unless my math is wrong we still got 6 months till the season begins so fa isn't over. The draft hasn't even happened either. And why are you acting like the fa we got aren't good?