Jets have employees take 2 weeks of unpaid leave

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Mar 5, 2009.

1. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

are you kidding??????

...this decision is completely ridiculous, the Jets (Woody/billionaire) should be ashamed of this....how stupid is this??? these workers are average people making under a $100K a year and the team is dolling out millions of dollars to the players and coaching staff, so where should we pinch pennies, hit the secreteries,custodians, and office staff...let's see that 2 weeks paycut x 60 workers = a drop of water in the Atlantic Ocean....embarassing

2. jsf_f35

jsf_f35 New Member

It's just another marketing tool by Mr.nice guy, Woody Johnson.

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

But, but, but, we need money so you guys better pay those obnoxious PSL charges!

4. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Boycott Woody and the JETS real fans dont need to pay money to root for a football team. This organization has sunk to an all time low by this maneuver.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Hey Vernon, Tanny here, since you did SQUAT last season, just wondering if you'd donate .0001% of your pay so we don't have to lay anybody off.

VG: Huh? What u be talking? Dat's crazy talk. Latter honkey.

6. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Ask the beer vendor to pick up the slack. They made more than enough to cover the cost.

7. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

As someone who worked in a Community Relations Dept for a pro team let me tell you that you don't break the bank working in pro sports. Unless you get to a upper tier level you don't make very much and like you said the people you work to promote are making tons this has to hurt.

8. JetsFanInVB

JetsFanInVB New Member

Well until you guys stop buying season tix and stop buying Bart Scott jerseys hot off the presses, Woody will continue skipping all the way to the bank.

Put your mouth where your money is or expect more of the same.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

without those players they have no job at all...they should feel lucky to only miss 2 weeks pay when a lot of others have no job at all.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

that in all businesses not just the NFL..What is not a lot to u? people making millions say there not making enough so give us a # figure.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So ok, lets all be dumb fucks for just a second and say the Jets really are hurting in this economy and need to do this. So does that mean the TV contract money is down next year?..no. Does it mean ticket prices are down next year?..hell no. Parking?..nope. Concession prices?..not a chance. So what it MUST POSITIVELY MEAN is that they are no longer sold out and don't expect to be so we can all just walk up to a window on game day and buy a ticket...this is really great, we should celebrate.

#51 Don, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  12. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

You two should battle it out and see who can make the dumber posts in the thread.

13. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

What would you like to bet that the Jets already lost millions in corporate sponsorships? Don't be surprised if that PC Richards whistle is suddenly gone from Jets games.

This economic downturn will affect everything, including the NFL and all of the franchises.

I say kudos to Woody for doing this, unlike the Redskins who just went ahead and fired 20 people. Revenues are down across the board, and the Jets are not immune. Complaing about player salaries... give me a break. That IS the product. Overhead always gets cut before production and engineering. Overhead staff always get the first cut.

Even the NFL headquarters laid off something like 100 people. Woody kept these people employed and off the unemployment lines. From what I read, the employees involved are grateful. Take some unpaid time off, or lose your job? In this economy? I'd be grateful too.

Should Woody be a charity? No, he is a business man. He made a business decision, and one that was not a mercinary one. He could have just laid them off like the Redskins did. These people still have jobs, and they are happy to have one.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

TV contracts will be down bet on it. Ad revenue is down substantially and that will impact revenue substantially. Licensed merchandise will also be sold at mark down prices and less will be sold.

15. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I'm glad none of you guys run businesses.

The product of the NYJets is a winning team - you don't spend less on your product

This is a seasonal business - quite honestly I'm surprised the office personnel even have jobs for more than 10 months a year.

People keep there jobs. That's good for morale.

Great Business decision.

16. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will be eligible for unemployment benefits for the two weeks.

17. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Only reason I can see these employees being pissed off is. The JETS football team took 5 weeks off during the season and still got paid....:rofl:

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agreed.........

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Did you know a can of coffee used to be a pound and is now 13 ounces. I expect 10 me on the field if this recession lasts another year.

20. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

10 on 10........1 problem solved we wont need a #1 WR or a QB. Woody Johnson and the JETS should be very ashamed of this.They are spending mega bucks trying to sell the PSL license. Im looking for a link from the Daily News where they ran an article on this story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2009/03/05/2009-03-05_jets_biz_squad_hit_with_2week_furloughs.html

Higgins said he did not expect any backlash from employees or the public: "The object of the football team is to win on the field. And you know what it takes, and I think everyone understands that," he said. "We're all here to win."

So cutting the employees 2 weeks pay will help us win................

#60 JETSFAN1290, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009