Jets have employees take 2 weeks of unpaid leave

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Mar 5, 2009.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I wonder if they gave each of them a Haynesworth jersey as part of the severance package?

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I wonder if they gave each of them a Haynesworth jersey as part of the severance package?

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Wow the top 2 threads in the forum...

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It boggles my mind how these teams who haven't lost any money are treating employees. I guess it's better than letting people go like alot of teams have done but there wasn't any need to do any of this.

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

And the same crappy English joke in each of them!

6. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Where have I seen this before? Going to look sweet when it's merged.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcv5e6xX25I[/youtube]

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

El Cheap-O Strikes again!

But hey, He gotta make sure the Team is there to get them PSL's!!!!

and yeah, blame it on the "NFL's job cuts"....

#28 Royal Tee, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  9. HOI

HOI Active Member

^^ priceless....

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Ironic considering the money they dole out in player salaries, which is needed to stay competitive so that they can sell PSLs and keep us fans happy. So the little guy pays the price.

Is the team losing money? I find that hard to believe.

11. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I know it sounds like BS but it's better then seeing your fellow employees put out of work. I work for Home Depot down IN SW FL and about June our business begin to slow down in a huge way, as most folks are heading back North.

So rather then lay off folks for the off season many of us agree to work 32 hour weeks for 6 to 8 weeks out of the year.

An again really not as bad as it sounds because many of us prepare by banking our sick time and holidays along with a week vacation and enjoy many 3 day weekends with our family or take a day midweek to take care of personal business or just take the boat out in the bay and not have to fight any crowds.. An many of us still have 2 weeks of vacation left to enjoy and feel good about it, as well know we did something that help the other guy..

So before you kill the Jets remember it is a business and in spite of what you might think many employees may be looking forward to the time off and have saved for just such a time. They also have the satisfaction of knowing that there shared sacrifice allowed others to stay employed during these hard times...

In the end this is the kind of thing we need to see more of in the country. Somehow we have lost our way in thinking it's always all about us and what is in it for us and greed is good and screw the next guy...
    While we have to remember to take care of our families first and foremost, if you can lend a helping hand and still do that , you will be a better American and better human being and be plus one when you get to the MAN.... :up:

#31 fltflo, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Maybe the Jets and the NFL is preparing for a dramatic decline in revenue? Chances are that add revenue and merchandise sales are going to decline dramatically while player salaries continue to inflate at least for now. They also have the potential for a strike or a lock out comming on top of the huge debt the team has taken on with the stadium. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see some sports teams be in position to file bankruptcy or be bailed out by the league. Not to mention most of these owners businesses are in the crapper as well.

13. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

Support the Jets, keep the workers working, buy the PSL's...

Woody

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm sensing a pattern with Woody of being decent to his employees regardless of the potential strains to the team's finances. He's kept Bradway around for years despite the collapse that happened on his watch and generally seems to have a hard time letting go of people once they've been a part of the team.

This begs the question of what Eric Mangini actually did to get himself fired this year. Herm had a team collapse on him also and while there were evident strains in the relationship between him and the Jets he walked away from the team without anybody sniping at him or suggesting he'd get fired.

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I wonder if the wonderful folks selling the PSL's are also off for the two weeks. My guess would be that they are still working.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Sixty people (if I heard right), I'm figuring an average of $3000 per employee per week in salary. I'm assuming they're still paying benefits like health care. Round up and call that a savings of around $400,000, maybe?

The Jets are going to waste that much money in players cut between now and the first game. How about Woody Johnson opening his fahking wallet? Nice as this sounds in terms of job preservation, I won't be impressed unless someone can convince me that Woody is sharing the sting, or whether this is just him choosing not to operate the Jets at a loss.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So What? It's a bargain for NY. Over the next 50 or 75 years they will make far more then they have spent on the Yankees. Why do you think they are so eager to do it?

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO it is called money grabbing by using the present economic conditions as a excuse to fatten Woody wallet even more

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think Sterger's gotten a pretty good return on her investment.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Meh my joke was about 1,000x better than the crap that passes for humour in this forum most of the time.