RUMOR:Cutler to Browns for QB Quinn and NT Rogers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Nesquik, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Broncosfreaks.com is reporting a deal may already be in place that would send Cutler to the Cleveland Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn, unhappy nose tackle Shaun Rogers and a third-round pick.

Media reports over the past couple weeks have indicated that Cleveland coach Eric Mangini is not overly impressed with Quinn. Rogers, feeling snubbed by Mangini on two different occasions, has asked to be traded. As the reported noted, the trade makes sense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...utler-to-Cleveland-for-Rogers-?urn=nfl,145345

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

ManKok thinks Rogers is disgruntled, so they're gonna try for a headcase like Cutler? This could make for good comedy.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Double U Tee Eff?

4. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

next the rumors will be that Derek Anderson will be traded to Jets/Vikings/Bucs/Lions

5. Drew

Drew Active Member

Although this rumor is nothing but bullshit, if I was Denver I'd totally pull the trigger. Cutler is one of the more overrated players in the league.

Never going to happen, though.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He threw for over 8000 yards and 45 TD's combined year 2 & 3 of his career. That's pretty damn good. What has Quinn done?

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Mangini being unimpressed with Quinn means nothing without how he feels about Derek Anderson. why trade Quinn for another QB when you already have another high priced QB on the roster? the entire rumor just seems asinine.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I am a ND fan speaking here but Quinn is a pretty good QB and reminds me of Carson Palmer when healthy. He hasnt been given much of a chance in CLE due to Anderson and the parts around the team shitting the bed last year but think Denver isnt that bad of a place for Quinn to go.

An Elite DT/NT when he wants to be, a good QB project like Quinn and a high 3rd for a borderline elite QB is a fair deal IMO.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I know no one cares + it's impossible but I would LOVE to see Quinn play for the Jets... i would give away my first round pick straight away.

10. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Anyone notice that the only source for this story is broncosfreaks.com which is just a fan message board. That is pretty much like yahoo picking up one of the millions of rumors that float through our forum every day.

11. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

this would be a great move for Denver helping there transation to the 3-4 with Rogers

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Denver has to try and work things out with Cutler IMO. I guess if they feel the relationship cant be repaired then they have to get the most value for him but finding Franchise QB's are not easy.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Agreed, provided he actually steps up and plays to his ability.

14. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I'm just wondering as to why you think Cutler is a headcase?

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The first 20 teams who had first round picks two years ago wanted no part of him and you would give #17 this year for him? Why? Especially when all he has done is play three games and suck in each and every one of them.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not many teams needed a QB 2 years ago when picking there outside of maybe Jacksonville and Miami. Maybe KC too.........Oakland for whatever boneheaded reason took Russell over both Quinn and Calvin Johnson but their Oakland so nothing seems to amaze me about them.

Aaron Rodgers was passed on by at least 22-23 teams but GB took him and waited on him and he was amazing last season.

Besides Edwards dropped everything known to man last year, Lewis was stopped 2 yds each time and Winslow was hurt for a good portion of last year. Not to mention the 2nd WR in CLE was Stallworth when healthy.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I think Jay Cutler is a damn good quarterback. I'd be happy letting go of this year's first round pick and a 2010 escalator to get him.

This might be McDaniels best move at this point. What a fuckin' moron, letting that cat out of the bag.

18. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Cutler's not a headcase, but he is arrogant and cocky.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not many need one this year either and if he were in this draft he probably still wouldn't go any higher than 22. In fact he might not even be in the first round.

20. GreenMachine

Isn't Cutler diabetic? That is a bad combo with him and Cleveland. Mangini has that big jar of laffy taffy on his desk.