Trade for Vince Young?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bvon, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I actually liked the way this guy single handedly steamrolled USC a few years back. Thought he could do some damage in the NFL.

Now the only way this flower could bloom in NY, especially for the Jets, would be if everyone promised from this point on, to NOT boo Vince. Jets fans cheered when Chad Pennington got hurt in 2007. I don't think this is the place for Vince.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yeah. I mean, I think it would be a stupid idea, but I'd rather discuss someone like him than some scrub.

And someone has to try to stop the flaming anyway.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

:lol: yep. Not even sure there's a face attached to that pic.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I like the idea the Jets need a QB with personality who better to bring in than Cybil.

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

There was no bigger Vince Young fan than me when he came out (I believe I wrote "He will be to the NFL what Neo was to the Matrix), and right now, I wouldn't trade anything for him. I wouldn't even sign him if he was cut. His raw athletic talent was enough to get him through in college, but it doesn't work that way in the NFL. He simply doesn't have the mental metal to make it in the NFL. He's an epic NFL bust (and a very surprising one, IMO).

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If we say yes,can YOU make it happen?

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No and also Kerry Collins may enter FA still and then the titans will need Young.

8. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I'd rather have Steve Young

9. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I don't want the Jets to make any sort of play for Young, but I think it's only fair to mention 2 things:

1) How can anyone call him overrated? You have to be rated highly by at least one person to be "overrated." If anything he's underrated--reading comments around here, you'd think he's never thrown a football in his life.

2) It's not fair to say that he can't handle any sort of pressure. Lest we forget, he was the biggest star on arguably the second biggest stage in college football at UT and he put up 2 of the NCAA's greatest all time clutch games at the Rose Bowl (not exactly a small stage.) He may be a headcase, but there's a ton of unfair labeling going on here.

10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

as someone mentioned before, for him to be taken 3rd overall, someone thinks highly of him

11. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I say we keep our three QBs: Ratliff, Ainge and Brad Smith. Can we trade Kellen for a 10th round pick? :p

12. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

That was then, this is now. I don't think the Titans could find a suitor for Young if they offered him for free.