I can't stand it anymore. Baker/Moore/Coles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sinjz, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Bay Ridge Dave

Bay Ridge Dave New Member

Well said, especially regarding Coles, who IMO, was a 2 or 3 WR being paid (and wanted to be treated) like a #1 WR.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah agreed with the original post. All of Baker, Moore, and Coles are overrated by Jets fans and can be easily replaced.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Right, the question now is is he worth the 5 million per season he's asking for with probably 10 million guaranteed? I would say yes. More to come...

Player 2009 Figure Contract AVerage

Faneca: 8 mil, 8 ml
    Woody: 6.8 mil, 5.1 mil
    Brick: 6 mil, 6.25 mil
    Mangold: 1.6 mil , 1.48 ml (jesus this kid's gettin' raped)
    Moore: 7.7 mil, 3.5 mil

Totals: 30.1, 24.33 <-reasonable for a starting o-line

Anyway...Moore will end up being the cheapest (most inexpensive) lineman for the next couple years after Mangold presumably re-signs a new contract at the end of the 2009 season; as he's only on the books through 2010. It's just that pesky 7 mil in '09 number. We'll have to guarantee him more up front and extend him at a higher average per year. This is just really bad timing.

I wonder how many stacks we can throw at Mangold if 2010 is uncapped?..

Stats compiled from:
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3647

#23 brothermoose, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You're saying Coles deserves the contract he is demanding?? Enlighten us.

5. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not sure who you're talking about. Moore? If so, I'm gonna have to disagree. Sure, he could get that on the open market, but there's no way in hell I rip up a contract with 4 years left on it because a guy wants more money.

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Yes Moore, sorry if I was unclear.

So to finish, bumping him up to 5 mil per season (a number that would hopefully satisfy him and would not get us his actual value to our team next year IMO).

It would also mean an meager 1.5 million addition to the mean annual starting line cost of 24.33 million, giving us a total starting o-line cost of 25.8 million dollars...not bad for the baddest buch on the block.

Hate to say it, but I'd argue for Fanny's, Woody's, or maybe even Brick's relative salaries over not giving Moore 5 million per season to lock him down for the next 5. He is a known factor. Consistent, steadily rising in ability, more than I can say for Fanny or Woody...no offense :rolleyes::pulltye:.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting us all straight.

From now on, any personnel questions, just PM this guy.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I guess nobody is taking into account that NFL revenue is liable to fall this year. The question is how much will the have's bid up salaries in a market where revenue is likely to fall substantially?

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

And what about next year when Moore wants to renegotiate again because his base salary is low?

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I thought you were gonna rag on the jets for being cheap and getting rid of these players. its great having someone new in Rex who has no alleginace to any players so decisions are made on going forward, not what was done in the past. I love every move

11. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

well if you look at it with jeaux logic its not so bad. If the jets let moore walk that means they must be high on Rob turner. 6'4'' 308lbs 5.48 40 time. he's much more versatile then moore too, he showed he can play tight end last year...

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

What? He would have made a lot more by taking our guaranteed money and then ditching us for a smaller contract somewhere else than by looking for a new contract now.

13. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Don't know, don't really care. I'll assume they're posting under different usernames then. If you know who they are, please let me know and I'll adjust my sig. :) Honestly, I don't think about my own sig too much. I just like seeing the green smiley kick the other one in the nuts. :lol:

14. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

$6 million dollars is why we let him go. That's what you pay TOP FLIGHT players. I don't think you can put Coles in the category anymore.

Also remember, we suppose to run more with Rex as coach. Maybe they'll slide Dustin to WR and draft Brandon Pettigrew so we can really run block. :breakdance:

15. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Why
    Why don't you just suck mine?

16. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

First off, who said we'd have to stay in the same price range? Maybe we pay more and upgrade the position? All I know is that the FO and coaching staff don't think he's worth what his contract will pay him going forward. The moans and constant threads on it, make it seem like he's a superstar. They released him today.... I don't hate they guy, but I do think we can do better.

17. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Everybody on that line to overpaid, except Mangold. :smile:

Let's face it, Moore was the only lineman that could be moved. Everybody else is stuck here for the next couple of years cause of cap concerns.

18. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Why would we give him a raise if we're cutting him cause he cost too much on the cap? I'm a little confused. He had four more years on his deal. The FO didn't think he was worth $13+ mill over 4 years, so you wanna give him $20 mill?

19. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

You're welcome! :) I've read some of your post; you needed to be set straight. :beer:

20. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Nope. I was just sick of seeing all the whining in virtually every thread. Just wanted to blow off some steam. :beer: