I can't stand it anymore. Baker/Moore/Coles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sinjz, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

I can't stand it anymore.

I don't think Baker is that good a TE. I don't think Moore is that good a RG. They are NOT worth the money they are demanding. Now if they come back CHEAP, then okay. But PLEASE stop ranting about how great these guys are and how the Jets can't survive without them. They are not all-stars nor are they underrated studs. They are mediocre at best.

Baker doesn't do anything in the passing game and is only a decent run blocker. He might be able to catch, but he can't get away from defenders and he does nothing to create mismatches. He's also no Kyle Brady or Anthony Becht when it comes to run blocking either. He's not worth the hassle.

Moore is not a 'great' run blocker, he's decent. He's improved over the years, but he's still a poor pass blocker. We need to upgrade that spot. Is he worth a $5 million roster bonus and $13 over the next 4 years? HELL NO!!! BTW, why do people keep saying $7 million? We can sign or draft another RG, but best might be to slide Woody over and pick up one of the stud OT in this year's draft.

About Coles, learn to READ people!!! Stop asking the same freaking questions again and again. They renegotiated his contract in a way to let him become a free agent and let the Jets off the hook for his previously guaranteed salary for this year. He's not getting paid by us. Cap hit is from his accelerated signing bonus.

I like Coles as a player, but he was not worth 6 mill to us. He's up there in age and is not going to get better going from Favre to Clemens/Ratliff/???. I'm glad we got the $ back to use on our other weak spots. BTW, he didn't do the Jets a 'favor'; he did it cause his agent told him he could get more money out there by getting a longer term deal. He wasn't going to get one from the Jets. He's doing it for himself. Just like Rhodes and Pace did when they took their roster bonuses and converted them to signing bonuses. They're just getting the money up front. They are NOT sacrificing a damn thing. They are just moving the cap hit from this year to future years.

Most 'fans' don't seem to know a damn thing about what they are talking about!!! They are just repeating things they heard from somewhere. Please LEARN the sport. It's a great game, but it's also complicated. Please don't dumb it down so much.

Okay, rant over. :grin: Just needed to get that off my chest. You make resume your browsing. :)

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I have a good feeling about all of this. Ryan has been cleaning house and getting rid of the bad blood. Next season we're going to have a VERY different Jets team, and that's not exactly a bad thing.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You know the 2 people in your sig don't post here anymore.

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Moore is completely worth 3.25 million a year for the next four. It's the most reasonable contract on the line...or will be once Mangold re-ups. The roster bonus hit is the problem with that, and we may just be able to absorb it this year, though we may not. He is worth the salary though.

I agree with the rest.

5. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Thank you for saying this for me. Saved me a lot of time. :metal: This is 100% dead on.

6. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I must say this was probably one of the best posts i have seen in a long time.
    You were DEAD on about all three. Thanks for calming down the masses! All should read this and quiet complaining. :beer::beer:

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I have to agree with most of this. Although I do like Moore. Not that I dont think we can do better but I think Moore is a solid RG. I would like to see them come to some kind of agreement on his contract.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I have no problem with losing Baker and Coles, but I'm concerned that we may not be able to replace Moore as easily as we think. If they get a player as good or better than Moore for better value, that's fine.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well hopefully with the cutting of Coles we won't have to find out...Moore's release is not official yet. While he might be overpaid he's still a solid player and we're well under the cap to afford it

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

What I'd like is for us to keep Moore with a restructured contract.

11. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

baker sucked and with keller emerging somewhat he isnt needed

moore i dont agree with it but whatever, as long as they replace him and they probably will

coles makes no sense tho as they need playmakers and coles has been very good, 70 catches last yr, if dumping coles meant they were going to be in the hunt for a houshmanzadeh type itd be fine but theyll replace coles with someone like brandon lloyd probably

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I agree with OP. Especially when it comes to Woody. Put his ass back inside and draft a nice RT.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree. Ryans a team guy. He's building his team around that criteria. There's no I in team. Coles has always been a ME guy. Love it.

14. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Agreed.

filler

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

what a dick

16. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

amen, well said

17. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I know that 2 year end year out contract renegotiators are gone. Moore was fine not great.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I agree 1000%. In their defense however, I think people see the Pennington diaster in week 17 were saying damn what a mistake it was to get rid of that guy. Now I think people are paranoid about the Jets releasing players that end up playing better elsewhere.

While kind of dramatic, I think our FO has made all the right decisions these past two years and can't find much to blame them for. Coles is not worth that money, he essentially brings the same to the table as Cotchery, he just has a bigger mouth. And Baker, please, Keller is a way better TE and we could just get a blocking TE to back him up easily. I think releasing Moore is a mistake, if he wants to restructure they should try to keep him. I think he might stay cause Coles is gone though.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Moore isn't officially gone yet and this move might have saved his contract. Coles wanted out and we got his $6 million off of the books and frees up cap room/a roster spot for us to go after a free agent or draft someone who isn't an older version of Cotchery(I' not even sure that Coles was that much faster than him last season). As for Baker, he's replaceable. We can probably find another good run-blocking TE in the same places we'd be looking for Cole's replacement. Who knows, we might even find one with the ability to get separation in his routes.

20. ........

........ Trolls

I'm just curious who we're going to get for cheaper than $3 million per year to play guard for us. Contracts escalate each year, and the FA market isn't exactly flooded with guard talent. How much better is Justin Smiley? He commands $5 million a year. How about Stephen Peterman? Can you even name his team? The Lions. How great must he be? $3 million a year.

It's not that I'm saying Moore was a star. I haven't seen anyone here say that. He's also not being paid like a star, at least not according to signings over the past two years. The stars make $7 or $8 million a year, more than double what we're paying Moore for the next 4 seasons. He's being paid like a guy who contributed to the line and to the success of our running game. If you feel we can get someone better, I'm all for it. I'm just curious. Instead of everyone just kicking him out the door, how about suggesting an UPGRADE. I've seen good, solid picks for upgrading at receiver and tight end. I haven't seen it for Moore.

Jason Brown? Well, if he's available, it likely means Bart Scott isn't. I'm hoping he's not. He's also seeking $5 to $7 million per. Mike Goff looks to be available. What do you think he'll be seeking? The suggestion of moving Woody inside and drafting a Tackle, or drafting a Guard? That's not exactly a sure thing, now is it? People act like it's easy to find and plug in new pieces into a team. It's not. There's a good reason why Brandon Moore hasn't been released yet. The team can't be certain of an upgrade at the position, and thank God they're the ones in the front office.