17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

In a business sense the Meadowlands has 2 NFL teams playing there weekly. That all amounts to 16 home games 8 each. No other NFL stadium matches this .Why was the PSL fee so dam expensive when in actuality it should have been split 50/50 think about it. Any fool can see this is a $$$$ making scheme for those that can afford to pay it.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No hard feelings here, but I only said what I said based on my personal situation as to where I sit in the ticket pecking order. I think Italian Seafood and myself are in the same boat with regards to seniority, so there will be no upper deck choice for us. I'm glad you'll be going to every game, and if I had the option of FREE PSL and cheap seats, I'd be there right along with you. I don't think opting out of a PSL makes us lesser fans...just smarter ones.
    ***************************************************************************************************************

I did not realize your situation. Sorry, not trying to rub it in and I feel bad for anyone who has to buy PSL's or not go but lets be honest, its a sad situation for you guys and you are gonna miss going to the games in a big way. It does not make you less of a fan at all, I would do the same thing And Sec 227, the Giants will sell out and the Jets won't and the ticket prices will not come down. And the price of PSL's are so high, if they do come down, it won't be enough. And for the other guy, the tickets the Jets will sell day of game will be from $400-700 so don't be happy.

#322 sec314, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Sitting in the upper deck is ok I consider it to be pacification for not having lower level seats. With the new stadium layout being much different than the current one. Sitting in the upper deck will have an entirely different meaning.
    If given a choice I would choose the lower level any day or night. Free usually has its drawbacks in this case it will be the overall view of the playing field and the players. For those opting to sit in the upper level "free psl" seats. Buy a good pair of binoculars your gonna need them.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This stadium is costing more than three times what it cost to build the Seattle Stadium.

That said PSL's are not a function of cost they are a function of the market. That may be substantially less than a stadium costing half as much or twice as much?

Put it this way should the Jets and Giants make half as much money because their cost is half what it would have been on their own? Only if you don't believe in capitalism.

The Jets and Giants took a huge risk precisely because the thought they could lay a substantial cost of investment on their fans. If their fans say no they may well fail? Nobody is holding anyone hostage, nobody is being screwed, everyone has a choice.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not happy about it being higher then the current stadium but as an Upper, I would take that over the lower any day but that argument has gotten old. Now its not even an argument and I love the fact the most of the senior ticket holders are coming upstairs and we will get rid of the giant fans

6. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Why is it costing 3 times more than the Seattle stadium. Is it because of all the luxuries being added to the stadium. Real fans like myself want to pay to see a football game in a football stadium and not pay to see one in the Taj Mahal with overpriced tickets and PSLs.

Everyone has a choice you say? I had no choice when I sat through many losing seasons including the 1-15 campaign. I had no choice when they shoved the preseason tickets down my throat. I had no choice when they instituted pre-paid parking or spend 2 hrs on a school bus or on line to board one.My choice was to be a loyal supportive NYJET fan I did just that for nearly 40+ years with 21 of them being a season ticket holder.

Choice you say at what expense.

7. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I love my end zone seats. I get a QBs or LBs eye view of the play as it unfolds. If I wanna watch the game side to side I get a better view on TV.

8. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

It stopped being about fans and football when Woody took over. I never cared it was Giants Stadium. I wouldn't care if the Jets played at Rutgers. I wouldn't care if they gave us bleacher seats.

But 10 games at even $100 is $1000 per seat. It's really no wonder my wife and I argue each year over the season tickets.

For $700 a game - $7000 - you could get a nice hotel room with a hooker and a big screen TV, and with the extra you could hire a bunch of guys to Chant J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.

If I get the opportunity for uppers I'll consider keeping the seats, if not, I'll cherry pick the games I want to see each season and get them on eBay.

9. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Im also leaning towards the cherry picking route. Premium seats for 1-2 games a year with money left over for the big screen parties at home. Its NYJETS football live or on tv its still my team.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Another reason to wish the WSS happened. Woody would have had to sell the team.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Woody and Mara's Club

And who'd be any different as an owner? Would Trump (Once he gets back on his feet financially) or a Steinbrenner be handling this any differently? No. The Mara family is doing the same thing. What's Jerry doing for Cowboy fans with his stadium?

What gets me is the cost of this stadium, but is it any wonder? It's not a stadium. It's lounges and clubs with seats on the roof and a 100 yard courtyard. That's a lot more expensive to build than a ballpark. By paying PSL's we're paying for a vehicle that enables them to really make money from us. It's insane and sad.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You have a choice you can say no. It's a painful choice but big time sports is big time business built on fans willingness to pay the freight. It's time to stop paying the freight. Don't buy the Official NFL crap, don't buy the PSL's, and don’t buy the season tickets. It sucks, it’s a bad choice because you obviously love going to the game but that's what they are counting on your love of the game justifies the prices they are charging. Being a responsible adult means sometimes having to give up things you love because you can't afford them. If enough people act responsibly the prices will come down. Just take a look at the price of houses in some of the great areas in this country. Nothing is bullet proof.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Great shots 17a.
    After the stadium is finished , these pics will be priceless.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree, but I think Woody is getting a bad rap to a degree. When he bought the team he said the Jets needed a home, which everyone bitched about for years. He put a lot of money into trying to get the WSS done, the NY politicians screwed him. Then he went in on the Giants thing to split the costs, and to his credit when that happened he then built the team a brand new, state-of-the-art training facility near the new stadium. So while the cost and bullshit involved with the new stadium is out of hand--as it is everywhere else--Woody is at least giving the team a true home field and a local training base which does alleviate an age-old problem this team has had for the past 25 years.

It's easy to point out that he's rich, he's 0-9 in bringing a VLT to NY/NJ, etc, and he's in on the money grab, but you have to give some credit where it's due. He has spent his money on players, he has spent his money on faciliites, he doesn't meddle with the football business with the possible exception of the Favre move, which a lot of football people would have also taken a shot at. A lot of owners could have looked at our fan base and waiting list and stuck a lot of money in their pocket, Woody hasn't done that. Is he trying to to make a lot of it back now from the fans with PSLs? Yes, but so is everyone else and he has made an effort to improve the product we're getting.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

All is quiet on the home front on my end. After my initial go around with my "rep," he's presumably off to greener pastures. Meanwhile, the economy has gone from bad to worse.

Anyone else been contacted lately?

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was never contacted. I guess my answers on the form told them what they needed to know. I am taking the cheap way out. I am no longer an asset to the NYJ's Corp. Meanwhile, they are spending money like they print it, thanks to all you PSL's buying patrons for sponsoring my team.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All quiet here as well. Cimini had a blip however saying that Moore was released because the PSL sales were failing. I took it as a joke

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I'm due to get my Playbook this week, I think.

If they call, they would be looking to sell Club Level PSLs...correct ??

Even if I wanted (and I don't) the $4000 or $5000 or $10,000 non-Club PSLs, they would not sell them to me yet ??

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

They are calling U with the express purpose of selling U a PSL RIGHT NOW

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Haven't heard a word, don't expect to. I'm getting a kick out of all the Yankee fans calling Francesa complaining about getting their plans moved and changed, etc. Rings a bell.