We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

good point but I dought it our WR r not a threat. We need a threat to help our young QB.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It's time for Clemens to play now and if Ratliff is better it's time to give him a shot. We need two many pieces on Defense to win this year. Let us see what we have and build our Defense in the process. What is clemens going to learn after sitting behind the most statistically accomplished Qb ever to play and one of the Smartest in Chad. The answer is nothing it's time to play. We are not winning the Sb next year so lets do the right thing and win. A band aid every year at Qb will not stop this team from losing.

3. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

speling iz hurd, MB. :smile: (feat??)

by the way, Kerry loves the booze.....and so do you, myself, and anyone on this planet. :up:

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Number one Jets fan.
    Do tell us all your grand thoughts.
    Pigs in a blanket.

5. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

Don't step on that "mine" or you'll blow up. :rofl:

6. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

Of course not!

(but it would help if you spell-checked once in awhile.) :wink:

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

#1- since you've already written off the team does this mean that you'll stop posting/creating threads at TGG.COM?

8. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

Do us all a favor and leave if you think we have no common sense here. I believe there's a Pats messageboard somewhere where you can be amongst one of your own kind of fans. Bye.

#128 JetsGod, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i'd love to know what that word is, you retard.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

sorry I have a life and don't just sit on here all day....I just type and don't re-read...oh well shit happens

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

nope...going to here just to piss u off......LOL

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you've been on longer than i have all day... we all have lives, don't beat your chest about real life on here, it makes you look even more retarded.

keep being that #1 fan.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Why do you say we need too many pieces on defense? Last season we were ranked pretty high against the run for a while. Just add a S, another LB, and all of a sudden we've got someone freed up on the line, and may have some sort of a pass rush.
    I think with the cap money we will be saving with the cuts, restructuring, and retirement of Favre, we can add a couple of FA's and draft picks, and have a pretty formidable D.
    Sounds simple i know, but we don't have to go after all the "super stars" at these positions of need. If our CS/FO is savey enough to do what the Pats have done in the past, and get "high motor" guys who can contribute, as well as 1 or 2 of the "super stars", i really think we can be awesome.
    Of course a lot of things need to fall into place.Rhoads needs to step up, and actually be the player he thinks he is. I see the potential, it's up to Rex and co. to get it out of him.
    Lowrey needs to be more consistent, and play more like the player he did at the beginning of last season.
    Harris needs to overcome last seasons disappearing act, and be the force we know he can be.
    Revis, well he needs to just continue being Revis.
    Gholston needs to prove he isn't a bust.
    We've got really good, young players on this defense. I can't help but think that Mangini and co. impeaded the growth process of some of our guys, as well as misusing others.

I realize my post is filled with a lot of "ifs", but it's not as complicated as it sounds.If Rex Ryan is as good as advertised, our current players should all take it to the next level.It's not about being a super star. It's about realizing the potential of every player that we put on the field, and making sure they play to that potential every down.

14. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

:shit: It certainly does and it's not limited to objects or things but also certain "people"....Yep.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

In theory this sounds very good and if Ryan is as advertised it could work. My main problem is we need to get more of a pass rush from our Defensive ends and a Cb that is better than what we have to play opposite Revis. I think we have some young guys with potential but I do think our Defense is also a year or two away from being Sb caliber if all things fall into place perfectly. As good as Jenkins is he is getting up there in age a replacement and backups to the position must be found as well. If he goes down our defense is back to 2007 all over again. I can not disagree with what you wrote and it sounds like a good plan and attitude to have coming in for Ryan.
    Even if this all falls into place I still think we are a few years away in the best case scenario.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Since you're going to be here, let me ask ya...what are you guys gonna do about your aging linebackers and inconsistent corners? Also, who do you think you'll pick at #23?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

knummer 1 hoo due u theenk da jets shood get 2 b cortabak thiz yeer?

I meen the Jet havv 3 guyz on rosta dat can playe butt thay knot soe goot. Shood Jet get a flea agint? Dew u wand thim 2 git Cary Kollins or Brian Samwich?

I lick you theenk the 2009 seesun iz knot like 2 b goot.

Eye alzoe theenk da Jet shood get anutha kornabak 4 Rebas soe the deefinse kan b strung. wat u theenk?

#137 Miamipuck, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's almost as unreadable as a RaiderJoe post.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

oeh nose itt iznt. itt toetally reeduble 4 nummer 1 Jet phan.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I read it, but I needed three seconds for Brian Samwich. Almost didn't get it. :lol: