We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a fucking collective mess. I bet if you added all your posts together, you couldn't string together one cogent thought!

Shit we might as well talk spanish to one another because I can't say this gibberish is English.

So in your honor............. Yo tengo un Lapiz. Mi lapiz es amarillo.

#101 Miamipuck, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ wow, that is one ignorant fan... hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Mo Carlett was the steal of the draft!

4. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

I do not see a real bad season next year. There were some really good things this year to carry-over- and most of the failings of the Defense were faulty coordinating/bad schemes.
    2 caveats:
    1- It took RR's old man about 6 years to build the Bears "46". He was hired as the Bears Coordinator before Ditka became HC, and stayed because of the comraderie and respect he held with the defensive players like Dan Hampton
    2- Shotty had better commit to the run - moreso if the QB is Ratliff/Ainge. Running TJ 290 times and LW 76 isn't going to cut it. At least 4-5 of the playoff teams this year were run first, pass second. Of those teams most balanced attempts among 2 or more backs (BAL, CAR MIA come to mind)- backfield by committee.
    Draft a stud back (Knowshon Moreno) or trade for a back. According to Adam Shefter, L Johnson could be gotten for a 2nd or 3rd, and only counts 6M against the cap. He is only 2 seasons removed from a 1700 yd season and looked like he was recovering from an injury plagued 2007 last year.

#104 XGBer-Moving_On, Feb 13, 2009
  5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

what a lot of you dumb asses don't seem to relize is if we start any QB on our roster now going into 09 we will be seeing a LOT of 8 or even 9 men in the box. So we can kiss the run game goodbye and which QB will win the games for us?
    None of our WR get or is even a threat to be double teamed.

6. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

Valid point (not the dumb ass part) but ATL had a good running game as well as BAL, with rooks as QBs. 8-9 men in the box isn't always 100% effective and is actually suseptible to good run blocking (traps and zone blocking schemes) which is what Carolina used alot to spring Williams or Stewart. As well it leaves the safeties on an island against a 2 tight end scheme.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

True, but i am not talking about rebuilding. Rebuilding is having to fill gapeing holes at various positions. Rebuilding is what we did last season.unfortunetly we did it with mostly aging players who have seen thier better days. We added 4 new players to our starting offense.These things take time to gell.
    We don't need to add too many pieces to this puzzle to be competitive. We will have an offensive line that has a year of playing together under thier belts. If you protect the QB, you can win games. You don't need a QB who can throw it 75yds. All you need is a QB who is smart. We will be a ball control, smash mouth offense. We don't need a QB who has to win us games, as much as we need a QB smart enough not to lose them.

On the defensive side of the ball we need a few pieces, also. We need a pass rusher, wheather he be a LB'r or D-lineman. We need a safety to compliment Rhoads. I believe Lowrey will benefit from having a season under his belt, and a coaching staff that i feel will get the most out of the players we already have.Add to that some depth, and we've really got a chance to be a pretty competitive team.

Favre's retirement,cutting a few under achieving players, and some restructuring of the high $ contracts on the team, will allow us to fill these areas of need, and put together a team that will come to play.

I believe in what we are doing. I believe we'll be ok.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Leon's run against TEN and TJs riun against Denver were against 8 in the box looks.

9. Stay What You Are

Stay What You Are New Member

If the right QB (I'm thinking free agency) is picked up I think the Jets have a good shot at playoffs next season.

@ukilledkenny

I love it when people have nothing better to do than to harass others.

#109 Stay What You Are, Feb 13, 2009
  10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Number One Jets Fan.
    Many thoughts on the Jets team.
    Many number twos.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

yes they all did against ATL in the begainning but ATL came out the box throwing the ball. It was eith his 1st or 2nd ever pass in the NFL Ryan threw like a 64 yard TD pass and it was 50+ in the air not a dump and he took it to the house. All I am saying is we need to get A QB. There a reason we went out and got Favre over the QB we got now.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

:rofl2:

the hidden message is hysterical.

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I guess I know why now I am a Jets fan because we both have "Many number twos" when it comes to football.....lol

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Question for you.

Do you guys think it's wise to trade Cassel knowing Brady won't be anywhere near ready to go at the beginning of the season? Or do you guys know something about Gutierrez the rest of the league doesn't know?

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

what that question got to do with what we are talking about? sorry u lost me.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Lack of Patience after Chad got hurt is why we have been spinning in mud the last four seasons! Can we please do it right and get our young guy to lead us forward for a change.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

ok....What wrong with bring in a Vet and letting these young guys learn from him it can only help just ask Pennington

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Your post makes no sense.
    You're speaking freaky-deaky.
    Are you on a yacht?

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

move on idiot

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Maybe our inexperienced QB's will benifit from throwing into man single coverage all the time when teams stack the box? Sounds like a great opportunity for our young QB's not to have to face complex defensive scheme's.