Jump up and get Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

check, check, and check. cept I hate Tim Tebow(as a pro qb) and think hes better suited as a FB/H-Back type player.

2. I hate Revis

I hate Revis Member

Sanchez should of never came out. Thats why his head coach was pissed. Look Carroll wanted him back for his team but this QB played against inferior talent in the pac 10 with a great team and did not put up Bradford numbers. He had 1 great game against Penn st. and he is coming out so he doesn't compete with Bradford,Tebow, and Colt Mccoy. Mcshay has him rated to high.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...you're completely wrong. That is all.

4. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I don't know about that, USC is stacked, Mitch Mustain and Aaron Corp were both highly rated QBs coming out of high school, I don't think USC will miss a beat, at least on offense.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Neither were rated higher than Mark Sanchez coming out of high school.

Mitch Mustain is the only QB on the Trojans' roster with any starting experience...and even though he went 8-0 as a starter, his stats were pretty bad - 9 TDs and 10 INTs. Darren McFadden and Felix Jones were the reason why Arkansas went 8-0 with Mustain.

Aaron Corp is extremely athletic, and looks to be the front runner in USC's QB race...he'd give USC a dual-threat QB for the first time in a long, long time.

Matt Barkley, 2009's top rated passer, could also be an option for the Trojans. Carroll may allow him to start as a true if Corp and Mustain don't pull ahead.

To answer your post though:

Who would you rather have at QB? A proven winner like Mark Sanchez that's been in the program for 4 coming on 5 years or an unproven, untested, unready quarterback like Mustain/Corp/Barkley?

I'd take Sanchez - and I still think Carroll is a douche for calling him out.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Kind of a myopic point of view. You need to look at more tape of Sanchez, he's played better than you think. Sanchez has his degree, and should go while the opportunity presents itself. He only has to compete against Stafford in this year's draft. USC is going to a completely different team in 2009......offensive coaches (Steve Sarkisian) have left and at least 3/4's of the outstanding defense is gone.

Sanchez may not be 100% ready for the NFL, but what QB is ready out of College? Sanchez made the correct decision and shouldn't look back.

#66 WW85, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

BUMPING.............. an interesting thread, before the Jet's drafted Sanchez......Good read....nice to look at the past.

A long thread...but worth the read.

Nice thread...MyFavMart!!!

MR E.....Sanchez's biggest supporter!!!

Not to rub it in.....MR E, Green Hurricane, Johnny 4 & Myself were the big Sanchez supporters...doesn't surprise me.

#67 WW85, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

90% of the time bumped threads make me look like an idiot, so I'm glad this one is going well so far.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I say we trade up with Mangini and get him at #5 overall and then he can start immediately and lead us to the playoffs.

10. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Hey, don't give me too many props, YEAH, i did start the thread, but I was so back and forth on making this move.

I never EVER doubted Sanchez could be a legit QB, but I just felt maybe we would have been better off getting a receiver or defensive player and the price may have been two first round picks which is a lot.

BUT you know what, even though I had that philosophy and I still do about building around the QB, everytime I saw Mark Sanchez in interviews or other segments, I was like man I want this guy. And not only that I knew and I think a lot of jet fans did too that he wanted to be a jet.

Even though he said the right things about not falling in love with one team anytime I saw him on SNY you could just tell it was all over his face he wanted to be a jet. I think he and Rex clicked instantly and he saw what baltimore did with Flacco so he knew he was going to a good situation.

I'll say this I am not too surprised that he is doing well, and I actually had him rated higher than Matt Ryan.

I really think this guy has at all.

#70 MyFavoriteMartin5, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

a little too early but you still get a.....
    :rofl:

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I have never been more happy to be wrong in my life...

13. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Well any credibility I ever had in evaluation prospects can now be thrown out the window. Thanks for bumping. Jerk.

14. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Mr.E has been pretty spot on with his evaluation.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Everyone is worng on a prospect at some point. This is a good reason never to come out too strong against a prospect. It looks real bad when your proven wrong.

If it makes you feel better, I thought Vince young could over come his awkward throwing motion to become a good NFL QB.

16. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Bad idea. It would cost WAAAAAAAYYYYY too much to move up for him. Prob this years 1 and 2 and 5 plus next years 1 or 2. We should only move up if Tanny can sucker some poor sap into a one-sided trade.

17. jrjrjr4

jrjrjr4 New Member

Pretty interesting thread in retrospect

18. Tolan

Tolan New Member

definetly agreed

19. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

3 quick notes. USC would be playing for a Natioinal Championship if he stayed. He would be the first QB taken if he stayed. I still like him better than any QB in last years or this years draft.

20. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Not gonna happen...he can't even do mop up duty. Although I thought he was going to be a good one, not great but good. That's what he gets for dating Paris Hilton