Somebody is making Jets fans look dumb. I hope they don't post here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jan 18, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2156&st=0&start=0

mangini4life's post:
    I know a lot of jets fan might tell you guys bad things about mangini, but they are mostly clueless. mangini took herm edwards no talent soft pussies and turn the team into a winner. we had 1 prowbowler in 2006, 0 in 2007 and 7 in 2008, mangini is a hardass like parcell and takes no excuses from anyone, and whoever doesn't fit his mold will find himself on the outside looking in. mangini is a hard working intense guy and he is all bussiness all the time. you will see him turn primadonnas like winslow jr and turn them into smart, hardworking, character players.

A. He is obviously an idiot.
    B. The Jets D was better under Herm if you ask me, 2004's D was rock solid and tough.
    C. He used Pro Bowls as a plus. Hilarious. :lol:

Read the whole thread. Its funny.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I will bet you dollars to donuts that the person that posted that, posts here. Because I know I read that argument somewhere on here where I was bitching at some tool that Mangini didn't take over a talentless ball club from Edwards.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I want my 2 minutes back.

4. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The Jets owner must be such an idiot then for firing such a genius. Mangini wasted the first two years with getting the players for his 3-4 defense. Then when he got the players, the 3-4 defense couldn't suck any more than it did. First he got torched only against the pass and then the last five games it got torched against the pass and with the running game. If Jenkins goes down, the defense turns into one of the worst defenses in the NFL because with anyone else but Jenkins at NT the defense turns into a rubble. And there can be no excuse that Sutton was the DC. Mangini admitted that he took over the defense towards the end of the season when it played at its worst.

5. The Dark Knight

Haha sorry about that. :) I went to the board to see their reaction on Mangini. And I noticed a couple things:

1. The Browns fans are obsessed with the Steelers. There is like 10 threads on the first couple pages about the Steelers. Thats sad.
    2. They are a loser franchise and they made me feel better about myself.
    3. Atleast they try to think positive. Although blindly, kind of like me in 2005.

6. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

I found this line, mentioned as a positive, the most hilarious. I can't think of a worse quality in a coach than one who can only coach guys who fit his precise mold.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

And Jets fans haven't been obsessed with the Patsies ? :wink:

8. The Dark Knight

Not near as much. Not even close.

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

In what way was 2006 wasted?

Also, what's the point in hiring a new coach if you force him to abandon his own ideas for those of the coach you just fired/got rid of? How can he then be accountable for the performance of that unit?

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

lol Mangini will never make it in Cleveland. Guranteed 4 losses to both the Ravens and Steelers. Probably will split with Bungels. He is doomed in Cleveland.

NYJ2k09 sick sig.

11. Satire?

Satire? Guest

LOL!!!
    HAHAHAHAaHAtheygetpaidmillionsperyearLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHAH:rofl::rofl::rofl:proathletesLOLOLOLOLOLOL

12. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Mangini was a fat emotionless belichek reject! The browns fans are going to have a fit when they are getting their asses handed to them by the steelers and all mangini is doing is standing there with his arms folded chewing his gum.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What a jackass. I liked our team under Herm far more than under mangini. If anything,Mangini took Herms leftovers to the playoffs his 1st year.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"I liked our team under Herm far more than under mangini."

They're both coach filler for perennially bad franchises.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

with herm and a healthy starting QB we saw the playoffs every time. As a Jet fan for 25 years,that was quite good.

17. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

*sigh* I will not sleep tonight wondering who this poster is.

18. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

He wasted the 2006 and 2007 seasons trying to force the 3-4 defense on the the wrong personnel. Dwayne Robertson and Pouha they are not 3-4 NTs. The DEs were not 3-4 linemen. The LBs, other than Harris were always getting roasted. Hobson is not a 3-4 OLB but try to tell Mangini that.

If you are a coach, what's the point of playing your own defense with the wrong personnel and then end up losing? In 2006 and 2007, he was able to turn the defense around when he took over from Sutton the last four or five games but he couldn't do it in 2008 when the other teams already had the book on him even though he had his 3-4 personnel. He was lucky to win a lot of close games in 2006. But a lot of fans who watched those games didn't feel too confident that the Jets were going to win. His luck eventually ran out the last two years.

You are always better off playing the system that's best suited for your personnel rather than trying to force your system on the wrong personnel. He got himself fired because of it.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Dware, is that you?

20. The Dark Knight

:rofl:I did not think of that. :up: