Spagnuolo to the Rams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 15, 2009.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

As per 1050 ESPN Radio.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

this might be in response to the Rams reportedly wanting to hire....are you ready for this....Rex Ryan, yes the Rams are interested in Rex Ryan he is the leading candidate for their HC vacancy and they are going to wait until after the championship game, I'm not kidding guy's I saw it on ESPN.

3. Quack

Quack New Member

This makes quack angry. Quack smash!

4. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

There has been talk about a second interview for days so I doubt it's in response to anything in particular. And honestly the Jets are in much better shape personnel wise than the Rams.

5. Salz

Salz New Member

rotoworld is reporting that leslie frazier is the favorite to become the Rams coach.

6. teedee83

teedee83 New Member

I read in one of the articles posted on the Jets site where they have the section called clippings that, Ryan would prefer the Jets over the Rams and also that Spags is friends with the Rams GM

7. Red Menace

let's hope so...I just saw the streamer on ESPN, but I have been reading and hearing on sports talk shows that LF is having some great interviews, the same way Mike Tomlin did.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rex would much rather be the Jets coach than the Rams coach. No doubt about that.

9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I thought the Ram players loved the interim and wanted him to stay?

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Who cares what the players want. Jim Haslett did nothing to keep that job. A fluke win in DC and a beat down of an overrated Cowboys team with no Romo?

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Much, much, much better shape.

12. Red Menace

however, what if he is allowed to bring in his own coaching staff? no questions asked no strings attached, then what?

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Heard about this earlier. Its a good thing where getting another look at Spags but is still say Ryan's the better choice and hopefully Woody thinks so too and gets Shotty Jr. outta his head right away. I would be happy with Rex or Spags but switching back to the 4-3 might be a set back.

14. mainejetsfan

mainejetsfan New Member

Just posted on NJ.com, Rams to hire Spagnuolo. One less competitor for Ryan.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's all falling in place now. Ryan will have to come here B/C his options are dwindling and we'll have to hire him for the same reason.

I just want this over with so our CS can settle down, watch some game film and start to figure out where we go from here.

Go Pittsburgh!

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

ryan wants to be here and the jets want him.. Jets obviously were never high on spags

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

www.jetsdaily.com

And the pieces finally begin to fall into place...

First reported by Bernie Miklasz, the St. Louis Rams have hired Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo as their new head coach.

This means the Jets' coaching search is essentially down to Rex Ryan and Brian Schottenheimer, with almost all signs pointing to Ryan.

Now, the Steelers just need to beat the Ravens tomorrow, so we can finally get this over with!

Otherwise, it's another two weeks for the Super Bowl. At least in that case, you'll be able to root for Ryan's Ravens. It feels kind of perverted rooting for the Steelers to beat the Ravens, essentially rooting against the next head coach.

In any case this is a major development, and it paves the way for Ryan.

I already mentioned Mike Pettine as Ryan's likely defensive coordinator. If Schottenheimer leaves, expect Hue Jackson to take the offensive coordinator position.

Jackson was the Ravens' quarterback coach this year, helping develop Joe Flacco in his rookie season. The previous three years, he coached Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and co. in Cincinnati as the wide receivers' coach. He's been an offensive coordinator only once before, with Washington in 2003, Steve Spurrier's final year there, and the only year the Ol' Ball Coach allowed someone else to call plays.

18. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Spagnolo to Rams

Steve Spagnolo has just taken the Rams job. 4 years 11.5 million.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/17/rams-hire-spagnuolo/

Reports out of St. Louis were all over the place over the last couple of days, but the Rams have finally landed their man. Adam Schefter is reporting that the Rams have hired Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo as their new head coach.

Per Schefter, it is a four-year, $11.5 million deal.

That leaves the Raiders and Jets as the only NFL teams without head coaches and leaves Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, all rumored to be front-runners for the job at one point or another, to chase other positions or return to their current jobs.

19. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

GREAT! News!!

YES! All my nightmares about switching to the 4-3 are no more!!

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

great!...i must've missed this info in the first thread about Spags going to the Rams.