Should we go after Peppers???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SyracuseJet, Jan 17, 2009.

1. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

lol. thats how i feel about the ridiculous threads started by guys who dont know football.

they know NAMES. STATs.
    but thats where it ends.

every big name free agent they feel it is necessary to ask what if when in reality, the hypothetical situations will never come to reality and the idea of adding any one of those players will hurt the team rather than help it.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Go watch some film.

3. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

some film on who? Peppers?

He's a beast. But he will never be on the Jets.

Bump.

4. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

Oh. and we will never DROP ellis, or cut Brett Favre to get the money for Peppers, as thi thread so wisely proposes we should do.

i wipe my ass with film.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It won't happen because of our cap situatuon, but wow that'd be awesome to have Peppers at OLB. 6'7" 283 is an interesting fit at OLB. BT for Peppers straight up LOL.

6. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

You guys are right. I mean, it's like spending last off-season talking about how we'd love to sign Jenkins and Faneca and Pace. Or when we started discussing the possibilty about getting Brett Favre JUST because we saw he may be traded. You guys are absolutely right. What the hell are we thinking? Discussing the possibility of the Jets signing a big name free agent.

NO MORE POSTS ABOUT FREE AGENTS.....The Jets will Draft every player that plays for them from now on.

Thank you guys for showing us the RIGHT way to post in TGG forums. You guys are the greatest.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

Lets move Ellis to SS. We need some power at that position. That opens up a spot for Peppers! And lets trade Brett for Peyton Manning and TJ Houshmanzadeh, different teams be damned! We should also sign Walter Peyton, I heard he was a FA? Someone dig up Tom Landry, he was a great coach!

8. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

It's always been that way, and it always will be.

9. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

He would play OLB in a 3-4.

But whoever signs him will probably have to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league, the Jets will not sign him.

10. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

um. no. jackass. the only player in my glorious opinion that was worth the money was Jenkins. Faneca gave up 7 sacks in 16 starts. and the other asshole, Damien Woody 6.5 sacks allowed in 16 starts. Brick had 4, Mangold had 2, and Moore had 2. All started 16 games.

Calvin Pace was solid. Not great enough to be worth a signing bonus of $20 million and $22 million in total guarantees.

Ty Law was also a free agent we acquired during the season. To fix the secondary, instead Law made it more mediocre.

So Yes.... Um. I'm a proponent that the best way to build your team is through free agency?? negative.

We tried the "win now" approach by bringing in a Hall of Famer QB, that had too much pride not to bench himself, or indicate to the staff he was playing with a fucking torn bicep?!

David Bowens we also picked up as a free agent 2 seasons ago. He's awful too.

i AM the greatest.
    your welcome.

#30 .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::., Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nah...he's 6'7 285 - he'd play DE.

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

Fact! No one signed via FA agency ever works out! Ever!

13. SyracuseJet

What the hell did any of that have to do with what I said? Reading comprehension, it's a great class.

14. SyracuseJet

Please tell me your just kidding...

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

Holy crap.

16. SyracuseJet

Had to ask...with some people on here, you never know what they truly may believe.

17. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

all the players i mentioned were free agents last season or two ago.
    minus brick and mangold and moore

your being a smartass saying that people that post against all this Free Agency What If bullshit are saying that the draft is the only way to make the team better, and that with acquisitions like jenkins. pace. favre. that they came to fruition when they were being mentioned on the forum.

your point is that the free agents we acquired were mentioned as possible pick ups, and it actually happened.

i'm telling you that yes, we did get them. but 90% of them suck ass.

fine tune your literacy and dialogue or your children will be born stupid.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

is there really a need to be a complete douchebag just because you dont like a thread?

ok the guy screwed up the title, big fuckin deal.

ok the situation really doesnt fit as things are TODAY, however who on here knows what defense we are going to play or who is going to be the dc? NONE OF YOU.

of course someone is going to post a thread about every free agent that could be available or anyone that could be available through a trade, they are looking for your OPINION ON THE MOVE, they are not looking for everyone to call them stupid or retarded or an asshole for simply asking a question.

of course these threads can get old, deal with it. if you dont have an opinion on the question asked just move the fuck on. there is absolutely no need for there to be 2 pages on this thread as half of the posts are nothing more than bashing of the OP.

and yes there was a time last year when the guys we did bring in were talked about. and some of them were long shots yet we still talked about it and put our thoughts in the forum so we could all say what we think. the fact they were good or bad has nothing to do with talking about the possibility of getting a guy or how you think he might fit.

to the OP, i really dont think that peppers would be a good fit in our defense as it currently stands, who knows what will happen but i dont see him being a 3-4 guy. the des in the 3-4 are the big dirties who get no attention. peppers is a bigtime player who would want to do more than run into the tackle and guard on every play. and he would be far less effective. its also tough to pay what he is making or is going to make for a de in this defense.

i dont see us cutting ellis either, not sure on his cap figures but i am imagining that it would probably cost us to cut him. if i am wrong please let me know. now favre on the other hand i expect to be cut, i hope to be cut. he will hamper the team if we pay him 13 million dollars next year. it really all comes down to what defense we decide to play, then at that point we could start to think about what it would cost us, which is a whole other story.

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm all for Peppers if the Jets can make it happen. I doubt it though. Get rid of Favre and some other cuts and we will see I guess.

20. SyracuseJet

Thanks for some actual imput.