Who do you want? Rey Ryan, Steve Spagnuolo or Brian Schottenheimer ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jan 13, 2009.

?

Who do you want to be the next Jets Head Coach

1. Rex Ryan

89.1%
  2. Steve Spagnuolo

4.0%
  3. Brian Schottenheimer

3.4%
  4. Other (who?)

3.4%
  1. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

We should send the results of the poll to Woody.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Of those three I like Ryan. Actually the other guy I would like to see in the running is Shanahan. I used to like the Spags idea, but there's the issue with the base set on D, and imo his own probable preference to eventually replace Coughlin. Just guessing, but still.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

1. Ryan
    2. Schottenheimer
    3. Spagnuolo

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan. He brings alot of experiance and a nasty defensive mentality.

5. jets1996

jets1996 Banned

Forget about them get a better coach then them stupid homos

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I want a tobacco chewing, in your face yelling, mask grabbing coach!

REX!

7. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

As some others have said, it is a bad idea to hire a coach based on your current personel. A coach needs to be able to run what he thinks will be the most effective for him and we need to hire the most effective coach. Going to 4/3 from 3/4 is not nearly as difficult as the other way around. With that said, I like Rex. Not because he will keep the 3/4 because his 3/4 will be different from Mangini's and regardless there will be a learning curve. I want him because I like his attitude and his presence. He generates appreciation and respect from his players. They like him and they like to play for him. If he can parlay that into the HC position, he could be very good.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We hired our past 2 HCs with that line of thinking and both forced schemes that did not fit the personnel. It would be just another 'rebuilding' disaster to hire a HC whose schemes did not fit the players on the team.

I understand your line of thinking, but I don't trust the FO and ownership to make the right choice on a coach that can rebuild and coach of a drastically different scheme. They have done nothing to prove they can.

9. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

I want Schotty. And even though I dared to say I'd take his "defensive minded" father as my OC and Herm as my DC...I'd be willing to pencil Jeff Jagodzinski in as OC, and Marty as DC.
    It is not crazy to think that a father, who has nothing to prove to anyone about success despite a terrible playoff record, would consider taking a less glamorous job to have the ability to work with his son. You can never underestimate a family's motives.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I voted Schotts for shits and giggles, but god damn this is one of the most lopsided polls I've ever seen.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I still want the Jets to wait and talk to Shannahan. It won't happen but that's what I really want.

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Based on this and every other poll, if Woody wants to fill seats he better pick Rex!

Rex will be fun and exciting to watch, whether win or lose!

I predict a lot of winning and blitzing!

13. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

My Charger buddy convinced me this weekend that Marty Shotty would be a good hire but he doesn't even seem to be on the table. With Marty as HC, I can deal better with little shotty as OC.

14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Revis - I'm with you on that but am willing to take a shot with Ryan. I feel we can identify with his style of football making him a fan favorite.

Do we not like Spagnoulo because he is a lesser coach than Ryan or because he is a coach from the Giants?
    Personally, I don't want a guy from the Giants. Childish reasoning if he is the best man for the job. I want the Jets to step out from behind the Giants shadow. A monumental task to say the least. But taking their D-coordinator seems almost like taking a step backwards in that department.

15. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Parcells

I think he's waiting for ross to buy the fins then he'll take the 12 mill he's owed and run . rumors say he got the coaching itch again. and this team is set up perfect for his style. with a little fine tuna-ing and the picks to do it this may be right up his alley.

16. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

PARCELLS
    I think he's waiting for ross to buy the fins then he'll take the 12 mill he's owed and run . rumors say he got the coaching itch again. and this team is set up perfect for his style. with a little fine tuna-ing and the picks to do it this may be right up his alley.

17. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Rex In Fx!!!