New Stadium? New Unis? Better Luck?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 12, 2009.

1. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

remember when the JETS came out in their new/ old uni's ?

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I think the OP wasn't trying to make a point about the actual appearance of the unis -- which is how, I think, you're interpreting this. I think his point is to cut whatever ties we can to the years of losing, the SB drought, and one of those ways is to change up the unis a bit.

(Btw, I just recognized your handle. Funny allusion.)

3. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

When the Jets went back to their old uni's in 1998, I wasnt happy because it reminded me of the glory years of Joe Willie.I was happy because they loooked 1000000 times better than the 90's unis with the hideous black trim.

4. The Uniform Bomber

Yeah, I remember they were pretty ugly, looking like a high school uni or something. We won and lost wearing them, but it was neat to revert to the old school; and it was a nice change, "change" being the operative word here.

5. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I've never really equated the uniform with legacy, noastalgia etc.

All I know is that the Jets have a classy uniform and to change that would be foolish imo.

Especially when most of the recent changes teams have made have been for the worse.

If the Jets came out in unis like the Bills I'd vomit.

6. The Uniform Bomber

Oh wups, I thought he meant the NY Titans unis.

7. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

DAMN..............I love the current uni's and I hope they keep em..............I guess we can all agree to disagree....I'm OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! see ya !!!!

8. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

The Titans uniform was stupid. Once was enough.

9. The Uniform Bomber

Yeah, I guess we'd need someone with some fashion savvy to design them. I think Beyonce does the Nets unis (or maybe it's the Nets' cheerleaders unis?). Maybe Marc Jacobs or Ben Sherman can come up with something good for the Jets.

By the way, I'm kidding. Sort of.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's what I've been saying all along. :beer:

11. The Uniform Bomber

Don't worry, man, I feel ya.

12. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I've always just been much more of a fan of the classic, traditional jerseys.

The Bills are embarrassing to me. The throwbacks they wear are light years better.

13. The Uniform Bomber

It's interesting because what people wear actually affects them mentally. I'm not saying this is absolutely true for football (or any sport) players.

But I remember reading an scientific article in Psychology about students in schools where uniforms were mandated, versus students in Public schools where they could wear their own clothes (within the dress code). I don't remember the actual results, but the students who were allowed to wear their own clothes reported to being more positive and enjoy their overall school experience more.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the football, player talent, and winning championships, but the interesting point is that what you wear can affect your mentality.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I hate the current Bills getups, but loved the ones they wore in the 1960s, which are the throwbacks they wear on occasion these days.

And, yes, I really do not like the Alabama helmets.

I am neither an old school uni fan or a new school uni fan. Some old-style unis I like and some I hate. Ditto the new school stuff.

15. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

The current uniforms are the best leave them alone. It brings back the old school Jets and tradition. Being the NFL allows throwbacks I would like to see the 80s era uniforms be worn along with the Titans for various games. The current ones are among the tops in the league. Plus who the hell wants to spend all that money on new merchandise.

16. keypusher

keypusher Member

This thread might be more productive if someone who wants to change the uniform could show what he had in mind.

17. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

Your right. I say keep the uniforms the way they are, but change just a little. keep the helmets the way they are, because they are bad ass. As far as the jersey don't change absolutely nothing, not a stripe on the side or anything. Only put the name on the front of the jerseys like the eagles, and the name would be spelled in the same style as the old green helmets used to say JETS on them. Or you could always leave the NY JETS patch on the left side of the shoulder like they currently do, I think that looks pretty cool too. The pants would be the only thing I would do major work on. White pants would have the same stripe as the Cards, only the color of the stripe would obviously be green, and it'll go with the green jersey just like they do now. Green pants would be the same thing as the white only the opposite, where as the stripe instead of green would be white of course, and they would go with the white Jerseys. I also believe they should keep using the Titans uniforms as throwbacks, but they should also alternate using the ugly old 80's and 90's uniforms as well.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

All those teams unis blow chunks.

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

All those teams unis blow chunks.

I like the Green and White.

I like these unis.

I want to be able to identify with the '68 team. Changing unis doesn't change who you are.

20. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

This reminds me of the Halloween costumes from the 80s where you wore a Hulk Mask, and a Hulk T-Shirt with a Cartoon Hulk on the front.

I never thought about the Raiders Logo that way, its kinda funny

I love the Green and White, i love the name but we could go with a different design, no black for me though just Green and White, I hate tricolour schemes