Arizona vs. Carolina Divisional Playoff Game

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cakes, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am confident the Cardinals would beat the Eagles. I said as much to an Eagles fan on Friday and it was not bluster. I don't put any stock in the Thanksgiving game because the Cards flew east after a brutal game vs. the Giants. I don't know what the league was thinking about when they scheduled the Cardinals to play on Thanksgiving. The Eagles should have played an East coast team that night. It was as bad a scheduling move I've seen in 25 years. Perhaps the very worst, in fact. Furthermore, the Cards didn't have great motivation to win that game and it got away from them rather quickly.

But I've been awful with my playoff picks thus far (3-3) and the Eagles must win tomorrow.

Look at the following comment from only three weeks back to see how quickly things can change.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I admit that I haven't played on a punt coverage team myself, but it seems to be pretty simple when the guy has just caught the ball and hasn't even had a chance to make a move.

In that case there were no blockers in the area. If a guy can't make that play, he shouldn't be on special teams.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I agree with you on the Cards beating the Eagles. They've been solid at home. I wasn't sure they would beat the Falcons, but once I heard the crowd and saw them feed off that emotion I knew they'd take it. It'll be even louder when they host the Championship game. The Chargers are a dangerous team right now, but I'm rooting for a Cards/Steelers SB. Let's see what happens.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It would be absolutely hysterical if the Super Bowl involved teams from both Western divisions, which had a total of 1 team out of 8 over .500 between them and a record of 21-63 in games outside the division. Arizona and San Diego each only made the playoffs because they beat up teams in their own divisions - they were each 3-7 outside the division.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, it would be crazy.

I think it would be crazier if you simply thought about it this way-
    Norv Turner vs the Cardinals

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

That would be pretty funny. I'll even take it a step further and say, watch it go down as one of the greatest SB matches ever. A high-scoring game, that maybe goes into double OT. That would only seal the deal on this crazy season. It would be amazing to see an 8-8 or 9-7 team win the SB and a team like the Patriots with an 11-5 record doesn't even play a down in the playoffs.

Just saying...

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Most passes had intercepted, postseason game since the AFL-NFL merger

Brett Favre, Packers vs. Rams, 2001 Divisional playoff

Mike Phipps, Browns vs. Dolphins, 1972 Divisional playoff
    Dan Pastorini, Oilers vs. Steelers, 1978 AFC Championship
    Dan Fouts, Chargers vs. Oilers, 1979 Divisional playoff
    Tommy Kramer, Vikings vs. Eagles, 1980 Divisional playoff
    Dan Fouts, Chargers vs. Dolphins, 1982 2nd Round playoff
    Richard Todd, Jets vs. Dolphins, 1982 AFC Championship
    Gary Danielson, Lions vs. 49ers, 1983 Divisional playoff
    Jay Schroeder, Raiders vs. Bills, 1990 AFC Championship
    Rich Gannon, Raiders vs. Buccaneers, 2002 Super Bowl
    Jake Delhomme, Panthers vs. Cardinals, 2008 Divisional playoff

8. GoJets111

GoJets111 Member

Carolina was absolutely demolished. They were my pick for the SB idk who im going to root for now.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Cardinals - Chargers Super Bowl!!

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the possibility that Arizona will host the NFC Championship Game.

Keep in mind that I thought they were better than most gave them credit for. I picked them to beat Atlanta. They were a much better team than their last few games.

And how about the NFC West (worst division in football) beating two teams from the NFC South (best division in football)?