Question: How many of the people who post...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::., Jan 10, 2009.

?

Your experience in football?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2009.
  1. Played. (... all-state, all-american, all-planet, if all-planet existed...)

73 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Coached. (... call me Tom Landry, minus the hat)

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Avid Sideline Reporter. (... my doctor said physical activity excites my asthma)

24 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Football? (... like American Football? I thought this was soccer.)

12 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

To all the members of TGG.com:

How many of the people who grace us with their insurmountable football
    knowledge have actually played football, coached, or at least have been on a sideline?

It seems to me that most of the people who post. Watch the NFL, and college...and have no idea what the fuck x's and o's are until Madden or another sportscaster takes out the pen and draws it up on the tv screen.

Or... they wait to listen to Merrill Hoge, Chris Berman, and Mel Kiper on ESPN.

There have been so many bullshit threads on this site that dont even make sense within the context of the game, and when some people talk football. Its sad.

Just curious.

2. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I think that a really good portion of of our posters played at least in high school, and I'm pretty sure we have at least a handful or two of college/semi-pro/lower level pro players around here....

And for the record, I played high school (just about every position on the field- QB, FB, LG, CB, S, LB, DT, DE), two years of D1AA college (SS), and am going into my third year of semi-pro (WOLB).... Had a try out with the Albany Conquest (now the Firebirds) of AF2 lined up last fall, but f*cked my thumb up in a game for my current team, destroying any chance I had of making a good impression (also making my tackling God-awful for the last 3 games of the season)...

#2 Beamen, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Question: Why did you post this in the New York Jets' forum?

Just curious.

To stay on track though, I played strong safety in high school -- that doesn't really matter though. It didn't help me become that much more knowledgeable...I know a lot about the college game because I pay very close attention to just about everything about it: recruiting, schemes, coaches, conferences, players, etc.

BTW, I consider you one of the people that rarely knows what they're talking about...

4. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

But how many of those high school players understood a playbook?

Thats my question. I know kids who were career sideline backups that never saw the field and don't know a Z-Back from an H-Back.

I'm just annoyed with all of these bogus threads that make honest to god claims of fact, i.e. Calvin Pace can play DE... and it bothers me because its bullshit and everyone knows he can't.

5. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

Sorry. I was caught up in the moment. I didnt think to put it in another section.

6. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

HAHA good man

7. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

I'm the opposite. I started at corner, halfback, slot, special teams (gunner/wing, and returned kicks and punts). My coach used a spread formation, jet formation, etc etc.

I learned everything about football by playing it, thats why some of the best coaches are those who played. They understand the on-field experience, the speed of the game, and can empathize with players' experiences.

I am able to break down film from the NFL and college, much more than just the average fan who watches espn countdown, and the games on sunday.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Pace was drafted by the Cardinals to play defensive end - he played defensive end in college at Wake Forest.

He was much more successful in the NFL as an OLB, but that doesn't mean he can't line up at 4-3 DE anymore.

This is an honest to god claim.

9. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

dont be upset i add substance to how bad your draft analysis is. its like if mel kiper and matt mayock had a baby. u would be that love child.

ur drafts are pretty useless, because they have no real chance of coming to fruition. not one of your projected round selections.

10. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

He can't, does not equal be good.

He's good as an OLB who can play close to the line in a 3-4 defense.
    He's not good as a DE (AT THE NFL LEVEL).

compare his stats.

and when he was at wake forest, he was a Man playing amongst Boys.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

13. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I made secondary calls as a senior...it's not that hard to learn the game if you put in the work.

I was a quarterback until I was a sophomore and I didn't get any taller -- I knew the terminology at that position as well. We played in a veer offense.

You must be pretty go to start at all of those positions...it's either that or you go to a small private school.

Urban Meyer played safety and just safety - he's now considered to be one of the best OFFENSIVE coaches in the game.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You remind me of RaiderJeaux mixed with JetsLookingForDWare/Don.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Newbie!! I've around a while, and poster's with attitudes like your's don't last too long.........relax man.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Played outside Linebacker in HS, actually got college offers, but ended up having a kid. Its all good I love my daughter.

18. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Pace CAN play DE, he just doesn't play it well. He also had a little trouble covering TE's this year.

19. quadcityjetsfan76

I played up to my freshman year of high school. At that time, I decided partying and playing baseball was better for a guy of my size. I was a smurf until my junior year. I have always been a freak about stats though.

20. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Agreed, Holy Smokes an overreaction of the ninth degree, seriously wow, whats next a who can bench the most competition "ONLINE"