Brian Schotty for HC; MARTY Schotty for OC; HERM for DC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Hear me out.
    Brian Schotty has already proven himself to be HC material just by the amount of interviews he's taken the past two years. If NFL executives who have a lot more experience than any of us deem he's worthy, than he is. He was limited with Chad because of Chad's limitations; he was limited by Favre for Favre's limitations*. But he called creative plays that weren't executed properly, more often than not.
    *(I still think a healthy Favre is better than a healthy Clemens/Ratliff next season and I'd like to see him for one more year. If for anything else, Ratliff could use the mentoring and if he's NOT ready for '10, we can sign a FA, draft a better QB than will be available in '09, or make a trade on an expiring contract. But I think Favre was fun for 11 games and despite a terrible collapse by all involved the last 5, I think he still has enough left to finish his contract with us more gracefully).
    Plus, there's continuity with the plays and the personnel which saves a year of adjustments. The players have liked him in SD and here. Management likes him enough to repeatedly interview him around the league.

Herm's gone in KC. Marty's availability probably depends on his son's employment. Marty mentored Herm. There's continuity all around. Herm was successful enough to take Bill Parcell's salvageables to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, and like Mangini...his record deserved more respect than his likability by the fans. You cannot argue that he was successful here, no matter how much you hated his playcalling, or for better or worse, him. Herm might not be an ideal HC, but he will always be a worthy DC - experience and rapport with players are highly regarded factors. Players like to rah! rah! for Rah! Rah! coaches, which Herm is and will always be. And if the Mike Martzs and Jim Fassels of the league can take demotions to be OC's...Herm can be humbled back into a DC.

Martyball is painful to watch, like paint drying or grass growing. But with TJ, Leon and Tony...we have the right ingredients. I wish we could upgrade the OL at the RT position, and take or steal a #1 WR. But I think with Favre playing Joe Montana-for-the-Chiefs-like under Marty, and Herm living vicariously through the young guns from our backfield...all the while offering sage advice to our newly-appointed, promoted HC...it might be a fun coaching staff.

This is not a sinking ship folks. You are all delusional as usual. We have great talent that simply needs guidance in these trying times. We will be better in '09 and open our new stadium with hope and optimism in '10.

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

it took one sentence to hear you out. schotty jr sucks

3. GreenMachine

How can he go back to something he never was?

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

note that shotty has been interviewed but NOT offered a job by any of these people who know better than us.

and you lost me when you suggested we bring that complete and total piece of shit sperm edwards in for anything other than sweeping the parking lot, as a matter of fact i wouldnt even trust that toolbag to do that.

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Herm got fired?

6. GreenMachine

No, but I heard he wants to go on a cruise.

7. alleycat9

i have heard nothing about herm getting fired, they are supposedly waiting for the new gm to be placed first and he will make the decision, however there is alot of sentiment that herm has coached his last game in kc. poor kc, they dont deserve to have to deal with him.

although they just may hold onto him due to his incessant bullshit.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

Herm Edwards as our DC? Good one.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So wtf would we do with our 3-4 defense if Herm came in to be DC? Switch over again? UGH.... REX RYAN PLEASE.

10. alleycat9

the mere fact that he suggested herm edwards tells me he didnt think his post through. if he would suggest that of course he didnt think about the fact that the defenses are completely different and that herm couldnt figure out how to run a 3-4 in decades.

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

God, that's absurd.

12. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I do not wish to see Herm back here in ANY capacity.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't think Marty's going to be an OC, even under his son, though I have no clue at all. I'd be shocked if Herm came back here though. This wouldn't be the worst idea, but that's almost too much experience for a rookie coach to be around.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That's a pretty funny statement coming from someone who is suggesting that Herm Edwards be the DC of the Jets.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Stop making threads.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

This is one of the worst threads i think i've ever seen.

17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

this is the worst mix of coaches i've ever heard of...i feel like our team might be too conservative to come out of the locker room.

18. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This seems the proper thread:

Romeo Crennell for Head Coach!!!

19. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

FYI, Marty has never been an OC, only a DC.

This post make me want to throw up.

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

that only helps this thread...with that, can we please have al davis buy this team and make matt millen the new gm?