When Did You Turn on Brett Favre?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Namath2Kolber, Dec 31, 2008.

?

When did you decide you hate Favre?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. I always hated him, even back when he was on the Packers

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. The moment the Jets signed him

18 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Once he started sucking the last 5 games of the season

46 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. When I found out he was the reason Mangini got fired

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. When I heard he's the reason Cowher won't come here

15 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I don't like the false gee shucks attitude, when behind the scenes he is a manipulative prick. I didn't like him when I found out about why Mangini was fired, not because I like Mangini, I didn't like him either but I don't like why he was fired

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I'll take F: all of the above.

I actually didn't mind him until he started pulling that prima donna shit with retirement on the Packers. Didn't want him around here. Then I found out that we were going to have to put up with that shit here, and for a washed up QB. Then the Detroit phonecall when he was supposed to be studying the Jets playbook. Then he started sucking really bad. Then his presence Mangini gets fired. Then it seems Woody will choose him over legendary coaches, his own loyal fans, and common sense.

Fuckin Burt...I wish we ended up with Jeff Garcia instead.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I started to dislike the man when he began his whole retirement bullshit year in and year out. After I had to hear the "Will Brett Favre retire?" question three times per hour on ESPN from December to June, that's when I got sick of him.

4. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

WHY IS THE MAJORITY that people hated Favre because he was forced to join the jets?

5. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Because I do a lot of betting here in Vegas, I followed his results for the last 3 years. He was always losing ATS in the late season game...therefore I could fade him and do OK....I did!

Pretty much thought that his body couldn't stand up to a 16 game sched, sorry as a JET fan to find the same thing happened this season.
    Go back in history as see what namath, Montana and other QB's did when the original team droped them and they fell of the screen in the last attempt to recapture the glory days. Good for a few W's, but not a season.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You're Deanna Favre, aren't you?

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

i hear what you're saying, but Montana is a bad example. He went to the AFC Championship game - i think Marty Schottenheimer was his coach.

edit: As to the OP. I don't think I ever "turned on BF". I still like him as a player for what he did accomplish, but I do recognize he's probably not the best guy for the Jets anymore. It looks like he has hit that brick wall that many aging athletes do.

#27 WhiteShoeWillis, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  8. BIGBOYJENKS77

BIGBOYJENKS77 New Member

Once he started sucking the last 5 games of the season

9. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

When he sat down to give his golfing buddy Strahan the sack record. :mad:

10. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

I have designed polls professionally. If you're trying to find out why those that turned on him turned on him, there's nothing wrong with your poll. :wink:

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

great point!

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The game where I finally lost my faith in him was the Seattle game. That was actually one of the worst games I have ever seen him play. It was the biggest game of our season (at that point in time) against a 2-win team (at that point in time) and he played like a buffoon. It was an utterly disgraceful performance. It was after that game that I knew deep in my heart that our season was over and that I never again wanted to see him take another snap for the New York Jets.

Since then, my disgust for him has grown slowly but surely, day by day. In my opinion, Mangini was made a scapegoat for Favre's absurdly poor play down the stretch. What's even worse is that Woody made it obvious during his press conference that he wants to keep Favre at all costs. This infuriates me. And finally, what truly disgusted me, was to read that Favre objected to Mangini treating him the same as he treated the other 52 players on the active roster.

#32 slimjasi, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I never really hated him. I understood the risk reward with him and the time it takes to gel with your new teammates. All of us have watched him lob balls to running backs and throw dangerous passes before , some were amazing and others were just stupid. It was bound to happen ,but to the extent of non-chemistry that unraveled was not predictable. If he come back next year , it will be very much the same. Its Brett Farve ya'll .

14. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

I still love the guy, and he is not the reason Cowher is not coming. The clueless Jets ownership is the reason he passed on the jets.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

There should be another choice:

I still love 'ol Bretty.

16. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

COWHER WAS NEVER GOING TO COME HERE!!! HE DOESN'T WANT TO COACH THIS YEAR!!! WHY IS EVERYBODY BLAMING BRETT OR ANYTHING ELSE ON THAT??? Why wouldn't he go to Cleveland? Doesn't like Quinn?

17. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Favre haters are as stupid as Chad haters. BF really hasn't done anything to hurt this team, the problem is the same problem the Jets always have, coaching. It was obvious by mid season that BF is useless on deep throws. Then at the end of the season we spent a lot of time trying to come from behind, that increases the number of deep passes BF throws and thus increases INTs. But the real problem was the coaching staff asking him to throw deep in the first place. Anyway, too many Jet fans just can't see the real reason this is a joke franchise, bad coaches. Not because of Chad, not because of Brett, because of one bad coach after another.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

never turned on him. Knew Fave before I knew the Jets.

Fan of him 1st means he wins. But i'm not excusing his play in the recent months. But he can't be blamed 100% for all of it. Why were they throwing more than they were passing when down by 3 pts?

19. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

But wasn't he brought here because (unlike Chad) of his (past) ability to throw the deep pass and to open up the vertical passing game? To me, bringing him here was a real head scratcher. We have 3 decent young QB's on the roster. Last season, with all the free agents, I figured that it would be a wash as the team learned to jell. Wouldn't that have been a good time to find out exactly what we have on the bench so we would know for sure weather or not we need to draft a franchise QB in the not too distant future?

20. jackfactor

jackfactor New Member

When he did the Greta interview last of season. Got personal with TT - did not need to happen. He retired ad waited until after the draft in which the Packers selected two QBs to back up Rodgers to say he wanted back in.
    I love him, his jersey hangs in my office, I will drive to Canton for his retirement. He is my favorite football player of all time. But, he is a regular, average guy with not much life experience in relationship management and an egocentric/great athelete. I don't have to live with him or sleep so he remains my favorite player.
    Don't blame him for still wanting to play but in hindsight he should have stayed retired. Now you guys are going through what we went through for years.
    Sure was great when they were 8-3 though