Sources: Cowher didn't want to coach Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Dec 31, 2008.

1. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/83432-sources-cowher-didnt-want-to-coach-favre

2. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

So where's the problem Woody?

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wow, Favre has messed alot up for this Franchise.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

That's just what I was thinking, Favre is ruining the Jets.

5. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Why would any coach want to be saddled by Favre? His poor play made him the player most responsible for Mangini getting fired. Other coaches know this and don't need him around as they start their Jet career. It's suicide to have him as your # 1 QB.

6. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

woody chooses favre over mangini and cowher

WOW

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Let's be reasonable here for a second, I know we; as Jets fans are not used to that. But, if this has any truth to it at all, then it's not because Favre is not a good quarterback. It's because Cowher didn't want to be stuck between a rock and a hardplace with Favre. He didn't want Woody doing the same thing to him, that he made Mangini go through, which was pretty much keep Favre on the field regardless of what the situation is, revolve the entire offense around him, and paint him as the savior of the franchise. The only reason that Favre was brought here was to sell PSL's and keep us in the paper. Cowher doesn't want to work with a team that doesn't care about winning games at this current point in time. You can argue that they paid a ton of money to players to bring this team to the Playoffs, but the truth of the matter is, you can't buy a Superbowl. This isn't baseball.

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

A future HOF coach knows better than to take a job where the 40 year old Qb with Calcium deposits has more pull than he does.

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The problem is not Favre's ability on the field. You could definitely do worse. The problem is that Favre thinks he knows better than his coach and his GM. Back in Green Bay he was always calling for this player and that player and didn't get what he wanted and then cried about it. I'm sure he's impossible to coach - thinks he knows everything and that nothing is his fault. And yet he's a cash cow so any GM will stick by him.

Basically, Green Bay gave us the monkey's paw, if you remember that story and I'm sure they're having a good laugh about it now.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Favre has found a way to hold another franchise hostage. I HATE YOU BRETT FAGVRE.

11. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

"The problem is not Favre's ability on the field. You could definitely do worse."

Really? Who threw more interceptions? What individual players mistakes hurt the Jets more than Favre's over the last five games?

Look at the last four seasons. It's obvious 2007 was the aberration. This guy is done, and has been for a while now. I can't blame Cowher at all, and as a Packers fan the decision to go with Rodgers looks better every day.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Espn reported about ten minutes ago that the future HC of the NY Jets will have say in Brett's Favre future with the Jets

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Can all of you people who were overjoyed at the prospect of bringing this washed up egotistical prima donna here now admit you were dead wrong!

In 5 months this guy has cost us:

Pennington
    The Coaching Staff
    A playoff berth (with a late season collapse and the indignity of losing the division to Pennington)
    $12 million in cap space
    Cowher

He has singlehandedly ruined this franchise. I won't say I told you so, but I did. I was against this move because it was clear to any person with the ability to think beyond the season that we would be right where we are - hamstrung by a washed up QB and his inability to decide to retire. This was a monumental mistake and maybe the biggest in the history of this sorry franchise. So all you fans looking for that instant gratification without thinking about the future - you got what you wanted. The Jets have been on the back pages of the papers and have been the talk of the NFL - for all the wrong reasons. Thanks for pushing the Jets to do this and thanks to the Jet FO for being stupid enough to listen to its idiotic fan base. Congratulations!!!

14. rillo

rillo New Member

Fuck ESPN!

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The first two are major pluses so what are you bitching about?

16. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

"A source familiar with Cowher's thinking"

That is what we are relying on with this report. This can literally be anybody that considers themselves a "football expert." Why do people continue to buy into half the media articles they read. Most of these reports are contradicted within days of being reported.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

18. FOURTHANDLONG

You think they would have learned by now. Sad thing is they will try to throw around more money until we are forced to do what we should have when Chad first blew up his arm. Rebuild. Clemens and Ratliff could have done the same thing Farve did and at least we would know where to go for the future. It amazes me that people don't see we should have started the rebuilding process four years ago. The latest shot at shooting rubber bands at the sky have cost us another two or three seasons. The next coach will be a lame duck one anyway.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

when we were 8-3 and beat Titans and Pats I'm sure all Brett Haters were happy...now it's I told you so.....the only thing on your list that is not worth losing is salary cap space...Playoffs were coaching staffs fault not all on Brett.

sorry not meant to be offensive

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It amazes me that people still can't see, even after this season, that losing Pennington was a mistake. It wasn't enough that he led the Dolphins to the division title, but to do it on the last day of the season in the Meadowlands???? What more do you need to see that this guy is a winner. I give up - there is no talking to some of you who are just unable to accept that they completely and utterly misjudged Pennington.