Brett Favre Does Not Require Major Surgery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Section 227. Row 5, Dec 30, 2008.

1. BRUSCHI54

BRUSCHI54 New Member

Will the surgery help him read defenses??

2. keypusher

keypusher Member

Care to back that up with actual data? And do you think the average QB's stats go down as much as Farve's do? Besides, no one who plays in the same division as the Vikings and the Lions plays in bad weather every week.

Are the Jets moving to San Antonio? Has winter been abolished? If not, then that should make you more concerned, not less.

3. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

It happens to be Favre's fault that the packers didn't make the superbowl last year, it happens to be mostly Favre's fault that the team began to fall apart in 03-04.

It was Favre's fault for some int he made that tossed the jets outta the playoffs.

That wasn't what we are arguing about on this thread, though, and what are you talking about me being a forum mod?

#103 jigglebilly, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Beat the crap out of the fans who said that he was faking it.

5. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

LOL

He will have to use his left arm though, so he can preserve the right for next season.

6. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Brett Favre had an MRI earlier in the season that showed absolutely nothing!!!

Now he has some pain, most of the damage was done when he threw his coach under the bus!!!

7. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Mangini didn't deserve to be fired, but I definatly see the reasoning, so how bout we all stop playing the blame game.

Favre failed, Mangini Failed, the Team failed.

8. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

So what your saying is stop telling the truth and start posting bull sh*t, right?

9. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

No, you're right about it being Favre's fault, and then other people explain about Mangini being the reason, they both failed in their own way, but I can't stand the bickering about how there is only one person who singlehandedly ruined the team and people are constantly trying to blame someone.

But I'm just trying to say there was failures by a lot of the players, and coaches, and one man didn't really destroy the team, they just failed work hard when other parts of the team were faltering, it's a team sport and the team lost.

Does explain it?

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Yes but my first post was about a "so called injury" that never was there, not about blame.

Woody wants Favre back, Mangini never wanted Favre, if you don't think that's not why Mangini ended up under the bus, I don't know what to tell you.

Did you hear their press conference? They had nothing but good things to say about him, the only reason he got canned was Brett Favre!!!

#110 Jaded Green, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

This makes his decision to retire all that easier.

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"Now he has some pain, most of the damage was done when he threw his coach under the bus!!!"

Yeah, I hear ya, that was quite a heavy load to throw under the bus.

13. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

First off I agree Favre is done. No cortisone or HC the caliber of Cowher is going to shake that concept.
    I don't blame him for coming back after the 2007. He is competitive, and frankly, Thompson motives are questionable at best (Ahmed Green, then Favre, Driver is probably next). I don't blame the JETS- I thought it was a good move- in a word exciting, a feeling that lasted up till about 3:30 on 11/30. But the leroy neiman painting is on the wall- time to go.

Addressing your point - albeit a good one:

2005: The ratings are misleading. Non-existent running game employing 3rd stringer Tony Fisher? after Gadkon & Green got hurt. A poor defense too resulting in several blowouts, ie 3-48 vs Ravens. Not good examples - these were not the 07 Packers.

2006: Again, the ratings are misleading. Out of the last 5 games the Packers won 4. A W is a W. This was the the beginnings of a great defense and a rejuvenated Favre.

2007: (8.9) hurt against Dallas playing in Dallas where he never played well; and the rating (40.2) vs the Bears - bad weather (I mean like Buff vs PATS weather), other than that ratings in previous 5 were quite good. Excellent Defense ALL YEAR LONG. A very good running game featuring Grant THAT WAS UTILIZED (up until NFCCG). It was humming!

2008:
    11/23 - 25, 32, 224, 2, 1, 103.6:
    A W vs Titans - good running attack 1stD conversions and ball control
    11/30 - 23, 43, 147, 0, 1, 60.9:
    L vs Denver - too many attempts running game stopped except for singular Jones run. Few if any 3 and outs.
    12/07 - 20, 31, 137, 0, 1, 60.8:
    L- forget it you know the rest- vs SF - Lost the TOP battle (defense?). They do to us what we did to Tenn.
    12/14 - 17, 30, 207, 1, 2, 61.4:
    Buff: Freak INT sets up Buffalo points and momentum, Marshawn Lynch is the beast. Leon gets too few carries
    (It's funny, I remember Collingsworth stating that Mangini & Co were developing a whole Leon package for the PATS- why they stopped there with the guy I'll never know! This guy has Dave Meggett all over him.)
    12/21 - 18, 31, 187, 0, 2, 48.7;
    31 attempts is too many in those conditions. We were not that far behind we should have pounded the rock much more. D gave up big conversions.
    12/28 - 20, 40, 233, 1, 3, 45.1;
    Good D Effort- finally a QB harried and actually stripped of ball. It seemed the Fags had to resort to trickery to give CP time. Again Favre should not be over 32 ATTs. He got it rolling a couple of times- then BANG- in bad hunting (or bad NYC Strip Clubbing) fashion shot himself in the foot.

One BIG Question about the season I fondly call "10 days in November... one in September, and maybe a couple in October..":
    Why were the OTHER FACETS of an Offense that was purring SHUT DOWN from mid-November on (ie Keller, Wahington to some extent Jones)? The last 5 weeks could be characterized: Hey Brett please save us, (or Montana, or Bradshaw or whomever) and while youre at it- go rake the back 40 with this hoe! The Jets went from the pinnacle to a very one dimensional mind set in terms of game plan and reactions, they (EM & Co) put it on one man (there is no m-a-n in team or gameplan- oops there is in gameplan)- and that spells disaster anywhere, in any organization, in any era. I hope Mangini learns this- just practice it in the NFC. For the record: Who threw whom under the bus??- they both got treadmarks on their backs!

Conclusion- Having said all of that:
    If the Jets vastly improve their defense as a unit against the RUN leading to more 3 & outs and make more splash plays on defense against the pass, ie blitzes, and TOs to win the uphill TO battle (one word PRESSURE) and good BALANCE betw Run vs Pass (no way BF should be over 31-32 ATTs) and maybe a little, a smidgeon more protection up the middle, then MAYBE BF- with better feel for the receivers- can take us further in the season- it happened! less than 365 days ago. Of course that could be double edged sword. But I would have a stable vet (who-good question) waiting with hs helmet on, chin strap buckled not even close to a clip board. Those things were lacking this year and that is top down, from management to coaching.

#113 XGBer-Moving_On, Dec 31, 2008
  14. keypusher

keypusher Member

Stop right there. In the modern pass-centric NFL you cannot have a QB who is limited to 32 attempts a game. The Phins definitely tried to keep Pennington's attempts down, but not that low.

"no way BF should be over 31-32 ATTs"=Brett Farve can no longer be an NFL starter.

15. bpjets

bpjets New Member

He has pain!!!! how about the figgin pain I've got watching the last 5 games!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Well, he can throw, and he does seems to have some problems sometimes when he throws, so I' guess you're experience fits it pretty well, sorry if I gave the wrong message, I was just arguing a similar case against Long Time Jets Fan.

#116 jigglebilly, Dec 31, 2008
  17. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Brett never sucks dude, it's always someone else's problem.

18. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Actually he did throw many interceptions in the last 5 games to contribute to the downfall of the jets, you need to know when some players need the blame.

19. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Great, so Brett played like garbage and ruined our season without being seriously hurt. We are now officially fu*ked at the most important position in football.

20. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

I think the point was that Favre was actually injured, and if you want to know about how the injury affects playing, ask 43Chubby.