Cowher = Marty Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by theUandtheJETS, Dec 30, 2008.

1. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

You guys are ridiculous with the Cowher thing......if you dont want Marty then you dont want Cowher...same exact conservative coach....Cowher actually won one though only difference.....they are the same exact coach...Cowher won a superbowl (thanks a lot to the refs)....good for him cant take it away from him but trust me they are the same coach...play to stay in the game and hope your defense comes out on top.....The 3 choices should be...in this order

1. Mariucci
    2. Shannahan
    3. Billick

It has to be one of those 3 guys...

If Cowher lost that superbowl to The Seahawks...none of you would want him....dont fall for the crap the NY Media feeds you...trust me you dont want him.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

The only one of those three I'd even give a thought to is Mariucci. Shannahan is a proven choke artist and Billick's idea of winning a game is to pray the Defense comes through for you.

3. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

The fact that you want Mariucci and not Cowher is laughable.

Cowher, Shanahan, Parcells or Marty would be solid choices

4. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

The only difference between Schottenheimer and Cowher is that Cowher won a Super Bowl? That's like saying the only difference between a man and a woman is that a man has a dick.

And Shanahan won 2 Super Bowls and has been rather successful in Denver for the most part...he's not a choke artist. Mooch is a total retreat, and Billick is an offensive guy who road his defense's coattail's to a Super Bowl. Besides, I don't want any coach who would sign up for Hard Knocks the year after winning a Super Bowl.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Cowher's playoff record is much better than Schotty. I still wouldn't mind him either though.

6. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Shannahan? Is this your hack at comedy?

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I do want Cowher. But it's a shot in the dark. Let's be serious, Parcells is not coming back. Shanahan just can't get it done, not to mention he wouldn't sell the PSL's that Woody needs to get rid of. I wouldn't mind Marty, but I hate that he'd probably keep Brian with him, that's the only reason I don't want him coming here.

8. theUandtheJETS

I dont know if you guys remember but before Cowher won his superbowl he was known as a coach that "Couldnt get it done".........If you want him fine....but he is the same exact coach as Schotty....so dont say you dont want him as well.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I don't understand the hatred for Mariucci?

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

More true than I even knew until today:

11. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Either is fine, except I'm not sold on keeping jr as the OC, which Dad would probably do. But who knows if cowher would bring in a new OC or not. I think he probably would.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Note to all- I'm not sure anyone pointed this out (sorry, I haven't read all 59 Cowher threads in full), but Cowher cut his teeth under the watch of Marty Schottenheimer.

The 1991 Raiders-Chiefs playoff game was a delight. I hated the Raiders and liked the Chiefs. The Chiefs held the Raiders to 6 points and Cowher's defensive gameplan had a lot to do with it. That game was sort of the final straw. Cowher had shown he was ready for a head coaching job.

The thread starter is really on point with this here thread.

#12 Cakes, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Cowher is not a great coach. But that doesnt mean that he isnt very good. If im the Jets im looking at Cowher and Shanahan followed by Spagnoulo.

14. theUandtheJETS

When I started this post....I knew of their relationship...but the point was more the fact that just watching them both over the years coach...they have the same mentality....I know 100% Jets fans are not going to be happy with Cowher..and definitely will not have the patience to put up with his conservative still either. I mean ...will he bring in a def coordinator that will upgrade the style of play ...Yes....but im telling you on the offensive end we will not be happy.