Brett Favre Does Not Require Major Surgery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Section 227. Row 5, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

1050AM, not 1010AM.

Sorry Mack, my bad.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Favre is as good as back. It's the biggest gimmie going right now.

3. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

Favre returns for 2009. If we get Cowher he comes back. Anyone else agree?

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

No, I don't think that's fair cause he does make bad decisions but it obviously didn't help.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This is his excuse to hold us hostage with his decision until after the draft. If he does not make a decision quick he should be let go. If he gets the surgery now will he be ready for Minicamp?

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

SO it answers 2 questions.

Was Favre playing injured? YES
    Did it affect his play? NO

Why? Because if your arm is injured and you feel it, you don't continually chuck unmaned spacestations into the fukin air when no one is open.

That's Brain more than arm.

He's a trooper for goin out there and a bitch for not shaking anyones hand afterwards...
    Fuk em.

7. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3800421

Brett Favre has been told by doctors that pain in his right shoulder is from a torn biceps tendon and some calcification in the area, but the New York Jets quarterback would need nothing more than arthroscopic surgery to repair the injury, sources said.

Favre

Favre

The sources Tuesday also said the 39-year-old Favre might be able to avoid an arthroscopic procedure altogether if he decides to play a 19th NFL season.

Favre has been encouraged to take as much time as he needs before determining whether to return to the Jets. According to a source, Favre is expected to deliberate for several weeks, perhaps to allow New York time to hire former coach Eric Mangini's successor. Mangini was fired Monday after three seasons.

Favre had complained about pain and seemed to suffer diminished arm strength late in the season. He indicated he was unwilling to undergo numerous surgeries if they were necessary to keep playing. The latest medical development -- the tear is located near the acromioclavicular joint, sources said -- suggests Favre can make his decision knowing major surgery is not necessary.

8. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Is Ed Werder of ESPN Favre's BFF. I guarantee you 100% that Werder's source is Favre.

My God, does Werder text Favre before he tucks himself in every night. Great reporting, but it's unreal.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I do.

I see no reason why Favre wouldn't want to play for Bill Cowher. There's no bad blood between them and Cowher is "old school," so is Favre. Cowher is a strict disciplinarian but not stupid enough to not allow Favre to do his thing if the situation developes differently than planned.

I think Mangini was too "by the book" for Favre. Way too many complicated plays also. Favre is understood by a coach like Cowher and Favre knows that.

I say he comes back for one more trip around the track. With our 17th Draft Pick and others that we're getting, we should be able to put together the rest of what we need to make a serious run again.

#29 Section 227. Row 5, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  10. JetsLookingforDWare

The thing that pisses me off is that Favre will probably be a fine QB for us next year.

Everyone and their mother underrated the short amount of pre-season time he had with the team IMO. You can't nail down the intricacies of anything as complicated as this stuff ins a matter of months.

I still think it's fucked up how he's changed things...but hey as long as we win...

11. Section 227. Row 5

Oh, good.

Now Favre can wait until August before telling us.

12. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Who cares who the source is.

13. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

I don't believe it does. Although he obviously had a sore shoulder for a while (which could explain some of the last month) I suspect that this tear happened when he tried to make that tackle after the INT. He was hurting. And reports of an earlier MRI said there was nothing there.

I know it didn't look like much, but it doesn't take much force to damage the shoulder if you land the wrong way. I blew out my shoulder years ago just diving back into first base on a pickoff attempt (SAFE!). It was hard to belive how easily it got torn.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

will favre feel like learning his 2nd new offense in 2 years after running the same one for 16 years?

15. songster67

songster67 New Member

I don't think it's a gimme that Favre comes back but my $0.02 says that he does. I bet he's going to try and force Steve Mariucci into Woody's face though. Wonder if that could be a Cowher deal breaker or would Cowher deal with Favre for a year while grooming his own future QB.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Sometimes board members want a source. I'm fine with that, seriously.

I don't take that as an affront. It's well within their rights to expect that if you post something, you've heard it from a reliable source and can quote that source (or post the link, even better).

There's too much bullshit flying around the internet these days. Several weeks ago, someone posted a totally bogus post and I bought into it, lock stock and barrel. When I called the guy on it, I was ridiculed by others saying, "What's the big deal? It was done in jest! Take it easy!"

The problem with that is, when you're reading through posts like we are today, you'd like them to be legit, otherwise I could post a thread titled, "Bill Cowher tells Woody to stick it!" just to get a reaction from the board. Tremendous juvenile, adolescent fun mind you, but a ridiculous waste of time, especially on a day like today when the news is flying hot and heavy and you're looking for reliable info.

So no, anyone can always ask me to quote the source. I have no problem with that whatsoever, nor should anyone else.

17. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

So all he had was pain in his shoulder, and it may not even require any surgery to alleviate it.

The guy is full of sh*t, if he expected to start 16 games as an NFL QB at 39 years old and not have any pain in his shoulder then he's also a moron.

He just plain sucked, and I hope to God he's DONE!

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i couldnt possibly agree more, there is too much bullshit out there and the fact of the matter is that you cant believe everything you read on the internet :) hell you really cant believe ANYTHING you read on the internet. without a source i have to take the information as useless. as it could very well be complete and total bullshit.

just like everything they put up on espn. they figure if they say it one way this hour and the opposite way an hour later then they got it right before anyone else. :)

19. Section 227. Row 5

I don't know. I saw some plays in which Favre got smacked around pretty good, expecially toward the end of the season. In fact, I was starting to get pissed at the O-line (among other units, mind you). He didn't have the protection he had earlier, particularly when we had those two great wins over the Titans and Patriots, IMO.

There was definitely something wrong with his arm the last 3-4 games, IMO.

20. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Yeah it hurt!!! He does not need major surgery, if he gets arthroscopic surgery it would be to alleviate pain, and they said they maybe able to do the same without any surgery.

If he was in so much pain, he should have told them to call more running plays instead of throwing the ball 40 yards down the field to the other team, over and over again.

The guy is a selfish prick!!!