Favre OWES Us One More Year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Dec 30, 2008.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with you, if he can come back healthy. Which I'm not sure about.

His intermediate passes are still bullets, but he hadn't thrown a decent deep ball since the Cardinals game. I re-watched the Bengals game a few times and I am convinced that is the one where he hurt his throwing shoulder. The hit he took to his arm was reminiscent of when Chad had his shoulder cuff torn for the second time. I think it has a lot to do with the throwing motion he needs to throw a deep ball with an arc on it, because if you look at the 'deep' passes he threw in the past 7-8 games, he was practically trying to lay on his back to get the angle.

Only if he's healthy. And not Doctor Elliot Pellman Healthy, either. I don't have it in me for another QB with an injured throwing shoulder.

#21 abyzmul, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Brett for one more year and to also teach Brett R. and Eric A.

Parcells rejuvinated Vinny and now Chad for one great season, a good coach will do the same for Favre.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I agree with everything except for the "worst of all time" trade status.

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I agree with you. Well said.

5. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Why would anyone want Favre back? At this point in his career he's not good enough to take a team very far in the playoffs. Maybe we could make the playoffs but even thats not a given considering Favre is a year older.

I rather start the search for a new QB or give Ratliff and Clemens a chance to battle for the job.

Lets let the new coach decide this(COWHER PLEASE)

6. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

How come we didn't hear the, he doesn't know the offense well enough excuse, when you were 8-3 and talking #1 seed and a superbowl? Maybe what he doesn't understand is when you throw 9 picks and 2 td's in 5 games you lose.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I want him gone. He owes it to the franchise to slink back to Mississippi after that performance. I never liked the guy before he came here and now I dislike him even more. He is the epitome of a selfish "me first" athlete. The years of not letting the Pack know when and if would retire told you everything you needed to know about him and how it was about him and not the team. He ruined 2008 for the Jets and if he comes back, why in the world would there be any reason to expect anything different in 2009???

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If he doesn't come back, here's a snapshot of his last play. Not great quality, taken with my phone:

[​IMG]

9. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You're nuts.

10. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

I want Farve back on the Jets, you Jet fans haven't suffered enough !!!!!!!

11. Mr. Papagiorgio

I think with participation in camps and a coach that will actually coach him (see Mike Holmgren and Mike McCarthy), he can have success here. He did in spurts this past season. Look at how much better he played after the KC game for awhile when Mangini got in his face. Then, Mangini pussed out and the injury probably got to Favre some as well.

12. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

If Favre does not need surgery and his arm is fine, why do you want him back? He singlehandedly ruined the season, giving up the ball 22 times, especially in last 5 games. He is the reason why moron Woody dropped #2 overall reated QB this year, who is a lot younger, and now also a good young coach we had. Why do we need him back? If it turns out he really did have a bum arm, and that was the reason he ruined our season, then perhaps I could see your point. Heal the arm, bring him back for a year, while we try to find another young QB, maybe have him groom that QB. But if had a bum arm though, he will need a surgery, and then he said he won't come back. So, either way does not look good for us when it comes to Favre.

13. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Those 22 picks were not the result of a bad arm. Anyone who watched the Jets games and had half a brain could see that. So even if his arm was mildy damaged (if it was any more why the hell didn't he see a doctor during the season?) that's no excuse for his performance.

14. Favre_4_Ever

Favre_4_Ever New Member

How did he singlehandedly ruin the season? They were a 4-12 team last year, without Favre this year maybe 6-10 maybe. They spent all that money revamping the O-Line and Favre took 30 sacks. It isn't his fault.

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Didn't the Dolphags pay a 2nd rounder for a useless Culpepper and a 2nd for a useless AJ Feely? Comparatively, Burt's been a bargain even with as bad a season as he had. 'course the penny deal probably makes up for it on their side of the equation.

16. rillo

rillo New Member

No, I've seen enough.....really.

17. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Hey, I agree with you. Some mistakes were rookie mistakes on short passes. I said that in the other post as well. However, if your shoulder is really bum, you tend to rush, you are afraid to get hit, you make some dumb mistakes. Playing with injury is tough, and not just on deep balls. So, if his shoulder was really badly injured, perhaps he can perform better if it heals. But then he will need a surgery, and he said he is not coming back in that case. If it was just mildly injured though, and he played as bad as he was, then we don't need him. So, either way, we are screwed at QB.

18. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

I'll tell you what, if it comes down to it

Brett Favre >>>> Matt Cassell

I know last years numbers clearly state otherwise but if the Jets make a huge multi year offer to bring in Cassell to make up for missing Brett, give me one more year of Favre.

Let some other team take a chance on Cassell...........

19. Kenny

Kenny New Member

you realize Chad is 32 and has had multiple shoulder surgeries????

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Do you realize he's fully recovered now from the surgeries and that QBs can play into their 40s? Especially when their game is more cerebral than scrambling or throwing laser beams. Chad is far from done, Favre--probably done.