Proof Favre Threw Mangini Under the Bus

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 30, 2008.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Going back to the 43, without Capspace will be difficult, we would need a passrushing DE, a OLB and a DT. And players like Pace, BT and Coleman would be worthless with a lot of money tied up to them.

Jenkins can play both. Pace was a bust, untill the Cards swithed to the 34.

2. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

This thread reminds me of one of those late night, "what if there was a universe in my pinky nail?", pipe dreams.

Come on, there's no conspiracy here. Favre might just retire anyway, and even if he doesn't, do you really think the organization is going to make him the face of the franchise? Hell no, they're doing it to mold the new guys if he stays.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

People need to get real about which coaches will remain and which will go. Whoever gets hired will pick their own staff. Nobody in their right mind would take a job where their assistants have been picked for them. I expect they will all be gone.

4. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

If you think firing Mangini had nothing to do with Favre, I've got some real estate to sell you. Just look me up under B. Madoff. :wink:

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he did, are you saying that's a bad thing? I think not.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

we should keep shotty because i don't think a new OC can pick up brett's play book in time

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I think it's perfectly fair to let the new HC decide whether or not to keep the coordinators.

When Herm was fired, his entire staff didn't leave with him. In fact, Sutton and Westhoff were both here under Herm.

8. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

Did you even bother reading the quote from an article that stated "Kellen Clemens did so poorly when he took over for Pennington as the starter during the 2007 season that he didn't even go into camp this summer as the incumbent."? Clemens rookie year was 2007 and he didn't play well so how does your comparison to Flacco, Ryan, and Roethlisberger make any sense when you compare his rookie season to theirs?
    The Jets decided they were not going to start a rookie when they acquired Favre, so its ridiculous to criticize Mangini for not benching Favre. No one in their right mind would consider it viable option. Favre left Green Bay because he didn't want be a back up so why would he come here to be one?

Let me refresh your memory with Clemens record:
    TD-INT 5-10
    Passing yards 1,529
    QB Rating 60.7

#48 pete cofran, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  9. Long Time Jet Fan

BT and Coleman are already useless. Ellis is not a 3-4 defensive end and I can't see why Pace couldn't be as affective in the 4-3 as he was the second half of this year.

10. Long Time Jet Fan

Yes, I think if Favre was the major reason the Jets fired Mangini, then Woody is a loser as a football man.

11. songster67

songster67 New Member

Wonder if Favre is petitioning Woody to interview Mariucci

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Sutton will def be gone, little schott may stay. I know noone wants to hear this, but i keep hearing his dads name... dont be shocked if he gets this job, if cower and spagnulo is not interested

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LTJF, I stopped taking you and your posts seriously when you became invisible after wins this season. Your hatred of Favre turned you into a joke of a fan.

It's too bad, I used to like reading your posts, too.

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I tell ya one thing. You love to say get rid of Favre, but that Namath, whose on your avatar used to throw it to the opponent like no other. Just saying.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

the bottom line is Brett did what he was asked to do by the OC...get into shotgun empty backfield and pass, we know this team was built to run and they did Thomas Jones led the afc in rushing but they abandoned the pound the run philosophy and started throwing the ball....the coaching staff deserves the primary blame for the failure of this team and not putting any pressure on the opposing qb and not running the ball all game.....and Brett does deserve some blame for not using his experience to throw the ball away at times and not forcing plays....but primary blame falls on the staff

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Favre tried to throw Mangini, but the bus intercepted him.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think the only thing this post actually proves is that the longer you are a Jets fan, the more paranoid and delusional you get.

I'm not sure how the defense sucked most of year when through the first 10 games we were in the top 3 in both run D and Sacks. For some reason we forgot how to stop the run and pressure the QB in the last six weeks. Its a damn shame really.

18. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

At the beginning of the Season, when our Defense looked good, BT was a big factor and had 4 Sacks early on.

Coleman is a solid 34 DE, very good against the run, but unfortunately he can?t get to the passer (I still wonder how he got 5 Sacks as rotational DE in his last season with the Boys).

Ellis looked bigger this season than last season, did hold his ground on Runningplays, and got Pressure on Passingplays, I can?t see any how you come to the conclusion, that he?s not a 34 DE.

And I also don?t see a reason, why Pace would work out any better as a 43 DE, than he did in his first 4 years with the Cards.