Proof Favre Threw Mangini Under the Bus

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Your offense sucked in the clutch. Your defense sucked for most of the year. Your quarterback sucked. Yet Schottenheimer and Sutton remain. It doesn't take a genious to tell the only reason Mangini is gone is because Favre wanted it so. So Woody, wanting to sell PSLs etc. ditches Mangini and keeps his even more incompetent assistant coaches in a stupid effort to keep Favre. Those guys better be gone, and soon. :mad:

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They will be gone, don't worry.

3. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

Wtf???? Drug Test...

4. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Who are you, exactly? I thought I knew you, "Long Time Jet Fan."

Now you're using terms like "Your offense sucked" and "Your quarterback sucked."

If I may ask, exactly who do you root for, Long Time Jet Fan?

5. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

I have no issue with any of the Jets other than Favre. I didn't even have a huge issue with Mangini, although he wasn't particularly stellar down the home stretch this year. But if your firing of the head coach has anything at all to do with performance, the top assistants must go as well.

6. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

If Favre comes back, they will have to keep Shotty.

Favre is calling the shots now, because Woody wants him back at all costs!!!

Brett already gave his orders and Woody relayed them to Tanny on what coach to hire.

All Woody cares about is selling those damn PSL's and he thinks Brett Favre throwing 22 picks sells them for him.

This franchise makes me sick!!!

7. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

you're dreaming...

8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"All Woody cares about is selling those damn PSL's"

Don't forget, he also cares about selling those god awful ugly Favre jerseys. Probably made more money with that chaep garabage this season than he will make with the PSLs.

In defense of Woody, Mangini had to go. Not only because Mangini really blew some games down the stretch, but also because Woody and Tanny had to save face for making such a shitty move by signing Favre in the first place. Shit flows downward...it's a fact of life...

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Once a new coach is hired, the staff will be gutted...

That simple.

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Yeah but he wants Favre back what does that tell you?

That dumb ass only cares about sales, not building a winning team.

FARVE KILLED THE JETS!!!

11. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I doubt Shotty will be gone if Favre comes back, no way he wants to take on another play book.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Bullshit! He made the move to get Mangini, which I will start a thread on when the dust settles.

He signed checks off like crazy this past offseason, and now he wants someone who doesn't settle for 10-6/9-7.

If you think its only about sales, whatever...At least he's freaking spending the money rather than sitting on the "minimum" cap number! Jeez...

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Why not? He didn't even learn this playbook.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well mr. cowher i am glad you are interested in the position, just want to let you know though that you MUST keep the awful OC that we had last year because brett favre doesnt want to learn a new playbook. ok great sign right here!!!!!

feel free to insert any head coach candidates name in place of cowher.

is this seriously going through your head? seriously? i think the anger has gotten the best of you at this point.

15. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

If I had to guess they're keeping the other staff until they pick a new head coach. When he comes in he'll most likely bring in his own guys. But who knows they might be afraid of making too many changes at once. The biggest sin that Mangini is responsible for, besides the 4 game slide was that he had no fire and couldn't motivate the team. Its not all about the x's and o's. Bill Belichick's assistants who have been hired as head coaches are finding that out.

Most Jet fans wouldn't mind if Brett retired. Whether he goes or not the Jets are going to have major QB issues next year. No one is waiting in the wings to take Brett's position so who gives a dam if they got rid of him, it wouldn't solve their problems.

#15 pete cofran, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  16. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

The only proof I'd accept would be the players or the faces of the organization flat out admitting it. All this tea-leaf reading shit is getting annoying.

17. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

He wants to bring back a QB that threw 2 TD's and 9 picks for a total of 22 INT's down the stretch.

YOU FIGURE IT OUT!!!

18. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Good point!!!

Which is why I say they have there orders to bring in a Favre guy to coach, one who bring in playbook written by none other then Brett Favre.

So I guess Shotty will go in that scenario.

19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

What I'm figuring is their is nobody better out there! And if Favre is fully committed to the 2009 Jets and does all the OTA's ,mini and training camps then I'd be more than comfortable with him as the Jets QB.

Nobody in "waiting", no free agents, no rookie...Favre would be the best chance to win again.

And Woody would obviously throw $8 million a year to Cowher if he accepted, so he's throwing money, not every move was bad...But at least he isn't being a tight-wad.

20. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I never said he was, but I can only see 1 reason you would bring back the debacle of a QB we saw the last 5 weeks.

He was horrible, and there is no reason for me to believe he will get any better at 40.

It's time to find our QB of the future not another 1 year disaster!!! (2 rookie QB's turned non playoff teams to real contenders this year) In case you missed it.

P.S. when was the last time Favre did any of this: "all the OTA's ,mini and training camps?"