Favre should stay

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by meanandgreen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You think? I thought that throw in the corner of the end zone was beautifull. One of the best balls I have seen all year in terms of placement. It wasn't zipped in but it didn't float or die.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You want to excuse his dumb interceptions with the rationale that "he's done that his whole career"? Mind-numbing.

Brett Favre threw the winning touchdown yesterday. Think about it in those terms.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

tAKE A LOOK AT HIS CAREER.... he ALWAYS been that way but the differnce there year then past he halways had a tall WR. he thrown over 300 INT in his career

4. f$@! doug jolley

f$@! doug jolley New Member

you must work at wrangler or have not have seen the games cause I don't understand how anyone would want to deal with this goof again. Honestly i kind of disliked Favre to begin with when he gave Strahan gastineau's record. Say what you want about gastineau, he was not a very-likable guy, but he was a Jet, and he EARNED every single one of those sacks. For Favre, to change the play (it was suppose to be a run, favre changed the play to a pass without telling the oline) to allow Strahan to get the sack was just plain bush-leauge. Regardless of this, how many times did you see Favre throw a twenty or thirty yard pass into double or triple coverage. I mean come on it became expected that if he threw the ball far that it was going to be an INT. The fact is we would have been smarter not trading for Favre, other than the fact that Woody made a ton of money this year, and that if we stick with the clown, then to excpet anything to change from this year is foolish.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Favre should stay! He should stay home never to be heard from again in reference to the Jets. It was a gamble that lost, don't make the same mistake twice.

6. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

As much as Favre sucked after the TEN game i still want him to give us one more season. Im wondering the possibilities if he actually spent an entire training camp with the team. But what could jeer him away could be

1. his shoulder could be worse than he thought
    2. having to learn new offense, again
    3. or playin under mangini left such a bad taste that he doesnt wanna do it again.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

yesterday game means nothing to me for the simple reason if we won we still miss the playoffs. In the Seattle game please tell me why we didn't run the ball more in a damn snow blezer? The coaches saw Farve was throwing the ball short on deep passes. If it was because of the weather or his arm they should had adjust to that and they didn't.

8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's compound the problem by making the same mistake over again and having him return for one last lousy season. Since no other team in their right mind is retarded enough to give him that much money, I'm sure he'd love to return if given the opportunity.

9. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

He was offered $25 million to not return to the Packers.

I don't think money is a factor in his decision.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

How can you say that when he threw enough interceptions of the mega-bonehead variety to make Vinnie T look like a football God?

11. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Now this prick, is holding our coaching decisions HOSTAGE!!!

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Even though I do not want Favre back as QB; I think it was Mangini who blew him; not the other way around.

13. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

17 years and the guy needs a training camp to know in week 17 not to throw the ball to the opposing team. I sure hope he coomes back....

14. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

He threw 2 int's, 3 yards from scrimmage, your arm would have to be severed for it to be an excuse.

15. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

My bet is they will find something wrong with his arm no matter what.

16. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Favre should be executed!!!

17. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The long pass in the middle of the field was drastically underthrown- there were two Jets there who didnt come back for the ball, but the WR did. The TD that beat Elam was thrown over the wrong shoulder, but Elam looked horrible- back to the ball, never looked back, and was beat on the play.

The TD to Ginn you referred to was indeed a nice ball, but the DB was beat on the pattern by 2 yards.

18. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Shhh, stop it, you're injecting facts into their non-fact based world view. Favre is a diva who could care less if he wins or loses and was in it for the money and kept playing after he couldn't because he was only in it for the money and didn't really want to play hard and his contract stated he was getting paid the same amount of money by the Jets whether he played those last five games or not ...

... oops, now there I went and injected a irreconcilable fact into things too. Sorry guys! Pretend you didn't read this post & go back to your own little world of black & white, heroes vs. villians! Just put Leon and Raitliff and Clowney on the field for offense and Jenkins for defense and we'll win every game with just those 4 guys for sure! (does that help get things back on track for you?)

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If Favre does come back you have a 40 year old QB trying to come back from perhaps an injured throwing arm / shoulder. What are the odds of a 40 year old coming back and playing an excellent season? What is the long-range future of the Jets with a 40 year old QB that is coming off a very bad stretch of games?

Now Favre has been amazing in his string of consecutive games. Even though I wasn't in favor of bringing him here in the first place I have nothing against the guy. However, eventually father time eventually catches up with everyone. And aging in the NFL is not like aging in MLB or perhaps bowling. In the NFL you don't age gracefully you usually fall off like a rock. That's been the history of the league. A split second longer to make a decision or to get the ball to it's intended target changes the play from a 25 yard gain into an INT.

If you were a new head coach would you want a 40 year old QB (even a HOF QB) starting in your first year? How many more years could Favre possibly have? Unless you won the SB in your first year you would have to insert your future QB in eventually so why delay that by a year? Why not get a new QB (perhaps one on the roster or through the draft) and let that QB learn during your grace period?

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If you look at the replay Elam had very decent coverage on that pass to Fasano. If Pennington did throw the ball to the "correct" shoulder (ie. closer to the post) and threw a "dart" Elam would have been in position to INT the ball. If he were to try and loft it over where Elam was playing (but still inside) #33 Smith was in position to make a play on the ball.

IMHO that pass (while probably not where the original pass was intended) was put where only Fasano had a chance at the ball and it would have taken a superb play to have Elam break it up. And while Elam didn't exactly "turn" for the ball he definitely turns his body out when he saw that Fasano did. Why not just give credit where credit is do?