The hypocracy of Pennington lovers amazes me...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 28, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We went 8 & 5 in 04 with Pennington. Our back up QB went 2 and 1. We don't make the playoffs in 04 because of Chad we made it because we had a monster running team that ran the ball regardless of who the QB was. 8 & 5 doesn't make the playoffs in 04. 10 and 6 did.

2. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

It's a brand new day, brother. Chad's gone, Mangini's gone, Favre's gone, 2008 season is gone.

Time to move on. Kinda like that chick you were dating who was great company, but there was no real chemistry.

Shrug it off and move on with your life.

3. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Never wanted Chad to go, never wanted Favre..would take Chad as my QB any day. THIS IS NOT IN HINDSIGHT, this is how I always felt. Chad wins when he has a decent line and running game, the Jets had that this year and needed someone to lead and manage...Chad does that best.

It is time to move one from all this crap, get a new coach in here, get a QB or go with Clemens.

I will be rooting for Chad in the playoffs, not the fish, just Chad.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I see it, it's clear as day. If we had better QB play we'd have won 12-13 games. Chad would kill to have Coles and Cotch to throw to down there and the one talent advtange you had on O(RB) our RBs outplayed yours all season.

We were 6-1 before he got hurt.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

We were 8-3 before Favre got hurt.

6. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

The defense was abysmal all season. Miami was much better defensively. We dont have a player in the front 7 with the ability of Joey Porter. And obviously, Miami was better coached.

But you continue to avoid the piss poor defense because you want to blame the entire season on Brett. That's not fair.

And please dont say the D carried us all season. It didnt, at all.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Sorry, as far as Junc is concerned football teams only consist of 2 people the QB and the coach.

8. winstonbiggs

We ranked 30th in the league in passing that year 3rd in running and had a tough solid D that kept teams off the score board. We had 3 total games were we ran for under 100 yards that year and won 1 of them 16 14. D and the running game and a little game management. Chad got hurt and had two really good games that year before he got hurt, the SD game and the Buffalo game. That team was a run first team that matched up against 8 in the box and ran on everyone except the Pats who beat us twice that year.

9. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

The Pats completely embarrassed us at home that season with the division on the line I believe. Herm vs Belly, how I dont miss that.

10. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

Ah Junc...the voice of wisdom and insight I have come to know and respect over the years. Couldn't have said it better myself. Miami has been playing with house money for the last few weeks, and next week is just pure gravy on an already awsome season.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

But at the same time he only paints half a picture.

How well did GB do without Favre this year?

12. winstonbiggs

There is no such thing as house money. The object is to win a SB and making the playoffs if you don't win doesn't put you one step closer. The Dolphins have a great shot to win next week. At home with a bruising running attack and a good enough D to maybe make a rookie QB make a mistake. The idea that this is house money is foolish. The Dolphins have a great shot to move on and compete with a TN team or a Pitt team that doesn't put a lot of points on the board. You might even get a home game final the way this thing is breaking. I believe you have the home field against either SD or the Colts both of whom are real contenders this year.

13. nyjunc

It's alot easier to play defense when your QB doesn't turn it over multiple times every game. Our D played as well, if not better, than the Miami D yesterday. What was the difference in the game? Favre's Tos.

So we were a running team? We won 10 games w/ and were a missed kick from the title game.

Pre Chad injury in 2004 we lost by 6 at Foxboro, post Chad injury Ne throttled us at home. Chad was playing great football until he got hurt, we were 6-1 and he had a rating around 100. Why can't this guy ever get any credit? Was this miraculous dolphin season not enough to convince you? You would think the 3 postseasons he led us to could convince you or maybe winning w/ far less talent and the same coaching staff that everyone whines about but taking over a team w/ half the talent like Miami and leading them to a div title and 2 more wins than us- shouldn't that be enough to convince you? When Chad's healthy he's a top 10 QB in this league.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's funny how your bar keeps raising as Chad keeps proving you wrong. How is your boy Cutler looking for the playoffs? Oh yeah....

15. winstonbiggs

We scored the exact same amount of points in both the pre and post Chad injuries to NE 7.

Miami doesn't have half the talent the Jets do, Miami plays better football in almost every aspect of the game, defense, running the ball, special teams, OL pass defense, OL running, D Line run defense and pass defense. This talent that you speak of that we have and Miami doesn't may exist, but if it doesn't show up, how do you know it's better?

16. winstonbiggs

Chad is in Cutler isn't, Denver is a crap team, Miami isn't. Cutler is a dam good QB who we should have drafted as was Chad who we did draft but got hurt.

Why shouldn't Miami be able to beat Baltimore at home starting a rookie QB? Why is that a high bar? I would expect the same if we had matched up with them at home or NE had matched up with them at home. Baltimore is a very good team but so is Miami.

I think Chad played great yesterday but I also don't think that since Chad proved his worth and played better than Favre, you need to put down that team to strengthen your argument. They have a good team, they have quality players on both sides of the ball and are well coached.

17. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

Quick, name the Phins #1 reciever....exactly. Ted Ginn is a #2, #3 reciever. The guys who have been getting the job done for Miami are all castoffs. O-line? Jake Long is the only name there. The rest are all guys who you could VERY easily argue are outclassed by the Jets O-line. RB's? It's a wash. Defense? Other than Porter, who can you name on Miami's front seven? And our Secondary has come a long way, but again, who there scares anyone? How many players on Miami's team, other than Joey, do you say straight off that they would start on the majority of NFL teams?

18. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Good points there by NYJFan10. Let's be objective here for a minute. I don't think it's up to debate that Favre had much better supporting cast this year than Pennington over the years. 6 Pro Bowlers is no joke. But even if you ignore this point. Chad NEVER had as bad a QB rating as Favre this year. Never. He also ALWAYS had more TDs than INTs in any year. Favre comes in, and with better supporting case than Chad ever had manages to have an inferior year at QB than Chad EVER had. How can you argue against that? How can it not be obvious who the better QB was for this team?

19. nyjunc

1st matchup Chad threw 0 INTs, 2nd matchup he threw 2.

Miami looks better b/c their QB doesn't turn it over multiple times every game. Did you see how good we look when Favre wasn't turning it over?

20. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

ROTFLMMFAO!! Of course there's house money. Until you've lived through a 1-15 season, PLEASE don't tell me what the object of a season is. I was happy with Miami's season when we got 8 wins. That was my finish line. EVERYTHING after that has been gravy. And net week, of course I hope we'll win. And I'll be a little down if we lose...for maybe an hour. Than I will go back to being DARNED happy with our season, and seriously looking forward to seeing what Bill and Company will do during the off season. If we actually beat the Ravens, well, that's just more gravy.