Cap Trouble Looms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rocinante, Dec 28, 2008.

1. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

Money Grows on Tree's in New York.. Just ask the Yankees...

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

My gosh, what do u think of Henne??? He was a late second round pick. Wasn't Beck also a second round pick? So was Clemens...

Ratliff rings a bell?

Lets compare preseason stats as they have no significant regular season stats.

Henne 40/63, 351 yds, 1td, 2ints, 70 rating
    Ratliff 32/47, 499 yds, 8tds, 1int, 12 rating

Not even close!!!

3. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Oh my god, now we have beast?!

4. snipes824

snipes824 Member

just read through the thread. this guy's a complete tool. it's hilarious. no facts, all fluff. his breakdown of the miami roster was pure gold. someone ban this clown. or at least start ignoring him. nothing to gain from arguing with someone like him.

5. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

I just LOL'ed. I'm done with you. No point in trying to hold a serious conversation with someone who keeps lying to himself.

6. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

This thread was entertaining... R&R Express.. enjoy your moment in the Sun.. If you think Parcells won't jump ship... Man your crazier than I thought.. Hey did Porter get a sack today??? So much for him being a Beast.. He got held in Check by the D-Brick... He had the same amount tackles as did your QB.. 1...LOL.. Now that's Funny...

7. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Yup. That's because that joke of a sport has no Salary Cap.

8. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Are you telling me you guys aren't optimistic about Clemons, or Ratliff, you guys are. Just like I'm optimistic about Henne.

9. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Held in check by D'Brick? Not at all. Double teamed most of the game. If only we had somebody who could get pressure from the other side. Oh well, thats what the offseason is for.

10. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

:rolleyes:

11. The Kramsta

The Kramsta New Member

Brett Ratliff. He's just as good as, if not better than, Henne.

Sparano's a good coach, but you're putting way too much faith in Parcells building a 'AFC Powerhouse'. Chances are the Dolphins will put together 1-2 good years before Parcells leaves a mess he doesn't feel like cleaning up behind.

12. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

Not really.. It just has the strongest union.. It takes on Congress and wins.. Figure that one out?? How can I play NCAA football and get paid to play minor league baseball without losing my Amateur status?

13. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Jet fans will say Ratliff is better. Fin fans will say Henne is better. Only time will tell I guess.

14. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

Your killing me.. He only had one tackle... Double teamed or not.. If he was a beast he still would make plays.. Offseason?? You already said he was a goner... You are a riot...

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im not the one bragging about Ratliff. You keep saying Henne is awesome, he's ur future in the waiting, he's a HoFer in the waiting bla bla bla....but his stats so far do not confirm it.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

The guys a fool!

17. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

He is a goner I believe. Bad in run support, bad in pass coverage. Great pass rusher though, I'm sure some team will overpay to get him, ala Jason Taylor for a 2nd rounder. Do I want to keep Porter? Sure. Get a nice OLB who can get pressure on the QB to compliment him, and then teams won't be able to double team. But, like I said, if somebody offers a 2nd and a 5th or something that for Porter, are you really going to pass that up? Hell no.

And he is a beast... I guess now you're going to tell me 17.5 sacks is average huh? He's been beating double teams all year. But I suppose you're not allowed to have bad games huh? Jason Taylor had bad games, guess that means he was a scrub in all his time in Miami....

#117 R&R Express, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I guess those popcorn muscles weren't strong enough to get around those double teams. Either that or the cold was just getting to him with that half-shirt. :grin:

As for Taylor, he was only a scrub when he played the Jets...and the run in general.

19. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Oh well. Him and those popcorn muscles will enjoy their game next week, while the Jets go home as colossal failures, pretenders, losers, or whatever you want to call them. Enjoy the off season! After Favre retires, you can use the money leftover from his contract to put you in either further cap hell, by signing the 2009 Free Agent Bust of the Year, Matt Cassell. While my Fins will have all the money in the world, but will not be as ignorant as the Jets, and will do the same thing we did this year, signing talented no names to come in and contribute, sprinkle a few big names in there. Being the cream of the crop in the AFC East for years to come won't feel as good as this year was though :sad: Jets choked. Bills choked. Patsies didn't make playoffs at 11-5. And of course, greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL :metal:

#119 R&R Express, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You really haven't paid attention to how Parcells operates, have you? He likes the team to win only for the 2-3 years he is with the team. So that means overpaying all of the talented players currently on the team to stay, and overpaying all of the top free agents to come in, all the while not giving a damn about the cap 3-5 years down the road. Of course this might not even matter since Huizenga is selling half of the team to Stephen M. Ross and activating Parcells' escape clause. So you have either a huge cap problem coming at you or your franchise savior bailing after year one. Enjoy!