Cap Trouble Looms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rocinante, Dec 28, 2008.

1. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

No thanks. Why not celebrate here. Afterall, it was Broadway Brett and the rest of you who laughed at me at the beginning of the season for saying you guys will regret dumping Penny. Laughed at me for saying you guys are delusional for predicting 10+ wins. Man is having the last laugh really great. :wink:

2. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

What kind of a douchebag lurks around other people's threads just to be an asshat?

You must have a pretty lonely life is this is the way you celebrate a trip to the playoffs.

3. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. The only time this clown comes here is to talk shit when the Jets lose and the fins win.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

so what you're saying is......R&R Express makes his way to the board once every 12 to 15 games...

6. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

we had a bucket of gravy? Sorry for thinking the Jets played 14 of the same teams we did. My mistake... You beat us at the beginning of the season. Anybody with a brain can see we came a long way since our 2-4 start.

7. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

1 and done > choking your way out the playoffs

2-4 to 11-5 > 8-3 to 9-7

Oh the irony of being a Jest fan.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

What is ironic about that?

Obviously making the playoffs is better than not making the playoffs. Have fun watching the fins lose next week little buddy.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

nobody gives a shit how far you've come...because you played a bunch of sub .500 teams. Don't worry though, Miami's "reality check" will happen next week....when the Raven D rapes the Phins a 3rd a-hole...and then you can show up here with your "one and done" t-shirt on.

10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

LMAO, ill give you the coaching being better, but what do you have other than porter and long and brown, there is no talent on the phins

11. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

funny thing is, I was here at the beginning of the season. When the Fins WERE losing. Then went to Jet Nation. And now I'm back! I could've been a bigger asshole by showing up while you guys started choking, buuut, figured I'd let you all kill yourselves without me igniting any fuel.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

What? You kidding me rite? If Favre retires, the Jets save $13Million...And he probably will retire...if not, then his contract will be reworked for sure. We ain't payin him $13 M for 37 ints.

Jets will be about $4m ABOVE the cap for 09. Thats normal. There are always players that are let go. Favre alone retiring will put the Jets about $9M BELOW the cap.

Some players that will be cut IMO are:

David Bowens --- Saves $2.6M
    David Barrett --- $3.7M (he'll be making about $4.5 if kept.)

And maybe Brandon Moore goes too...We'll be paying him $5m roster bonus in 09. He'll be counting about $5.8m agaisnt 09 salary cap. Jets do seem to like him and his salary figure in 2010 will be below $1m. Its a win-win situation either way. I'd keep him.

Releasing these 3 and Favre will put Jets about $21M under the cap. Im not too sure about releasing Brandon Moore but not sure if I wanna keep him for almost $6m next yr. The other two are backups. Way too much money for backups. Decent depth can be found at a cheaper price.

Thats just 3, 4 names I mentioned. There may be more.

13. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

We have a good shot of winning, but if we don't, oh well. Sure does feel good to go from 1-15 to AFC East champs. Sure does feel good knowing Pennington went to New York, and beat his former team. Sure does feel good knowing the Jets and Bills are both choke jobs. Sure does feel good knowing the Patsies are 11-5 and not in the playoffs. Sure does feel good knowing the Jests are stuck with Clemons next year at QB. Sure does feel good knowing the Jets have no money to spend on somebody that they might actually need while the Fins are 20 million under the cap as it stands right now. Did I mention freeing up 21 Million in Dead Cap? Feels good knowing the Fins will be back in the playoffs again next year, while the Jets go back to having 4-12 seasons.

So even though we might go 1 and done, I have so much more to be happy about :grin:

14. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

C'mon man, giving all credit to our schedual just shows what little ammunition you have to work with at this point. I never act like a clown on this board, mainly because I enjoy the site during the offseason and I'd like to continue to do so, I'll say this though. The Jets looked emotionless, they looked unispired, like a group of robots doing a job because that's what they get paid to do.

These franchises are headed in opposite directions. Cuts loom for the Jets, and if the owner has half a brain coaching changes are in order.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Keep telling yourself that little buddy.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...the Jets looked like shit for the last 5 weeks....i'll be the first to admit that.

But i don't need some assclown troll coming up here to shove it in my face.

I understand you don't act like a jerk here...and it's appreciated...but this isn't about you.

You guys won...great.....enjoy it. And if you somehow slay the dragon next week against the Ravens...then i'll eat some more crow....but it's not going to happen....you guys aren't SB contenders....sorry.

17. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

You know what, I'm not going to go into the talent we've got here, our youth, or the future. I will say, that with good coaching top tier talent isn't necessary. I realize it's hard to understand that after watching the Jets all season - but 7 Pro Bowlers means shit if the scheme isn't tailored.

18. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

No talent makes us owning the Jests that much more better :grin:

Don't get cheap talent and overpriced talent confused. Our FO isn't ran by retards, they actually find great talent that comes cheap to us, and keeps us 20 millino under the cap. 2 very talented WR's in Bess and Camarillo. Did I mention they're undrafted? A good kicker in Carpenter, wow did I mention undrafted? I don't even want to mention our great draft. On the other hand, theres the retarded FO's like which the Jets have, instead of having an eye for talent (Like Parcells), they just go out and sign the big names (Faneca, Jenkins, Pace, Woody) thus putting them in Cap Hell. And did I mention you guys fucking suck at drafting? Gholston hehe.

19. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I want to sit here straight faced and say that Miami will beat Baltimore, but I'd be lying to myself. That defense is sick. I will aknowledge that we have a much better chance of getting it done than you guys do. Either way, this season has been a success and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

20. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Yeah you fail to mention moving up for Revis and Harris in 07.. drafting mangold and fergurson in 06.. leoon washington in the 4th.. if anything tannenbaum been a tremendous drafter