Cap Trouble Looms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rocinante, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Remember, we spent several years trying to rid ourselves of players Parcell's paid way too much money to. So, get ready Miami.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm curious to what a cap guru on this board knows about our cap situation, since no one has really provided any explanation to why we'd be in trouble or what type of trouble we'd be in. I'm sure the spending spree didn't help our situation, but I'd be shocked if we were hamstrung too much by the cap. Obviously we won't be next season's big spenders, but that's obvious.

3. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

I have no clue what I'm talking about :rofl2: Truth hurts huh? So I guess you think you're just going to go out and get more high priced Free Agents huh? Don't we all wish money just grew on trees.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If you're going to make a claim, please back it up with some facts. You've come on here before saying we'd be in cap hell in upcoming years but ducked and ran when asked for facts.

You have none because you're full of shit.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If he's released than he still gets the money. If a team cuts a player, than it still owes the guaranteed money in a contract - which is all of the money in Favre's contract. Favre retiring is the only way to clear his number off of the cap.

6. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Nope sure didn.t We also didn't break open the bank on 4 players either.

Feels really good to be 20 million under the cap, with 21 million in dead cap being freed up, while the Jets are what? almost 2 million over the cap? :metal:

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The funny thing is, on one hand you're mocking the Jets for going out & spending money on FA's. Then you mock the Jets for not having money to spend...on FA's.

You, sir, are a fool.

8. CatoTheElder

Ok, I'd like to know where you got the 2million over figure.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

$2 million is a matter of one contract restructure, hardly "cap hell". Favre will almost surely retire which would immediately put us $11 million in the good. So there go's the whole "cap hell" argument.

10. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary09.html

http://www.phinzmania.com/forums/view.php?pg=salarycap

So, how's it going to feel to see the Fins making some big splashes in Free Agency on our way to a Super Bowl, while the Jests hustle to cut players just so they can get under the cap? I'm certainly going to enjoy it :grin:

11. WhiteShoeWillis

$2 million is nothing. Tannenbaum will have that worked out without breaking a sweat. It will probably take care of itself when Favre retires. This thread is a joke.

12. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Ahh of course, silly me for thinking Jet fans understand basic stuff. There is a difference between making poor decisions on Free Agents, and making wise decisions. The Jets, made poor decisions by breaking the bank in hope of making it far in the playoffs (lol). The Dolphins, made wise decisions (Wilford the only exception), by signing talented players who don't command big money, and boy that's a long list. Camarillo, Bess, Cobbs, etc. Must suck knowing a team of no names will be in the playoffs, over your team of overpayed Free Agents led by a washed up QB.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Are you kidding me? Chad Pennington is a dead man walking next week against the Ravens...and you're talking Super Bowl??...baahahahaha!!

dude....i needed a good laugh after today....thanks for providing the necessary comedic retardation....outstanding :up:

14. CatoTheElder

15. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

2 million is nothing? It's nothing when your a good team like the Giants, Titans, etc. It means alot when your a pretty bad team like the Jets, Lions, etc, who is going to need that money to actually get you somewhere like I dunno, the playoffs maybe? No money to spend means your going to have to try and make due with the garbage you have on your team.

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

your team won, congrats there is no need to come on the jets forum and be a asshole.. go enjoy the victory elsewhere

17. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Sorry, Pennington only choked when he had a shitty team and coaching staff, ala the New York Jets. When he actually has a team around him, and a good coaching staff, he does stuff like 22-30 for 200 yards and 2 TD's in big games with playoff implications.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the garbage we have on our team? You guys had a "bucket of gravy" of a schedule..and we were 1-1 within our season series with you.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Oh man....i guess i should bid you "adieu" right now....because after the Baltimore grounds crew scrape up what's left of Chad Pennington off the field next week...we probably won't hear from you again.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

Exactly, it's nothing. Like I said the two million will easily be taken care of by Tannenbaum if Favre doesn't take care of it by retiring.

Enjoy your 1 and done.